PDA

View Full Version : Meter Says....

We Hope
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
What we're going to try to do is a little "semi-scientific" comparison of the accuracy of the various meters used by people here in comparison to the professional test value you get when going in for blood work. :)

So for those who are interested in participating in this "experiment", please post the type of meter you are using, the results you received from it and the lab values glucose result.

Kathy

rhodesian46
10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
I use the One Touch Ultra on Pebbles Had it compared to the lab at her last visit last. Their lab was 31 points higher than the human meter SO when Pebbles measured 131 it is actually 162 Is this what you wanted Kathy?

We Hope
10-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Marianne,

Sorry, didn't see you'd added the numbers until now. That's EXACTLY what I was looking for--your meter numbers against the lab values!

Thanks! :)

Kathy

CarolW
10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I am very much interested in this thread, but have nothing yet to report, because I have to find out a way to check against lab values. I'll check with my vet. For the moment, I'm doing the least scientific possible kind of testing, that is, when possible, using two meters per BG-reading; my favorite, OneTouch Ultra2 (one model later than my other favorite, the OneTouch Ultra), and the GlucoPet, which was kindly sent me for testing. For the moment, I'm doing double-pricks to test, because Kumbi's blood samples aren't generally much more than 1 microliter. (Each of the two meters requires one microliter for testing.)

I hope this thread takes off! We could have some really interesting stuff here.

Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:16:57

Cara's Mom
10-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I am using an AlphaTrak meter, its reading was 17.2 (310), the lab came back as 20.1 (362):)

k9diabetes
10-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Marion,

Just curious... were the two tests done at the same time or did you test and then they tested?

I was a little surprised to see the AlphaTrak so low. It is properly coded?

Natalie

Cara's Mom
10-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Natalie, we tested from the same sample. They had to wait a little because their big machine needed warming up! Maybe that had something to do with it.
And yes, the coding is right:)