PDA

View Full Version : Radar! Our new love!

Saigo
07-12-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm sorry it took so long Joan/budding, just had other issues. I can't thank Natalie and everyone here at this forum enough for the support with Zoro. That being said we found another love to fill the hole.

We picked out Radar, just last sunday. He is a bundle of joy for us. Has progressed from stumbling down stairs, sleeping, and of coarse peeing.

To running down the stairs, having a bundle of energy at 5 am, and holding his pee!! He's an awesome traveler too. He's filled a huge hole in our hearts.

I can't figure out how to post pictures but there are a couple on my profile.

Tikobird
07-12-2010, 06:24 PM
OMG look at that face!!!!

Patty
07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh he's sooo handsome!!! Congratulations :D

Patty

Joan
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Cute pics for sure. Congratulations again on the new additiion. If you are ever by this way, be sure and stop in.
Hugs Joan

CarolW
07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Radar is a real cutie-pie! I am very sure he will keep you VERY busy!

I'm glad the cat came back! Wow; that must have been worrying!

But now you have Radar, too. Great! So glad you could find a dog to help fill up that hole in your heart!

Love and hugs,

Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:46:47 (PDT)

k9diabetes
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh man.... he is adorable! Congratulations!!!

http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=162&pictureid=880

Saigo
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
He really has helped to fill a hole. But when my kitty went missing, I was like " what have I done" she is my love too. The cats are still very skitish, but Radar has only chased them once, and corrected him. He just looks at them now, so I think we will all get along.

Evey morning Baby Saigo slinks across the floor to the plywood barrier, stands on her hind legs to peer over the barrier to see if that critter is still here. LOL! He's also content in his crate at night!

Joan if we ever get your way I will certainly look you up, would love to meet your pug herd!

Noodle
07-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh, my - that picture gives me such puppy envy right now! He is so stinking cute!! I'm glad Radar has brought so many smiles to you and your family. Congratulations on the little addition! :D

buddingartist
07-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Just so simply adorable. Cute as a button and by the looks of it, a lively little thing. Congrats.

peggy0
07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
What a sweetie. congrats on the new addition. I know he is loved to pieces :)

Saigo
07-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks everyone, he getting to be a handful for sure! Into everything, when his food bowl is empty he brings it to us! I had forgotten how much fun a new pup is!

CarolW
07-13-2010, 09:00 PM
What, Radar? Into everything? (haha!)

I used to lie down on the floor so my eyes would be about puppy-eye-height, think about being a curious creature, and start looking around. I had the disadvantage of not being a good sniffer, compared to a pup, but sometimes I'd find potential hazards.

I'll be doing this again, to prepare for my next dog, even if not a puppy.

Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:59:35 (PDT)

Saigo
07-14-2010, 08:13 PM
LOL! Hubby doesn't like to put him in the crate at nite, and gave him full run of the house :eek: well 1st time he did that we had important papers ripped up, a few pee spots and a box chewed!

So then he thought I'll barrier him into the mud room, well Radar discovered digging that day outside, and decided while we all sleep he'd continue on the wall LOL! Nice doggy hole gouge in the wall now, :D

Tikobird
07-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Aren't puppies fun! I too felt bad about crating Bosco (who just turned 1 last month) when we got him at 7 weeks old. I figured I had 2 other grown, extremely well behaved "brothers" to set examples for him - which they absolutely did help in house breaking, but they weren't very good baby sitters while we slept or went out. The final straw was when we came home from an errand - only gone about 40 minutes - and found the little devil....uh I mean Bosco, had pulled the fibers out of the wall to wall carpet in the den & living room in about 5 different spots leaving holes showing just the canvas back. Needless to say out came the crate. However, I trained him that his crate was not a bad thing & we practiced going in & out several times a day - each time telling him to "Place" and when he got in, we made a big deal of what a good boy he was & he got a cookie. After a couple of days I would tell him Place & he would "RUN" into his crate (they are really so smart!). We only used it when we went to bed or were going out and after about a week he started sleeping in it without being asked (would even nap in it during the day) and we stopped locking him in at night - just pushed the door shut. We only got rid of the crate about 2 months ago mainly because I wanted my room back, but I really think he missed it at first. So, the bottom line is not to feel guilty about crate training a puppy - most of them end up loving it and use it as their safe place. Sorry for the rant - guess I got carried away LOL

Saigo
07-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Aren't puppies fun! I too felt bad about crating Bosco (who just turned 1 last month) when we got him at 7 weeks old. I figured I had 2 other grown, extremely well behaved "brothers" to set examples for him - which they absolutely did help in house breaking, but they weren't very good baby sitters while we slept or went out. The final straw was when we came home from an errand - only gone about 40 minutes - and found the little devil....uh I mean Bosco, had pulled the fibers out of the wall to wall carpet in the den & living room in about 5 different spots leaving holes showing just the canvas back. Needless to say out came the crate. However, I trained him that his crate was not a bad thing & we practiced going in & out several times a day - each time telling him to "Place" and when he got in, we made a big deal of what a good boy he was & he got a cookie. After a couple of days I would tell him Place & he would "RUN" into his crate (they are really so smart!). We only used it when we went to bed or were going out and after about a week he started sleeping in it without being asked (would even nap in it during the day) and we stopped locking him in at night - just pushed the door shut. We only got rid of the crate about 2 months ago mainly because I wanted my room back, but I really think he missed it at first. So, the bottom line is not to feel guilty about crate training a puppy - most of them end up loving it and use it as their safe place. Sorry for the rant - guess I got carried away LOL

:) I'm so enjoying this new baby! I tried explaining to hubby how crate training works (safe place) but he thought it was mean. Radar does feel safe in there, he sleeps in there every night, but hubby would leave the door open so he could access the mudroom :eek:

LOL! well after showing him the hole in the wall last night. This morning the crate door was closed!!! Radar didn't mind at all. Its hubby that needs training:D

Next step is the outdoor kennel he doesn't like it, whines the minute I leave him there, but the stays in the kennel are getting longer each day!

Tikobird
07-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Don't feel bad I'm still training my husband .... have been for 20 years LOL. We don't have an outdoor kennell. We live in a real rural area in the middle of 50 acres so they have the run of the place. They do disspear for a couple hours at a time which makes me nervous but I can't see locking them up out there :) Good luck with it - puppies are great fun albeit a lot of work :)