PDA

View Full Version : When its not really a stick

diggydog
02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Thought I would share this horror my dogs inflicted on me today :D:mad:

So there I was enjoying a relaxing walk through the woods with Skye, Alfie and my friends boxer Roxy. All the dogs were running around playing. Skye found a stick and wanted to play with it only Alfie and Roxy wanted it as well.
Normally Skye has a great "leave it" but she totally refused to leave this stick and both Roxy and Alfie kept grabbing the stick from her and rather than have them fight over it I decided to just take the stick off them and put and end to it all. I grabbed the stick telling all 3 of them to leave it and only once it was in my hand did I notice that it was in fact a whole deer leg complete with hoof, fur, bones and blood :eek::eek::eek:

I was honestly almost sick :o

peggy0
02-03-2011, 10:38 AM
OMG that is disgusting......What doggies will do in the woods. Yuck. I would have been sick as well.

Patty
02-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Ugh, They do think the grossest things are treasures don't they. :o

eileen
02-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Yikes...giggling....thanks for the smile!

diggydog
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
The best part is I ended up standing with the leg in my hands not knowing what to do - I cant fling it away cos the dogs will end up thinking its a game and go chasing it so I had to carry the leg half way round the woods until I could drop it so the dogs wouldn't notice :rolleyes:

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom
02-03-2011, 03:17 PM
No wonder he wouldn't leave it alone ;)

The horror....

eileen
02-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Your expression was probably priceless....having that leg in your hand with no quick way to get rid of it ;-)

CarolW
02-03-2011, 06:20 PM
At least it wasn't a stick of dynamite.

[deadpan]

Thu, 3 Feb 2011 18:20:10 (PST)

buddingartist
02-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Yuk, I would have freaked right out:eek:

Louise

k9diabetes
02-04-2011, 10:54 AM
:p That sure explains the exceptional interest! ;)

Your story reminded me of Murphy, a black labrador with diabetes who lived out in the country in Ireland. There was nothing... truly... that Murphy loved better than to go out into the bog and find himself a whole deer carcass - eat some, roll in it, drag half of it back. He just pretty much had a party of one with the worst conditioned one he could find. And of course, it didn't do his blood sugar any good.

I'm thinkin' that doggy kisses were also off limits for a while!

Natalie