Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Since it's so quiet, how about an update? (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6003)

k9diabetes 11-09-2014 05:43 PM

Since it's so quiet, how about an update?

It's so quiet around here... how about an update on you and your pup(s)? No diabetic dog required to post - we like to hear about you too!

k9diabetes 11-09-2014 05:47 PM

Re: Since it's so quiet, how about an update?

We spent a little while today at a Celebration of Life for Sophia Yin, Jack's behaviorist, who died at the end of September... really sad...

I spent about ten minutes or so with her Jack Russell, Jonesy, and he climbed up on my lap and let me pet him and talk to him. He looks sad and I'm sure he must miss Sophia terribly. I hadn't interacted with Jonesy much when Sophia worked with our dog but he was at our house a couple of times and he was as much of a "celebrity" as Sophia was.

Between that and a dog who got lost last Tuesday as a result of an accident and who died on the train tracks nearby, I admit I'm feeling kind of gloomy at the moment. But also very grateful for all that I have and for our boy Jack's health and happiness.

Natalie

jesse girl 11-09-2014 06:06 PM

yes natalie that is the key being grateful. its one of the big ones understanding the meaning of life. it has a way of taking a negative and turning into a positive . its nice to see your friends legacy still present in the form of a dog . i am sure a reflection of who she was and still is . sounds like a great person

well for jesse not allot of rabbits lately probably the dry weather but grateful for the opportunity

been working in some pinto beans into jesses diet so far so good but just a couple weeks and as we all know that is just a spec if that in time for diabetics

Cara Sandler 11-09-2014 07:08 PM

Spirit's been acting like her usual spunky self. She's enjoying agility immensely and really excels at it. I mean, REALLY excels at it!!!!! As in, her trainer said that she can start taking the intermediate agility class, that most dogs move into after 5-6 months of training (we would set the jump bars on the floor so she doesn't hurt herself). She's been training for 4 weeks. She absolutely loves it and is motivated to do it all the time. She prefers doing agility to playing with the other dogs in class. During playtime, she totally blows off the other dogs and takes off to do the agility equipment herself :-) It's adorable watching her.

And I've entered an agility trial with one of the other dogs that goes to Spirit's school (his mom is too nervous to compete with him). I'm super excited but also really nervous. The dog is definitely ready to compete but I feel like I'm not. But he's a very easy going dog and just loves agility, so hopefully it will be a good experience for both of us. I figured I have nothing to lose. I did get very ambitious when I entered the trial, and entered every single division that he's eligible for, so we'll be doing 6 events in 2 days. Paws crossed it will go well. The trial is December 6-7th.

Charlie's mom 11-09-2014 07:22 PM

We're back in the frozen tundra for three more weeks! On a personal note I'm happy to report my unhappy knee is better, as long as my hubby carries Charlie up and down the stairs!

As Thanksgivig approaches I'm really feeling extra grateful this year; we're both healthy, our family is all well, Charlie just continues to truck along:D

A wee bit of snow this morning:(, going to be cold all week.

Natalie, you wonder what a dog thinks when it's owner passes, they must be so confused. I hope your glooms don't last long, sometimes the circle of life has its down times. Remember ALL of the dogs you have helped, we grieve when they pass but the extra time we have with them is because of you and the rest of the forum.

Laura

Patty 11-09-2014 07:59 PM

Natalie, I'm sure he must miss Sophia terribly. Glad to hear Jack is doing well. Tell Jeff we said hello as well.

Jesse girl, hope the pinto beans balance out well and the rabbit population bounces back!

Cara, how fun that you doing agility with 2 dogs now!

I have stayed very busy and things are just now starting to slow down (a little...). Taking some much needed time away this next week then spending Thanksgiving with family. We've had some health issues on both sides of the family so it will be a good visit but not without it's own challenges/concerns. Feeling very blessed that I am able to spend the upcoming holidays with my husband. Thinking of many of our friends who are separated during this time of year.

