PDA

View Full Version : Sad news, Dolly passed away August 3, 2018

eyelostit
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
http://k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=1077&albumid=3&dl=1295329620&thumb=1 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3&pictureid=1077) http://k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=1079&albumid=3&dl=1295329653&thumb=1 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3&pictureid=1079)

If you click on Picture it will enlarge.

BestBuddy
01-17-2011, 10:48 PM
I can't see a picture...must be my browser. I will have to see if I can get in on another computer and see if it will show.

Jenny

PS Great to hear from you.

eyelostit
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Pippy is a brown border collie mix, I think she is part Irish Setter or some kind of Spaniel from her freckled nose, she sure is Border Collie, she has amber eyes.

I never had a brown/auburn color dog before.

I saw her listed online at a shelter, I keep looking at her picture & going back to the site, then I called, "Is she still there" so I told the gal It'd take me about 2 hrs to get there, they kept her overnight for me cuz I had to stay at a motel, they chipped her and I had her spayed the week later, shots and all of that.

I go to the new vet who last saw Niki, I liked him and his associates there.

She surely ease's the pain from losing my Niki, I still think I have a blind dog, certain times when coming in house etc, I still put my hand over the edge of the door & things like that.

I was back again at the dogfood aisles reading all the ingredients again, she's eating the Wellness brand. She's a holy terror running all over the place,picking up things that I don't know where she gets them from, still a pup she either 1yr 9 months or 10 months, both the Vet and the Shelter wrote different ages, judging I think a year at most.

LOL I didn't know what I was getting into with this lil Pippy, all of my dogs were older and knew the rules.:eek:

I'm sure Niki would like my new friend.

BestBuddy
01-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Dolly,

I am so happy for you. Niki will always be part of your hear but you have enough room for another.:D

I too have 2 healthy young dogs now, compared to my three geriatrics and I still try to stop them from hurting themselves as if they are blind, deaf and feeble.

Can you put her pic in your album so I can see her.

Jenny

eyelostit
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM
I can't see a picture...must be my browser. I will have to see if I can get in on another computer and see if it will show.

Jenny

PS Great to hear from you.

I know at times Nat can't see my pictures but others can, I just don't understand computers, I'm thinking of getting a new one but the thought of copying files and getting myself sick over the install etc. makes me wait.;)

I heard about the flooding there, I hope it did not affect you, its springtime right there right? Geez I gotta wait 2 more months & them some, we never know what April will do here, hot& cold or rain & cold or all and it ruins my apple trees.

eyelostit
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Dolly,

I am so happy for you. Niki will always be part of your hear but you have enough room for another.:D

I too have 2 healthy young dogs now, compared to my three geriatrics and I still try to stop them from hurting themselves as if they are blind, deaf and feeble.

Can you put her pic in your album so I can see her.

Jenny

Let me give it a try, stand by.

eyelostit
01-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Jen, you should be able to view my pictures now.

BestBuddy
01-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Wow.

I was already there waiting and she is just beautiful. Such an expressive face, you are going to have so much fun together.

Jen

eyelostit
01-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Wow.

I was already there waiting and she is just beautiful. Such an expressive face, you are going to have so much fun together.

Jen

I think to view albums you have to add members to friends list or make it public.

Oh my, we are having fun :), so much fun I feel like I have a toddler.;)

LOL, Dolly

peggy0
01-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Hey Dollyhe
So good to see you back Sr. ! :) Pip is a real cutie and I know she has filled your heart with smiles and love. Looks like a border collie aussie shepard to me. Nice size. I know what you mean about the young ones. Toby sure keeps me on my toes. He seems to have learned the rules and then he'll run around the living room leaping over a table and couch to catch a yorkie or kittie :) Welcome back dolly

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom
01-18-2011, 05:30 AM
I think that Pip is sure going to keep you on your toes! Look at those eyes! She's ready for a party, that's for sure! Oh my goodness - so glad you found each other!!!! Congrats!

Tami, Soapher, and Sydneygirl

Patty
01-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Oh my goodness Dolly, Look at that face! She's so adorable! Congrats :D Patty

pgcor
01-18-2011, 06:06 AM
OMG! Completely different Pip - but has that wild eyed look of my Pip! I couldn't be happier for you Dolly. Niki would love her too! You just made my day!

Pam

k9diabetes
01-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Dolly... I was just thinking about you a week or so ago and wondering if you were going to have a dog in your life again soon. I can't remember what got me thinking about it.

Congratulations to you and to Pip... who seems to have Niki's spirit in her eyes, not to mention a lot of resemblance in that mischievous face!

