PDA

View Full Version : Toby

peggy0
06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi all. I've never been a big believer in fate, but had to go out to Craigs list a few days ago to see if a lost dog had been posted that my pet sitter had found. I didn't find the lost pups parents, but found a dog that needed to be rescued. He had 2 days before his foster home had to give him up to a shelter. I've named him Toby. He'll look pretty familiar to you all. I think Forbin must have had something to do with this one. He's brought some joy back into this house along with some I can't believe the havoc an 8 month old pup can bring. His picture is in my album

Joan
06-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!! I have not found anything in life as rewarding as saving a rescue dog. As soon as I figure out how to access your album, I will tell you how cute Toby is.
Hugs Joan

found it, and he is gorgeous! He looks just like a dog that a friend of mine has. Right down to the crooked ear. Tons of love in those eyes. You are both lucky to have each other.

peggy0
06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Thank Joan,

Just click on my picture of Forbin and it will take you to the album

BestBuddy
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Fate is good.:D
He is one lucky boy that you found him...enjoy.

Jenny

Saigo
06-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Toby is a doll! Glad he's bringing some joy to your home!

Patty
06-21-2010, 08:33 PM
He does look familiar Peggy ;). So glad you found him. I'm sure you'll have lots of Toby stories to share with an 8 month old in the house. :D

Congrats!
Patty

k9diabetes
06-21-2010, 09:44 PM
:) How Cool!!!! :)

Congratulations Toby - you are a lucky dog!

Natalie

claire81
06-22-2010, 03:44 AM
congrats on the new puppy :)

Tikobird
06-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Peggy - I do believe in fate and looking at Toby's picture next to Forbins certainly must make you wonder :). Enjoy the craziness a puppy brings

Noodle
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Smart cookie, that Forbin - he did a good job. ;)

Congratulations! Looking forward to many puppy stories...the kind that make you groan when they happen, and laugh looking back. :D

Ladybug
06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Peggy,

Oh my, is Toby ever gorgeous...reminds me so much of my Shadow, RIP girlie! Does Toby have a white patch of fur on his chest? Sort of looks like it from the photo!

The puppy years, they are so glorious! Have fun! And Forbin did do a very good job picking out your new family member!

Linda/Ladybug :)

peggy0
06-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi Linda and all

Thank you much for your compliments from Toby. Yes he does have a white ticking on his chest, and a bit on one of his paws. He's a handful but a joy

ozzi
07-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi all. I've never been a big believer in fate, but had to go out to Craigs list a few days ago to see if a lost dog had been posted that my pet sitter had found. I didn't find the lost pups parents, but found a dog that needed to be rescued. He had 2 days before his foster home had to give him up to a shelter. I've named him Toby. He'll look pretty familiar to you all. I think Forbin must have had something to do with this one. He's brought some joy back into this house along with some I can't believe the havoc an 8 month old pup can bring. His picture is in my album

See what you miss when you're not here!!??? OMG Peggy, this is GREAT news!! Toby is one lucky guy! I wish you the best with him...I know HE already has the BEST!
Kevin

eyelostit
08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Oh he's cute Sr. Peg, looks like a young Forbie!:)

peggy0
08-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi kevin,

Thanks much! he's a hand full. found him on my hall table eating the cat food; the only place that the other dogs can't get to :) LOL

Joys of puppyhood.

peggy0
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Good to hear from you dolly! he does look and act like a young forby. its amazing how the breed traits are inherent in the dogs. I swear Forbin is in there somwhere :) Wish :(

CarolW
08-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Ah, Peggy - Toby is SO handsome! Yeah; Forbin chose well for you!

Eight months is a GREAT age to work with! Kumbi was 8 months old when he came to me.

Have a look here:

http://www.coherentdog.org/arc2006/popcans.htm

This one might interest you too:

http://www.coherentdog.org/arc2006/caroldogs.htm#glassglobe

Underlying all that is meeting all a dog's real needs, which I mention on my dog-search page, which is here:

http://www.coherentdog.org/dogselect.php

I've revised that page a few times, to include more information. Just made an enquiry, but unlikely to take the dog - a one-year-old male Shih-Tzu / Bichon - I could HOPE the dog would be right, but it looks chancy to me.

I don't even know what Craigs List IS! I've heard of it; it must be akin to the UsedVictoria site where I advertised a few days ago that I'm looking for a dog.

But I had a VERY educational (in a bad way, ha!) experience this past Saturday, when I went to see a Bichon-Shih-Tzu cross. This was an independent rescuer. SHE had the dog, I didn't. She was mis-handling the dog; too bad. Frightening him. And she didn't want me to look at his teeth - isn't that interesting! I did, though. I should write up that entire experience; it was such a great lesson, highly worth the $12 of gas and the half-day I spent on it.

Sad for the dog, who was quite traumatized. I'm not planning seriously to RESCUE this time, but to get an easy dog for myself - one in excellent health, and with good temperament. My stamina is down; ha!

Surely Toby WILL be a handful at times, but I think you'll find if you think about what need he might have that hasn't, at the moment, been met, and work along those lines, you could find yourself with a very cooperative dog.

It worked with Kwali; it worked with Kumbi; it worked with the dogs of my clients.

Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:45:44 (PDT)

Patty
10-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Peggy,
How's Toby doing? Any new antics to share? ;)
Patty

peggy0
10-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Toby has learned to jump over the furniture rather than go around it. he is also enjoying barking silly at his reflection in the fireplace glass. Toby is going to obedience school while I'm on vacation over Christmas :) 2 weeks and hopefully he will grow some manners. He is loving doggy day care though and sitting on my lap when I let the moose get up on my chair LOL

k9diabetes
10-18-2010, 03:21 PM
How big is he? Labrador sized?

Looks like he's about a year old so he might get bigger yet... would love to see a new picture.

Natalie

Patty
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I can just picture him leaping over the furniture :eek:. Too cute ;):D

peggy0
10-19-2010, 07:05 AM
I need to take some. Actually he is much smaller than Forbin. About 50 pounds. A riot.

peggy0
01-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Just for a laugh, I've had a really bad cold and have boxes of tissue all over. Toby decided today while I was in my office, that he would take 2 boxes and remove them and throw them all over the family room. :) He thought it was great fun. Of course the yorkshire terrier sat on the chair with the ' you are going to get killed' look on his face when I entered the room. What was I thinking with a year old lab :( YIKES:eek:

abbeyroad
01-31-2011, 07:23 AM
A good laugh to start the day. I envision the family room looking looking like all these little "camping tents" all over the place. Mary Jo

buddingartist
01-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Funny. Somehow funnier when it happens in someone else's house:)

Hope you're feeling better.

Louise

Margaret Boyle
01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Well done Toby,:cool:

If mommy can use the tissues so can I;)

Quite funny Peggy

Margaret

Patty
01-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh my...love it Toby! Too funny :D

Get well soon Peggy! I still haven't shaken my cold yet.

Patty

bgdavis
01-31-2011, 02:11 PM
So, it's already 'snowed' in your family room?

Bonnie and Angel Criss

CarolW
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Your Yorkie - name? - was surely worried, but I think might not need have been! Your sense of humor is too great for that!

Oh, Toby! How could you? Oh; you're a LAB! (hee hee)

Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:56:16 (PST)

diggydog
02-01-2011, 04:05 AM
lol I can imagine the look on your terriers face!

Louise is right tho its always that little bit funnier when its someone else's house :D

k9diabetes
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
LOL... next time you should at least leave a video camera set up. He could be on TV and you could win some cash!!

Natalie

peggy0
02-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi Carol

My Yokies name is Oliver :) Very British

peggy0
03-08-2011, 08:36 AM
so toby came to visit me in my office this am and had money hanging out of his mouth. Luckily it was a 1 dollar bill, with half of it missing vs the 20's i had placed on my dresser. UGH

bgdavis
03-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Toby needs to learn which wallet is yours and only take money from another.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Patty
03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
OH! Instead of buying the chew toys, just eating the money is easier Mom :D

k9diabetes
03-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I've often thought we ought to just let them chew on the money! :) In fact, I'm not too sure that Greenies aren't made of mulched money. They certainly cost enough...

Toby has serious star qualities! :)

Natalie

eyelostit
04-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Just saying Hi Sr. Peg:)

Dolly

Patty
10-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Time does go by quickly. Toby is 2 this week!

Happy Birthday to Toby! :cool:

CarolW
10-18-2011, 06:18 AM
OH, TOBY!

Happy, Happy, second birthday!

Two is the first age of wisdom.
Three is the second;
Five is the third and greatest age of wisdom!

So, you have reached the first age of wisdom!
Heartiest congratulations!

Have a fabulous second birthday! You have one of the greatest Human DogMum's ever!
Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:17:47 (PDT)

buddingartist
10-18-2011, 07:46 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY.

I thought I remembered Toby as being the <tissue boy<:D and sure enough I went back on your thread and confirmed it.

Louise

k9diabetes
10-18-2011, 09:20 PM
:) Happy Birthday Toby! :)

Did you get him a box of Kleenex for his birthday?!?!? Or just give him the cash? ;)

Natalie

Shellie
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Tissue boy? THAT sounds like a fun story!

Happy Birthday, Toby! What a wonderful name! My very first kitty as a grownup was named Toby and he was amazing...as I'm sure you are, too! :)

Hugs!

Shellie
10-18-2011, 10:12 PM
As...read thread! Tissues! My last pup, Henry, had a fondness for tissue boxes...so much that as long as I had him, I never bought a box...too darn dangerous! LOL So totally know what you walked in to that day! LOL

Judi
10-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Happy Birthday Toby, he sounds like a hoot!

MaryLea
10-19-2011, 11:20 AM
As...read thread! Tissues! My last pup, Henry, had a fondness for tissue boxes...so much that as long as I had him, I never bought a box...too darn dangerous! LOL So totally know what you walked in to that day! LOL

Took me awhile, but now I remember the tissue story! :D Happy belated Birthday, Toby! Be kind to your HumanMom! ;)

Mary

Abby's Mom
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Happy Birthday, Toby! many, many more.

peggy0
10-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Toby got a bully stick to chew on vs. the kleenex :) he hasn't pulled that stunt in awhile. I will have to video him chasing the pool sweep around and around like a nut with my yorkshire terrier standing barking him on. It's a riot!

buddingartist
10-19-2011, 07:05 PM
That I have to see. Pls do take that video out :D

Louise

Patty
10-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Peggy,
How's Toby doing? And how are you? Hope things are going well.
Patty

k9diabetes
10-21-2012, 10:43 PM
:) Tobias... looks to me like you have had another birthday!! Happy Birthday Dude!! :) Please do try to be a good boy this year and maybe you can have a Kleenex for Christmas! ;)

Natalie