PDA

View Full Version : POLL: How you celebrate New Year's Eve

k9diabetes
12-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I was actually born New Year's Eve and a friend born the same day used to call it "Amateur's Night"!

We Hope
12-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I knew someone who also said the same thing--but what he meant was the people who went out and partied like it was the last night on earth. Your mother wasn't partying, that's for sure, and she had a VERY good reason for being out that night! :D

I have a friend whose mother instilled an Old Country tale into her re: if you're not out and doing something New Year's Eve, this is how your entire year will be. Needless to say, she's been frenzied to be out and doing something every year, no matter what! :eek:

Kathy

k9diabetes
12-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Her theory would explain a lot of things.... ;)

acushdogsmom
12-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Just wanted to be clear about how I voted in the poll.

I try to stay up just to watch the ball drop at Times Square but I usually fall asleep in front of the TV by 10pm.

:p :p :p :D :D :D

rhodesian46
12-27-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't care about staying up. I don't drink So I go to bed at 9:30 am Party : Pooper!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Ricksma
12-28-2008, 04:39 AM
Yeah, Marianne, we are the same way at our house. We don't drink, either, and with our advancing age (cough, cough) we are lucky to be awake at 9:00. We just wake to a new year without the fanfare.

Love and hugs, Teresa and Ricky

Denise
12-28-2008, 05:31 AM
My son and family and usually my mom and sister and DH usually come over, we play games and eat and TRY to wait till midnight. The kids think midnight is special but some years we don't make it and neither do they!

Fishslayer
01-10-2009, 03:51 PM
I was actually born New Year's Eve and a friend born the same day used to call it "Amateur's Night"!

Happy Birthday!:D

Yup. I used to drink and didn't often go out New Years. We call it the same thing.

This year we went up to a local campground where a few of my online fishin' buddies were at. We ate lobster that was caught that day & Hoppin' John, drank coffee & swapped dog & fishin' stories till about 1:00 AM. Then went home to a warm bed.:D

Last time we went anywhere was Y2K when we went to Barona for a big party they had.

Rick

k9diabetes
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Nice way to celebrate! Though I'd have probably brought the lobster home to the warm house and then cooked it! I'm a big wimp!!

Natalie

k9diabetes
01-10-2009, 10:09 PM
We actually spent the last half hour of 2008 sitting on the floor with Jack, who was in his crate, because he was scared spitless of the fireworks going on outside. It's always the dog that dictates what we do!