I see a lot of border collie... is she bigger or smaller? Papillion crossed my mind also.

What wonderful news! :)

Natalie

CarolW
02-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Dolly!

Somehow I missed this till now! I'll have to go look at your picture(s)!

Yep; those young ones can be a real handful! Hehe!

My Camellia is, too, though for different reasons, though she's a few years older than Pippy; I'll be reporting again in Camellia's thread.

I am SO GLAD you were able to open your heart to another dog. I'm absolutely sure Niki would approve most heartily. She probably pushed you in that direction anyway, as Kwali and Kumbi pushed me to get Camellia!

Looking forward to any more reports you might have of your adventures with Pippy!

Love and hugs,
Sun, 13 Feb 2011 06:26:00 (PST)

Margaret Boyle
02-13-2011, 02:51 PM
I missed this too Dolly,

Congratulations she is a wee beauty, I am so glad for you and I know Niki will be glad to:D:D

This is what you need Dolly;);)

Hugs

Margaret xxx

eyelostit
03-29-2011, 02:58 PM
I was looking at some pictures of dogs, I think Pip is mostly border collie with brittany spaniel in her, especially with her freckled nose and her paws are freckled and somewhat a little larger than Niki's with just the 2 dew claws on her front paws.

With all the snow and ice storms her, when she went outside with me, we would fall through the ice snow mixture, so of course Pip got a cut/abrasion from it and naturally she had to keep licking at it making it worse, that was about a month and a half ago.

We had her nails trimmed last week and naturally the vet wanted to know why I had the coban wrap or vet wrap on her leg. They mentioned the cone of course but Pip's whole little head was in that, like it was too large, she looked like a priest or something like that, so off with the cone, bought some more gauze and use the Derma-gel I've had and re wraped, that wrap is really good, I had asked the vet what that was when they used it on Niki awhile back.

Hopefully by friday it will be cleared up, always something, she's not free to have the house by herself yet when I am gone, I hated buying a crate but thats for her protection, God forbid what could happen by the time I got home, she's a holy terror and I know she'd get into everything, I should have gotten another dog a few years ago and Niki would have trained her, so I have a toddler now for the time being. Of course she is right here laying in back of my chair, she doesn't know yet she needs to go under the desk with me rolling the chair back & forth.

She's a baby and has really helped with the loss of Niki, at times I still think Niki is laying here and there, it takes time. If it makes any sense I get sad when I go to the store where I bought her ground turkey & vegetables, I always think of Niki then, only a diabetic pet owner could understand that.;)

Dolly

CarolW
03-29-2011, 04:56 PM
So good to see you back, Dolly, and to read your update on Pip. (A glorious name for a dog, right, Pam?)

Hope her paw heals up quickly now! Paws can be so difficult! That rough snow and ice is horrid on a dog's paws! Especially if street crews put down sand - and SALT!

I got lucky this past winter - moved house (horrid, horrid job) - and on my new street (one I lived on for 27 years previously, but now farther up the street), the crews didn't bother ploughing, nor sanding nor salting! Thank goodness!

But I couldn't walk Camellia anyway, because my driveway and street are on a slippery slope! And ONE jerk from Camellia on the leash would have sent me flying. At the OLD place, the driveway and road were flat, and I could walk Kwali and Kumbi safely just by planting my feet carefully.

Here, we were snowbound for nearly five days, Camellia braving the outside stairs, which were icy - to do her stuff when needed. That was very good of her, as she was only recently house-trained - by me!

I know what you mean about missing our diabetic dogs. Because I now live in a different place, I have fewer constant reminders of Kwali and Kumbi - but that makes little difference, oddly enough, as I still miss both a lot, a lot, a lot! As I do my earlier animal companions.

Do keep us posted on Pip!

Love, hugs, licks and wags,
Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:56:27 (PDT)

Patty
03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Good to hear an update on Pip, Dolly! Hoping that paw heals up soon.

I crated Ali early on as well when we were gone. She too was a holy terror with the desire to chew ;). Eventually we progressed to a restricted area with baby gate, then finally she was deemed trustworthy where the only thing she destroyed was her stuffed toys. :D I left the crate up for a while and she liked taking naps in it with the door propped open.

I understand the associations with Niki. They are such a part of us.

Good to hear from you!
Patty

pgcor
03-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey Dolly - I know what you mean about Nikki. I still do that with my beloved Buddy. I miss that guy so much. He tore a foot and a half hole in my wall-to-wall carpeting, but I hated that carpeting - so we HAD to get new! I loved him even more.

Holy Terror? Nobody told you to name her Pip! LOL Just kidding. But yes, Carol it is a glorious name!

