PDA

View Full Version : cremation

nfjchester
10-30-2010, 07:06 AM
when your pet passed or when it does what did you choose or will choose to do ? i am leaning towards cremation .

peggy0
10-30-2010, 12:43 PM
I've cremated all my pets. Ask your vet for a reputable place.

buddingartist
10-30-2010, 02:46 PM
We've also made plans to cremate and keep their ashes where they belong.... at home with us.

We asked our vet and when I asked for a guarantee that I would receive my pets' ashes (and not somebody's fireplace ashes), I was given the option to take the pet to the cremation place ourselves and to attend.

Louise

k9diabetes
10-30-2010, 04:03 PM
We have always gone with private cremation and the ashes returned to us.

Natalie

ozzi
11-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I have always cremated my pets. My vet has the facilities on site. I personally never wanted the ashes back (for the same reason I don't typically visit graves of family members...it just doesn't help me, although for many it does). When one of my pets passes, I choose a common cremation, and make a donation to the shelter where I originally got them.
Kevin

Noodle
11-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I've always had mixed feelings about it. My parents had one of our family cats cremated and then my mom put her urn on the end table by their sofa for quite a while. For some reason it really bugged me. My mom finally moved it out of sight.

When our last dog passed we had him cremated. My original intent was to bury the ashes in the garden or have a commemorative stone made with them for the garden. But the entire idea upset my daughter who was about 8 at the time. She couldn't part with the ashes so they are still in the house all of these years later. They're in a wooden box with an angel sitting on top that she made shortly after his death.

I'm comfortable with cremation and plan to be cremated myself. It's what to do with the ashes afterwards that I'm always conflicted about. My mom wants to be cremated and spend half her time with my family and half her time with my brother. I said, "No offense Mom, but I REALLY don't want you sitting on my mantle!", lol.

CarolW
11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I've always chosen group cremation for my dogs and cats, because I don't want to keep the ashes. These animals are permanently in my heart and soul, where they belong!

I respect those who prefer to keep the ashes.

Cremation is so clean; I think of it as a kind of purifier that suits the hearts and souls of our companion animals.

Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:50:01 (PST)

hiwaygal
11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I've had my last two dogs who have passed cremated, and their ashes placed in beautiful wooden boxes.

With my most recent loss, Sally, she was adopted and I signed a contract with the agency. I promised to give her a "forever home". And that's what I did.

For me, I know their souls are in a better place, but I just can't bear to bury them.