PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Baby's teeth

lab lover
04-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Is there a easy way too clean their:) teeth - I have tried so many different brushes, finger suction grips and nothing really works well - so I wonder if anyone has any tricks out there I need to get to Baby's molar's they are getting a lot of plaque and she can't go under and have them cleaned right now. Also, does it matter with the flavor of the toothpaste can we still use flavored ones if they have diabetes. thanks, ida

Margaret Boyle
04-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Ida
I use a small baby brush the one they use for babies and I use a chicken flavoured toothpaste. Have done this since she was a pup. :D:D

LOl PS

SorryI also use a denta chew made by Pedigree she has one in the morning
my vet is quite happy with this. :)

lab lover
04-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks I'll try the baby brush and see if I can get too the molars with the little brush.

peggy0
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi Ida, just don't use people toothpaste. Its bad for them. Petsmart etc sell pet toothpaste typically chicken flavored

k9diabetes
04-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I used to actually scale Chris' teeth with an inexpensive dental tool. He was really good about letting me do this. Especially if there's a lot of old hardened plaque, a brush might not do it. You do, of course, have to be careful while chipping it off but it worked great for Chris.

Chris would let me scrape plaque off with a scaler but brush... phhhhh.... no way. He absolutely refused to let me brush his teeth. Weird what he would and would not tolerate.

littleberry
04-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Is there a easy way too clean their:) teeth - I have tried so many different brushes, finger suction grips and nothing really works well - so I wonder if anyone has any tricks out there I need to get to Baby's molar's they are getting a lot of plaque ...

Some people use a dampened piece of gauze or cheesecloth tightly wrapped around a finger with or without paste on it.