Looks like she's keeping you busy! It's hard work, but I miss the puppyhood sometimes. I think it's the puppy breath! Do you have any more pictures of her? I'll look at your site. Glad the paw is healing!

Hey, I got my Newman so that Pip could train him - now he barks like a lunatic too!

How are you doing Dolly?

bgdavis
03-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Dolly,

Just glad to see you posting some. Hope you and Pip are doing fine.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom
03-30-2011, 01:18 PM
So very very very good to hear from you Dolly! Of course Pip has an issue with the claw - what else would you do with your time? You need the "always something" ;) lol!!!!

Tami, Soaphie and Sydney!!!

eyelostit
03-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey Dolly - I know what you mean about Nikki. I still do that with my beloved Buddy. I miss that guy so much. He tore a foot and a half hole in my wall-to-wall carpeting, but I hated that carpeting - so we HAD to get new! I loved him even more.

Holy Terror? Nobody told you to name her Pip! LOL Just kidding. But yes, Carol it is a glorious name!

Looks like she's keeping you busy! It's hard work, but I miss the puppyhood sometimes. I think it's the puppy breath! Do you have any more pictures of her? I'll look at your site. Glad the paw is healing!

Hey, I got my Newman so that Pip could train him - now he barks like a lunatic too!

How are you doing Dolly?

I'm ok, just getting older:eek: and all the bs associated with that.
I think with Pippy..... what I have is a large fenced yard but I can see she is a digger, so I think I still will need to put up a run in the fenced yard, at times when I cannot keep an eye on her, like when I need to mow :( In the fall before winter set in, I'm looking from my garden shed and thought she looks like she's outside the fence, she was! there was a spot by my walkway where she somehow pushed the fenced and crawled under it or she crawled under the walkway to get under the fence, well then I had to go out & buy cement and some bricks! Mixing cement etc, it was around maybe 45 degrees and I was freezing and cursing.

Thank God she just ran up the hill a bit and I acted like I had a treat to give her. So I think I better start off with a run, when I brought her home first 3 weeks before it really got cold, she liked to eat a clump of dirt with grass, I think maybe that was due to being in a shelter & maybe no love there. She likes to eat snow, she follows me all around, she must think I am going to leave her, will cry when I go down to get the mail and barks when I come back (the barking is what Niki did when she was mad I was gone & didn't take her with me). I haven't taken her for lots of rides yet, she went into my trash in the car, well she's just a pup still, she don't know whats good to eat yet, I can't leash her in the car, too dangerous. I'm still leary of her trying to do a leap out of the car, Oh I don't remember going thru this with my other dogs, I most likely did and forgot as time went by.
Of course she sleeps with me, first day I got her put her in the bed so she'd feel she was safe, she probably thought what is this? since then she knows when we are going to bed and is in the bed before I am.;)
The Kong ball with the treats you put inside she want's nothing to do with it.

I got my work cut out for me and Pip once the weather breaks if it ever breaks, usually end of April its safe.

I haven't taken her wrap off her cut yet, maybe on weekend and I pray its healed, if it has a scab I'll have to wrap it again cuz she will chew the scab off.:rolleyes: They just don't know we are trying to protect them.

Take care
Dolly & Angel Niki

eyelostit
03-31-2011, 11:38 PM
So very very very good to hear from you Dolly! Of course Pip has an issue with the claw - what else would you do with your time? You need the "always something" ;) lol!!!!

Tami, Soaphie and Sydney!!!

But of course ;)

eyelostit
03-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi Dolly,

Just glad to see you posting some. Hope you and Pip are doing fine.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Thanks Bonnie, we're doing ok and crazy as I mentioned to Pam, when I see your ID I always think of that cute picture I emailed you with the dogs in the snow, I still have it on my computer.

I hope all is well with you, I know its been awhile, off the milkshakes are ya?

Take care
Dolly & Angel Niki

pgcor
04-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Dolly - I get the BS part of getting older. I dread the spring because I know I've got to get out there and start working in the yard. Used to love it! What are we going to do?

I wanted to tell you that my Buddy was also an "escape artist" supreme! Always digging holes to get out of the yard. Just like Stalag 17! Eventually he stopped. But it took quite awhile. I hope that's not the case with Pip. My Buddy just liked to visit the other dogs in the neighborhood. Everytime I caught him outside the fence - I lost 10 years on my life. We just kept thinking - okay now it's secure! The dog run is probably a good idea.

I thing it's so cute how she learned to get in bed before you! They learn so fast! I am glad to read how you two are bonding. It really warms this old heart of mine!

