Helping a Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping a Friend

My pet sitter called me late last night. She was sitting a diabetic dog that was in hypo mode. I walked her through what to do and when he stopped shivering, I made the trip over. No monitors in the house so I took my alpha track. Spent some time making sure she was ok, a 13 year old black lab, and drove home sobbing the whole way. Taking care of Forbin has left such a huge impact on my soul. Our diabetic friends are so so special.
    Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Re: Helping a Friend

Peggy! Thank goodness your pet sitter knew to call you!

It's interesting to me how much Jack fills the hole Chris left in our hearts but also doesn't...

Natalie

Comment

Peggy,

That must have been such a bittersweet feeling. I sort of felt useless when Buddy died and wished there was someone I could help. You did a good thing. I'm not sure I would have the confidence to be any help in a situation like that now.

Jenny

Comment

Peggy,
        What a blessing. So glad she could call you! I can only imagine the hole Forbin has left...
        Patty
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
        X