And, remembering the logistical challenges having a diabetic dog and juggling holiday celebrations presents. I still Ooh and Ahh over the sweet golden rescue pups I see pictured. But now is not yet the time. I feel I will know when. ;)

Cara Sandler 11-09-2014 08:27 PM

Yes, it's really a lot of fun. The other dog that I'm working with is a sheltie too, so hopefully working with him will help "train" me better, so that when Spirit is ready to compete I'll already have a lot of experience. Except that he's the most mellow sheltie I've ever met, and he's really not that fast. Spirit, I believe, is going to be SMOKING fast!!!!! But since they're both herding dogs, lots of the same techniques will probably apply (for example, most herding dogs like to be behind their handler so they can "herd" them - it's pretty hard to send them out in front of you - so I need to practice running courses without staying behind my dog). But I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity to practice. A few of my other friends have offered to let me do run throughs (which is kind of like a dress rehearsal) with their dogs, so that will help as well. Should be interesting to see what happens!

momofdecker 11-09-2014 08:44 PM

Natalie,
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Jack's behaviorist. I hope you found some peace in the celebration of life ceremony.

Update here: Made it to November before having to turn the heat on :D

Old man Kinser had a good wellness exam last week. He's been on metacam daily for about a year now and we had to add tramadol a couple of months ago to give him some additional arthritis relief. All in all though - his blood work had a couple of slightly elevated values but nothing concerning at this point. He's 13.5 years old and it's only the third blood panel he's ever had. The first one with any abnormal values. Vet said for a dog his size and age, the blood work looks good. He's lost a lot of muscle mass in his rear legs and it shows in his mobility, but his spirit is still strong, his eyes are bright and he still has a good interest in life. His weight was down to 73 pounds. For years he he held steady around 83-85 pounds. It's steadily declined the last couple of years, but I try not to worry and tell myself that it's probably best given the weakness in his back end. He continues to believe he is king of the household and nobody has told him otherwise. :p

The pup, Toby, is doing great for the most part. He loves his humans. Maybe a bit too much as he is showing some definite protective instincts around strangers. He growled at the vet at his last visit a couple of months ago. Today he growled at a couple who stopped to pet him. Sometimes he's a bit hesitant around strangers who try to pet him, but today was the first time he growled. He walks with his tongue hanging out and is all wiggly up to the point where someone steps towards him (when I am behind him). I suspect he goes into a protective mode. When someone he doesn't know, especially if it's a man, steps towards him, he begins to bark, his hackles will raise, and today he growled. He'll stop when I tell him no and will sit when I tell him to. We've taken him to many social events and he is fine with people all around him, the reaction seems to be directly related to strangers stepping towards him (or maybe him thinking they are stepping towards me)? Open to training ideas anyone may have on how to curb the behavior. He's very food motivated so I think I'll start taking treats on walks to see if distraction alone will help.

Other than that - just enjoying what glimpses of the sun we have these days and looking forward to getting some vacation time over the Thanksgiving break.

amydunn19 11-09-2014 09:56 PM

We have been very busy ramping up for the holidays at our store. Christmas just comes earlier every year and we even had a holiday show during Halloween week. Who wants to buy Christmas outfits and sweaters when it is 80 degrees outside?

Maggie is doing good - seems to have recovered nicely from her surgery. Everyone has been doting on her and she gets non stop attention from all of our customers. She seems to be losing some of her hearing or maybe she is just being a stubborn JRT. She is into everything these days. The day we had the eye surgery, Dr. Miller was explaining the procedure so we had put Maggie down to walk around the exam room. She immediately walked over to his little wastebasket, dumped it over and started rummaging through his trash. He thought that was so funny and asked me if I was sure she was really 14. She just has days where she will get into anything within reach. She grabbed an empty Cheeto bag out of our work trash and got it stuck on her head. Then her face was orange with cheeto crumbs. Didn't affect her blood sugar at all. She scares me though with some of her antics. I dread the winter and cold weather. I hope she muddles through another winter without any major issues. I always feel like we will be lucky to get a few more months with her but I have been saying that for 7 years now, so who knows?

My brothers are both having heart issues - we have the worst genes for health issues. Our parents died at 55 and 65 years old so not great luck with longevity. Both of my brothers had heart attacks at 50 so I am wondering if I should be concerned as I am 47 now. Do women have the same risk as men?