MaryLea
04-08-2011, 01:45 PM
...at times I still think Niki is laying here and there, it takes time. If it makes any sense I get sad when I go to the store where I bought her ground turkey & vegetables, I always think of Niki then,....;)

Dolly

I totally understand. My "new" little one (Izzy) is a rescue, and I still occassionally call her Ruffles. Guess "the Girl" is thinking of me! Izzy doesn't seem to mind, although she does know her own name because she turns her head when we call her.

You are right; it's good to have a little one to help ease the pain of loss.

Hope you and Pip are getting along well these days.

Mary

eyelostit
04-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Just a Hi to everyone :)

The weather is lousy here as usual, course it seems to be that way all over the country, rain, rain continuous, maybe by weekend it will be nice?

Pip is doing fine and will need to get her nails trimmed again, with all the rain I can't blame her for not wanting to out very long in the murky grass & mud, she still has a habit of eating dirt, not as much as when I brought her home, can't understand why she does that and I can't remember way back if my other dogs did it.
Dolly & Angel Niki ;)

peggy0
04-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi Dolly,

Nice to hear from you! We're ducking tornadoes down here in Texas. Very scarey. Toby loves to eat wood chips which I am not very successfully trying to stop. I was told once they eat dirt to satisfy a mineral deficiency. Apparently so do some children. Not sure how true it is.

eyelostit
06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Pip's doing good, active as ever, her lil cut is finally healing and she's letting her leg alone.

She's very shy and hides when I correct her, I had read this about Brittany's, tho she's mostly border collie, I can see some of the Brittany side of her.

Patty
06-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Glad her cut is finally healing Dolly. Hope you're having some good weather :)

Patty

eyelostit
07-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Pippy is doing fine, we're goin to get a nail trim next week, I can't figure the nail trims, she's always digging, maybe an anal glad expression, maybe in time I may do that again, but ah..let the vet do it.

She's a good watchdog and her eyes are always on me, following me all over the house, her amber eyes are so different almost human like :)

pgcor
07-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Dolly - do you have any new pics of the little rascal? Especially a close up of her eyes?

eyelostit
04-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Hi Dolly - do you have any new pics of the little rascal? Especially a close up of her eyes?

I didn't realize its been that long to talk about my Pip, here is another pic

http://k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=1082&albumid=118&dl=1295334851&thumb=1 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1082) http://k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=1081&albumid=118&dl=1295334851&thumb=1 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1081) she likes to take over my chair when I'm doing something.

I was buying the Orijen Food for her for awhile, she really didn't like it too much & only ate 1/3 rds of it over the day, I tried the Wellness and the Blue Wilderness same thing, so I had to mix some wilderness with another type of food plus add about 1/3 to 1/2 can of wet dog food so she'd eat a bowl of it. Of course I have spoiled her, its funny she has those amber eyes that really seem human to me, she will look at TV on occasion even rises up on the TV cabinet too view to get a closer look. I gotta put up my small bamboo fence in part of the dogs yard, she likes to lay on my lilies. Shes getting her nails trimmed this week and maybe an anal gland expression, why does the anal gland thing follow me around, seems just the females I've had needed this done.

I'm glad spring is trying to get here, we can still get a pounding of snow, I'm working on my perennials to get them in shape for sale when it is finally is spring, which reminds me I'd better get my studed tires off we have till the 15th but there's always an exception if we get lot of snow. So much to do so little time...

A hello to all the new members this place has grown so much over the years, it will be 5 yrs right Nat?

Well I guess I've talked enough

Dolly and Angel Niki and Pip

Patty
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Always great to hear from you Dolly :) Love the new pics of Pip!

MaryLea
04-06-2012, 06:57 PM
I cannot see your pics in your post or your profile, but Natalie was kind enough to email copies to me. I love the close-up of her eyes! Adorable for sure. ;)

Mary

eyelostit
06-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I am MIA, so many new members, the site has really grown, there's an anniversary for the site coming up right?
I hope all of your doggies are doing ok and yourselves ;)

Pip is doing fine, she is very timid, she hates when I empty ice cube trays with the noise and when I use the shipping tape roller, she's right here beside me.:)

Take Care,
Dolly and Angel Niki

Patty
03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Dolly,
It's great to see you here! How's Pip doing?
Patty

eyelostit
03-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Dolly,
It's great to see you here! How's Pip doing?
Patty

Pip's a holy terror. I seen your" Time is precious" quote and you know who I thought of right away, never a human, there's something really wrong with me;)

Patty
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Awe, your just a dog lover Dolly. Bet you could tell some stories on your Pip, LOL.

eyelostit
03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Pip's been with me for 2 yrs now, she quit eating dirt last year, I think that had to do with being in the humane society for awhile.

