Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site was down approximately 12 hours

Hi all,

Yesterday was no fun at all. I was online at 4:30pm when things were running slow and quirky. About 45 minutes later the forum crashed altogether. This was a problem with the database that creates the forum so the main website was never affected. And was caused by something going on with the server at the hosting company.

The problem was resolved approximately 5 a.m. and it appears that nothing was lost as a result. But if you find anything missing or not functioning properly, please let me know here or via PM or email.

There is a change in hosting companies on the horizon.

My email is k9diabetes@gmail.com. You are always welcome to use that if the forum is having problems and you have questions.

Hoping for a peaceful and fully functional weekend!

Natalie

Re: Site was down approximately 12 hours

Thank you Natalie!!

Harry & Fergy

Comment

Rough times, Natalie - so sorry! I did run into the problem, too.

Site seems to be working okay for the moment. I don't see that anything is missing.

HOWEVER, I did just have to "Try again" because the server was slow to respond. Possibly the hosting company is weak with its maintenance procedures.

This can't be the easiest site to maintain, as we get quite a few new posts and information in a day, including (yay!) adding new members, so adding all those records to be maintained. Some defragmentation might be in order!

Or maybe it's something entirely different, having to do with server performance and maintenance.

Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:32:42 (PDT)
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      CarolW

Comment

Natalie,
        Since the forum came back up, threads with new posts that I've just read are still showing unread when I return to the main forum. Is this just me?
        Patty
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I haven't noticed anything like that here - but I have had it happen once or twice at K9Cushing's. I think it could have something to do with cookies(?) I've got a couple of other browsers on this computer (Firefox and Opera - I'm using Google Chrome at the moment) so I'll see if I can get any weirdness to occur with with one or other of those.

Alison

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
            Natalie,
            Since the forum came back up, threads with new posts that I've just read are still showing unread when I return to the main forum. Is this just me?
            Patty
            Patty - I had that quite frequently BEFORE the forum crash the other night.

Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:23:48 (PDT)
            http://www.coherentdog.org/
            CarolW

Comment

Okay - I could make it happen with Opera. That was looking at a thread and then having it show up as unread just after. Firefox was normal.

When I "marked forums read" they showed up as being read.

Alison

Comment

Thanks for checking Alison. I'm using IE8.
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I have seen that happen at times at vBulletin forums. Never knew why and it went away on it's own. I'm using IE8 as well. It's not happening for me right now though.

Comment

Ok. Just wanted to check. It's happened before to me here but went away on its own rather quickly. But it's still happening to me tonight yet. Maybe as Alison said, it has something to do with cookies. I'll try shutting down my computer later tonight.

Comment

Either rebooting my computer or today being a new day seemed to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                      X