I am glad the forum has been quiet for a while - maybe it means all is going well for everyone. I always hold my breath a little when I get on for fear that someone has lost one of their fur kids. It really hurts to hear that kind of pain from our little family here.

eyelostit 11-10-2014 01:57 AM

Just saying Hi to old and new members :). I hope everyone is doing ok

This is my dog Niki's story

http://www.k9diabetes.com/storynikid.html

Dolly and Angel Niki :)

Eddie 11-10-2014 03:12 AM

Eddie is still doing well, especially given all his ailments. I am toying with trying to move him to raw feeding (using a commercial "complete" raw food to get consistency). When we fed him raw years ago, his itchiness got much better. We had to change to kibble because of his EPI but now we could revert to raw because he has different enzymes.

Millie our little terrier caught a big rabbit yesterday. She's a proper terrier - loves digging and hunting - she often comes in with her mouth full of mud because she has been trying to eat her way right down a rabbit hole! I had to take the rabbit away from her as I was fairly sure that Eddie would eat the whole thing if he found it, and I wasn't sure what that would do to his blood sugar...

One of the others, Toby, showed us what different food can do to them. We'd been looking after a friend's dog which ate Bakers food (which doesn't have a great reputation here). Toby is old and fussy and really liked the Bakers so we changed him on to it thinking he might as well have food he really likes. He then started drinking like a fish and peeing all over the place. After we had paid a large vet bill for the happy news that his blood was completely normal in every respect, it dawned on us that it might be the food. We changed him back to his old food and the drinking and peeing have returned to normal - hurray!

And just so he doesn't feel left out, I have to mention Spangle as well, our lovely collie, who is obsessed with chasing squeaky balls and is otherwise nice and uncomplicated!
Antonia

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom 11-10-2014 07:02 AM

Soaphie is hanging in there. She had a much much much needed shower last week and it was actually quite sad. Her hind legs are so weak when just standing - taking a shower was quite a struggle. Thankfully they support her enough to walk around the block when her blood sugar allows - but standing is a different story (weird). She has a good sniffer to find us given she cannot see/hear. Last Monday was 5 months since we lost Sydney and it really really really affected me. It's so odd, human emotions, one day/week you are fine - the next day - BAM - it's like reliving it all over again.

We miss Syd and are SO very thankful that Soaphie is doing as well as she is...

T

farrwf 11-10-2014 07:52 AM

Nice to hear what people are up to. Sonny, the diabetic rescue pug, is doing fine. Has to visit his doc this week for his annual shots. He goes for his 6 month post surgery eye exam on the 25th. I've been astounded he's had absolutely no post op issues with his eyes, ... grateful too.

He was a scrawny 18.4 lbs. when he arrived here, ... could visually count his ribs, 23.6 lbs. now. Looks much better.

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom 11-10-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farrwf (Post 138335)
Nice to hear what people are up to. Sonny, the diabetic rescue pug, is doing fine. Has to visit his doc this week for his annual shots. He goes for his 6 month post surgery eye exam on the 25th. I've been astounded he's had absolutely no post op issues with his eyes, ... grateful too.

He was a scrawny 18.4 lbs. when he arrived here, ... could visually count his ribs, 23.6 lbs. now. Looks much better.

Can we see some pictures of Sonnyboy?

farrwf 11-10-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom (Post 138336)
Can we see some pictures of Sonnyboy?

Sure, ... took some Saturday and was wondering why they were so lousy. Turns out I had the macro setting on.

I'll get some tomorrow when he's in one his sun spots. Too late today, his sun spots are almost gone for the day.

Scootersmom 11-10-2014 04:42 PM

Greetings everyone. Just an update on Scooter. He just had his 3 1/2 year anniversary of his diagnosis on Nov. 2nd. He's doing very well although he's getting a little picky at meal time. I just add a little Romano cheese to his Blue Buffalo and he gobbles it up. Other than an occasional bout of diarrhea (for which there is no apparent cause) all is well. Thanks for being here. I visit the forum every day.

Autumn 11-10-2014 05:27 PM

Hi Everyone,
It's been a long time since I visited the forum. There have been too many things going on. Thankfully, all is well now. I wanted to touch base and see what was new with you and your fur babies and then saw this thread.

Autumn is doing great. She turned 10 in June. She has small cataracts for some time now but they have not grown. She's picky eating at times. She has trained me well for that extra something in her meal...so we work it out. Other than the lyme a few years ago, just minor issues, thankfully. She still has a puppy spurt now and then. :)

Patty 11-10-2014 08:27 PM

I want to say so many things to the updates here, but am falling asleep at my computer tonight. Anna, it's so good to see you here again. I think of you and Audy often. :)
Patty

jas77450 11-10-2014 10:39 PM

Amydunn, yes women are at risk too so be careful.
This isn't about my pup but I fursat my sons 10 month old Great Dane after being spayed. She is such a sweet girl but after having a yorkie it was like having a horse in the house. With that huge cone everything downstairs got rearranged.:p

JoJo's mom 11-11-2014 05:16 AM

Hi all

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that JoJo is doing well. He seems to be pretty stable right now.

Every once in a while he will run an isolated high or low:eek: I swear he just wants to make sure that I am paying attention. He is completely blind now but is handling it very well and is happy and active.

Jenny I had to laugh at the visual of a huge great dane walking around with a giant cone on his head.:)

Mary

Autumn 11-11-2014 08:56 AM

Thanks Patty! :) I think of you often also.
I've been back to read. I feel like I know many people from reading their posts over time, even if we have not talked.

I will always be so grateful to K9 Diabetes Forum for the teaching and support.

Hi Natalie :)

Wish you all on the forum the best and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Abby's Mom 11-11-2014 10:33 AM

It is nice to see an update from everyone.

Patty, this is for you and Tim.... Thank you for your service to our county. If not for people like you, I am not sure where we all would be. Happy Veterns day to all of those out there that have served!

We have been very busy since the Spring. Ron retired (or semi retired) the beginning of the year, and I went to four days a week. We have been enjoying the freedom, taking some long weekends, and going away more often (not that we didn't before :))

I fill my 'diabetic' time with more sewing projects. Earlier this past year, I had a neighbor/friend that suggested I help her with her sewing project. It was a wonderful way for me to fill up my time that was so taken with Abby. Since that 'project', I have made many items, such as professional bags, quilts, aprons.. etc. I have also taken up knitting and crocheting... and if this keeps up, I will need to open up a booth at the local craft store. :)

I always feel like I am visiting family when I come onto this site. It is great to catch up on everyone, even though I may not post that often.

Barb

Maggie'sdad 11-11-2014 11:10 AM

Oops seems I have posted on the wrong page.

Maggie'sdad 11-11-2014 11:14 AM

Having a little trouble learning the in's and out's of this forum. Sorry for the double posts. Can't seem to get my post to the end of this thread. Oh well. :)

Jim

Maggie'sdad 11-11-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9diabetes (Post 138319)
It's so quiet around here... how about an update on you and your pup(s)? No diabetic dog required to post - we like to hear about you too!

Hi all!!

I have been struggling to get Maggie's blood sugar stable again. Had nearly all the weight she had lost (bout 20#) back on using 17 units of 70/30 when she suddenly started losing weight again, so I put her back on chicken and upped her insulin to 25 units, which perked her up considerably, then after a bit I started adding a good quality dog food back in to her diet. Seems like she is doing better. I hoped this process would be a bit more simple that it has turned out to be.

Jim

diggydog 11-11-2014 04:40 PM

It's been such a long time since I have been around. Soooo much has been happening with my brood I don't even know where to start.

Alfie has huge hind leg problems. X-rays invonclusive but for the most part he is holding his own. All 3 mini schnauzer girls have had illness & injury but r all doing well just now.

I have had 3 surgeries in the last 3 months. Skin grafts & tendon repair on my leg. Recovery is slow going & despite not working just now I am finding generally just being awake & doing anything hard going hence why it's been so long since I have popped it. Surgeon is debating amputation below the knee if things don't improve. Scary to be dealing with that at just 32 years old but trying very hard to let it go and stop being so emotional about it.

Always say it but I will try to pop in more often.

Allison, Alfie & the schnauzer girls x

Judi 11-11-2014 09:46 PM

Allison. I am sending every positive thought and prayer I can for you and your health. I'm glad your pack and especially the wee dude are hanging in.

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom 11-12-2014 07:10 AM

Wow Allison! Sorry to hear of your health and sending all sorts of positive vibes your way! Glad to hear the pups are hanging in there!

heinzle 11-12-2014 08:54 AM

I like this thread! Kind of puts things in perspective for me. Sammie's doing really well - she just loves cold weather as much as I hate it. I'm glad to say that anybody looking at her would never guess she has diabetes AND Addison's disease nor would they guess she's a 9 year old dog. She looks and feels spunky and I'm so grateful for that.

I, unfortunately, just lot my Mom in September to a year and a half long battle with lung cancer. We also just had her Celebration of Life last weekend in Colorado Springs and it was amazing. I'm trying really hard to get out of this gloomy space as well and have been digging in deep trying to finally get my Real Estate License. I'm really hoping to feel prepared enough to take the exam and pass before Thanksgiving. That's the goal!

Everybody take care of yourselves and give your loved ones (fur babies and those 2 legged ones) a big hug.

Hugs from me and Sammie!

6K9S 11-12-2014 12:00 PM

Update on Bowzer: Since his diagnosis in June of this year we have had a few problems (thankfully only a few). One visit to the ER because of a UTI and sugar dropped low. And yet another UTI two weeks ago and his sugar went up (high 300's - low 400's). Other than that I am quite pleased with his BG readings which I have cut down dramatically to two a day versus the 6 a day I was doing in the beginning. He has remained at 21 units twice a day for a while now. I can tell from his behavior whether I need to take a reading other than the morning and evening. Luckily he still enjoys playing (he is getting up there in age at 12), so not that often, but when I take the other dogs outside, he usually shows an interest in a little game of catch. I really dont know how I would have managed without the support of the members in the group in the beginning. So, for that I am grateful. Thanks

stylynjm 11-12-2014 01:38 PM

Hi everyone,
Sissy and i have been really busy,with foster pups,family weddings and house sitting.i am down to my 2 pups.fritz, a 14 yr old bichon that i adopted, and my sissy.she has had 2 hospital stays several months ago,but right now,is doing pretty well.she has trouble with pain and limping in her front legs.i give her tramadol for it.she is eating well and interestes in all that is going on,however,lol,she does get impatient with some of my daughters dogs!!!
We are looking forward to thanksgiving,( my favorite holiday). Also,i rescued sissy that week 11 years ago.how lucky did i get :)
Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and thoughts are with all of you,and pups,here or passed.

Carol & Milo 11-12-2014 03:07 PM

Milo update....

Last month (Oct. 17th) was Milo's 2 year Sugar Anniversary. He is doing OK for the most part, but is on antibiotics now for a UTI. I have noticed in the last few months that he is starting to lose his vision :( He saw the vet last week for his UTI, and she said he can probably see shadows in his right eye and the left eye is not too bad. It has been coming on really slow, so maybe it won't be too hard for him.

Our puppy Munchkin (now 1.5 yrs old) has an attitude...so does Milo :(
For the first time in 30 years of having dogs I have to keep them seperate in the house. Snoodles the miniature schnauzer gets along with both dogs.
I was upset at first, but we have a system now and it works really well.
They can both be in the back yard together with no problems, its just in the house where they have their "territory" issues.

Today is 3 years since my sweet Heidi went to the Bridge. She was a toy fox terrier/chihuahua mix who lived for 15 years. She was queen of the house and I still miss her.
I remember one time when Milo was going to the kitchen to get a drink and little 5 pound Heidi was standing in the doorway. He was afraid to walk past her LOL She stood there giving him the evil eye. I think she enjoyed tormenting the bigger boy dogs. Milo had his attitude back then, but he never messed with her :)

ceruleanblue 11-12-2014 05:04 PM

I've been doing okay. I was sick a couple weeks back, but now I only have a cough. It's slowly getting better, but otherwise, I'm good.

My mom had a complication in recovering from her surgery. It was not really serious, but it will make her recovery longer. She is also trying to quit smoking, and has not had a cigarette in over two weeks!

Dexter and Harrison (the new rats) have settled in well. They got neutered last month, and have healed nicely. They are doing great.

Spencer, my oldest rat, passed away yesterday. He had what we thought was a cyst on his face. It finally got big enough that the vet was afraid it would rupture on me, so we scheduled it to be drained and cleaned. She called me during the procedure to let me know that it wasn't a cyst, and they were having trouble stopping the bleeding. It was a necrotic tumor that had been eroding his sinus cavity. She wanted me to come up, as she was going to recommend we euthanize him, but he went on his own while we were on the phone. He was a special boy, and everyone loved him. I miss him a lot.