She shields me from my mother, really ;). I don't know what the thing is called, the wood thing with glass doors that you sit your TV on, well she stand up with her paws on that and watches the TV for a few seconds, she does watch the TV when someone starts running and she runs right over there and paws are up there. What's really funny is when that commercial comes on for "I've fallen and I can't get up" she runs right to the TV, maybe she thinks I fell.

She's still scared when I empty the ice cubes in the tray & hates when I roll off shipping tape when packing boxe. Just the noise I guess

She don't drink much water but that's ok with me! I mentioned in Soaph's post I've got to give her a trim, she has those tuffs, I can't hardly wait for that expedition!

I give her a sweet potato treat once in awhile & she gets her other treats, I just bought her one of those collars that reflects or light's up it does something, I haven't put it on her, after her bath I'll do that.

It's been really snowing all winter here, snowing all day and night today.

I've been in this damn house since July of last year, I have something wrong with my legs and it took the damn Dr.'s 6 mo to figure out what it was. I went to a Dr. yesterday had to fill up the tank, drive 70 miles, he gives me an Rx, I take it to get it filled and then I get paged over the store, I swear the Drs. are becoming imbeciles anymore, he didn't sign it!

Around here there are no Drs. with private practice anymore, guess that's how it's going to be everywhere, the hospital bought out my Dr. & most of the Drs. around here, this hospital is going to take over the 2 other hospitals. Well we all know that's money.

Well gotta go do something & 2 butterscotch krimpets await me.;)

eyelostit
04-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Just stopping by, Hi to everyone.:)

Patty
04-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Hey Dolly. Good to see you here!

eyelostit
09-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Pip's doing good, time for her shots, she seems scared of something outside & won't go out to far in the yard, I don't know if maybe a bear walked down past the fence but usually a dog will bark. Could it have been a snake, I don't know, I've seen more snakes than usual this year, mostly garter ones but we have those black snakes, I just don't know.

Pip and Marty play together its so cute.

eyelostit
02-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone :) Pips doing good, she's right here wishing I'd get out of this room and get her a treat.
Glad to see Hilary & Jasper are here

Snow, Snow, Ice, some 15 below 0 days, new studded tires!!!!!!!!:(

I can see myself as an invalid if something isn't done, going to see a back surgeon. No, not kidding. As I always say Chin up, my chin is up and I'm cursing all of the doctors.http://k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2725&albumid=3&dl=1392586214&thumb=1 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3&pictureid=2725) Of course I may be able to still ride the mower http://k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2724&albumid=3&dl=1392586214&thumb=1 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3&pictureid=2724)

dollydog I didn't forget about you, I'm behind with everything http://k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2726&albumid=3&dl=1392586724&thumb=1 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3&pictureid=2726)

Hang in there new members, it takes patience;)

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom
02-16-2014, 03:55 PM
AAACK! Sorry to hear of your back issues - please keep us posted on what's up there and what your next steps to healing are.....fingers crossed that you find relief!

peggy0
02-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Oh dolly I do hope you get help with your back. I'm fighting rheumatoid arthritis and hope I am not hearing to the wheel chair as well. Awful weather! So glad you stopped by. It's always good to hear from you

Patty
02-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Good to hear from you Dolly! Hoping spring brings some warmer weather for you soon!

k9diabetes
09-18-2018, 10:45 PM
Dolly passed away August 3, 2018, after a lengthy illness... so sad... she was a wonderful friend to animals and a kind human being.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gantdaily/obituary.aspx?n=dolores-k-refosco-dolly&pid=189874554&fhid=28149

Dolores K. "Dolly" Refosco, 65, of Rockton passed away Friday, Aug. 3, 2018 at her residence after a lengthy illness.

Born Aug. 19, 1952 in Pittsburgh, she was the daughter of Lawrence and Dolores C. (Brown) Helbling.

Mrs. Refosco had done office and clerical work most of her working career.

She was wed to Albert Refosco, who preceded her in death in 2000. She was also preceded in death by her parents.

Surviving are a sister, Susan Morder and her husband, Kenneth of Conaway, Pa.

At the request of Mrs. Refosco, there will be no public visitation or services.

The family suggests that contributions be made to the Clearfield County Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, 275 21st St., Clearfield, PA 16830.

Online condolences may be made to the family at www.chidboyfuneralhome.com.

The Chester C. Chidboy Funeral Home Inc. of Curwensville is in charge of the arrangements.
Published in Gant Daily from Aug. 10 to Aug. 13, 2018

bgdavis
09-19-2018, 07:32 AM
I'm so sorry to read this.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann