Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sissy became an Angel December 29, 2016 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5557)

stylynjm 10-11-2012 07:55 PM

Re: Sissy's Mom

Yes Craig.just about eight,mine seems to have slightly higher alphatrak numbers compared to urs,but in line:):) yes Cebe.I have been using both and getting comparison,the prime during middle times( cost of strips factor) and alphatrak when Important and of course for curves.:)

CraigM 10-11-2012 08:04 PM

Just tested, fed and injected Annie. I used both meters for fun:).

Prime 64, AlphaTrak2 94

The problem I have with the Prime , and ReliOn Confirm before the Prime, is not to panic when I see 60s on the meter!:eek:

stylynjm 10-11-2012 08:13 PM

Lol,wow,no with the prime I wouldn't worry about 70. When I did both I got prime 70 alphatrak 134!!! I just talked to my vet,happened to ask about timing of shot,she said it couldn't matter!!! Just checked Sissy,alphatrak,a little over 1 hr from insulin and she was 500!!!!! Is her timing changing??? Probably should ha w given 6 1/2. See what she is later.

stylynjm 10-11-2012 08:32 PM

I know vets can't know everything,and for the most part,they r not on the ground with this,day to day!!:)

Cebe 10-11-2012 08:40 PM

I disagree with your vet on the delay. Itty bitty changes can matter.

Stay consistent and try no delay and see what happens. :)

stylynjm 10-11-2012 09:13 PM

Yes,I realize after knowing u all, little changes do matter.I get so frustrated with myself sometimes,that I can't just make eveything perfect for Sissy. I will keep working at it!!! I wish I knew how she feels:confused:

Cebe 10-12-2012 04:55 AM

I used to beat myself up for not being perfect (in life overall and with regard to Zoe). I know that there are ideas of perfection in regulation but remember every dog is different and you and your dog will travel a different path than others. What you may wish to do is not compare yourself to others but try to tune into what's happening with your dog and learn the process of this disease so that you can create a routine that works for you and Sissy.

So cut yourself some slack. It took me months to feel more comfortable with what I'm doing with Zoe and I recommend taking a deep breath and give yourself a break.

You're doing great and it seems to me that a few more tweaks and you will hit a good stride. :D

stylynjm 10-12-2012 07:04 AM

Thank u so much all of u for encouragement.!!! This definitely teaches u patience.:)I know we r way ahead of where we were. I have learned so much. I will keep pushing forward.I am very determined!!!. Lol,sorry for the frustration melt down:):):);)

CraigM 10-12-2012 08:40 AM

Totally agree with Cebe! I'm nearly 5 years down this path and still see the occasional 400, or are forced to give a dab of honey.:confused: Seems whenever I think I've got things under control, something unplanned happens.

This is somewhat like being a TV weatherman. We may have an idea what to expect, but mother nature can make our plans completely wrong!:)

Rubytuesday 10-12-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cebe (Post 89276)
I used to beat myself up for not being perfect (in life overall and with regard to Zoe). I know that there are ideas of perfection in regulation but remember every dog is different and you and your dog will travel a different path than others. What you may wish to do is not compare yourself to others but try to tune into what's happening with your dog and learn the process of this disease so that you can create a routine that works for you and Sissy.

Wise words!