Dakota is doing good. A little bit of seasonal allergies going on right now. I'm thinking about changing him to a grain free food as well to see if maybe that will help some.

I'll update about Piper on her thread, since I did a curve today...

Cara Sandler 11-12-2014 06:20 PM

Oh, Mandy, I'm sorry to hear about Spencer. I know he was a very special rat. Sparky Love is probably having a great time chasing him at the Rainbow Bridge. Those terriers!!!!!!

jas77450 11-12-2014 06:51 PM

Mandy, I too am sorry for your losing Spencer. Hugs and prayers to you.

farrwf 11-13-2014 09:04 AM

Hey Allison, sorry to hear of your and Alfie's health problems. You're in my thoughts and prayers, ... Alfie too.

Bill, Otis (from heaven), and Sonny

Abby's Mom 11-13-2014 11:26 AM

Allison, hopefully everything works out ok with your leg. Many prayers across the pond for you and Alfie, and your crew.

Mandy, I am sorry about Spencer... they just do not live long enough.

Barb

SandyL 11-16-2014 10:14 PM

Hi everyone!
Well it's been forever since we check in and I see the forum is going strong and helping all those new little sugar babies out there!! And that's a great thing!!

Little Miss Tiggy just had another birthday last month... 11yrs;) and is approaching the beginning of her 4th year with this wonderful condition we've all been dealt :rolleyes:

She's basically been on cruise control for the last year with small little hiccups now and then but nothing serious.... Ie she hasn't been climbing on the counters, tables or digging thru trash looking for chocolate ( the veterans on her know what I'm talking about lol)

In September things started to change a little. Somehow she broke two metatarsals in her front foot... Absolutely no idea how, one minute she's fine an hour or so later she won't bear weight:confused: she was in a splint and or a wrap for 10 weeks!! New pic of that in her album....During that time she developed Hemoragic Gastroenteritis.... Vet said it was probably due to her stress with the foot. Ok we finally cleared. THAT hurdle... Appetite came back and BS back to normal.... Not for long :(. Two weeks later her first official diagnosis of the dreaded pancreatitis!! We caught it really early because of the previous problem..... Everything happens for a reason I guess They let us treat her at home with sub q fluids and meds.... Another fun week but that little Diva was a real trooper with an 18 guage needle stuck in her back daily :eek:

She's now her healthy little food driven self, letting us know exactly when it's 6 o clock on the dot and that we're not moving fast enough for her;). BS are back to her normal ranges!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, and even though we're not around much, my thoughts are always with all of you and always will be

Hugs , Sandy and Tiggy

k9diabetes 11-17-2014 05:16 PM

I need to remember to start these updates more often! It's so much fun to catch up with members who don't post often. :)

Sandy, we wound up having to change vets because the one we were using in Elk Grove left private practice and went to the Sacramento County shelter - her heart has long been in rescue.

We are using a new vet off of Greenhaven, near the ER vet... I like the vet a lot, she was recommended by the previous vet as someone who emphasizes gentlel handling.

BUT the practice, a VCA, I don't care for much at all unfortunately (and VCAs are so much more expensive!). Debating whether to try someplace new or suffer through the management / frontdesk problems, such as they refuse to fax prescriptions to Drs. Foster and Smith.

Natalie

SandyL 11-17-2014 06:33 PM

Hey Natalie!

Sorry to hear about your vet. I know how much you liked her and most importantly how you trusted her.... Tough to find these days!!!

We're using the SMALL VCA on EG Blvd.... Same one where she had her surgery last year.... Only 3 Vets who are fantastic, one in particular!!!! Trust her 100% and she respects our knowledge of tigs diabetes and doesn't try to overpower. Very caring and gentle with Tiggy! The great thing there is that you have the small town feel, usually see the SAME vet each visit and where the entire staff knows tig and us.... They should, we've spent enough time there in the last few months lol. Tig only had to go to the big one on Bradshaw once and that was for one night of hospitalization the first day of the gastroenteritis

So agree, I hate the corporation too but these Vets actually try to circumvent the system a little to try to save their clients a little $$$. Bradshaw wouldn't hear of us doing the sub q fluids.... Wanted us to bring her in to be hydrated :mad: the other ones were more than will to give us a bag, needles and send our happy a$$'s home lol.