Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sissy became an Angel December 29, 2016 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5557)

stylynjm 12-17-2016 06:21 PM

Re: Sissy's Mom

Lol,thanks Natalie,
This 10 days has been a real challenge!!!! I think we're doing ok...;) shes eating, pooping and numbers aren't to bad...100- 200s!!!

stylynjm 12-30-2016 01:11 PM

It is with unimaginable pain that my precious Sissy became an angel yesterday held tight in my arms. I can't think...

Auddog 12-30-2016 01:43 PM

Oh Jackie,
I'm in absolute shock, over this news. I'm so sorry it was time to help Sissy pass on. Sissy knows how much you love her, and I'm sure she was comforted to be in your arms when you helped her leave this world. You gave her an amazing life, and she'll always be in the hearts of you and those who came to know her.
I hope the fun and happy memories of Sissy can comfort you during this sad time. I'm sure she and Fritz are romping around and having a grand old time at the rainbow bridge. Sending cyber hugs your way and a kiss skyward for Sissy and Fritz,
Audrey

MikeMurphy 12-30-2016 01:49 PM

So sad to hear this Jackie. You did your best and Sissy knows that. Run free Sissy girl.

jesse girl 12-30-2016 02:09 PM

Oh jackie what you did for sissy was beyond what most people can do . You always kept searching for an alternative way to get sissy stable and you did with sissy giving that smiley face saying good job mom

It did appear from the beginning there was something else was going on with your girl to create the instability

glad she had you and you having her its is a symbiotic relationship based in love

Judi 12-30-2016 02:43 PM

I was not expecting to read this news. Like everyone else I have been in awe of how much you did for pretty Sissy. She had a wonderful life with you. So many of the "gang" from when we first joined this forum have passed on.

Please know that I am thinking of you. Big kisses to Sissy in heaven.

xoxo Judi

MomofGus 12-30-2016 03:13 PM

Oh my....this breaks my heart. Hugs to you.

k9diabetes 12-30-2016 03:20 PM

Re: Sissy became an Angel December 29, 2016

Oh no, Jackie... I'm so very sorry. Given all the love and dedication and worry you have devoted to your sweet girl over the years and all of the struggles you two went through, I know you're devastated by her loss.

You were a steadfast and devoted mom... Making Sissy a very lucky girl to have you.

Sending Sissy a kiss skyward and you a hug and my deepest condolences.

Natalie

farrwf 12-30-2016 04:09 PM

Oh no, so sorry to hear this, Jackie. You threw yourself 110% into her care and well being, which I'm sure she knows. You two shared a great life together.

I can only imagine how painful this is for you.You have my deepest condolences and prayers, and Godspeed to sweet little Sissy.

amydunn19 12-30-2016 04:51 PM

Oh, Jackie, I am so sad - I know the grief is just so unbearable right now. You dedicated yourself to her care and your life revolved around her schedule. It is so tough - I will be thinking about you in the days ahead.

Fly free sweet Sissy! No more pancreatitis or food struggles - only the best treats and no pain or shots.

maggiegirl 12-30-2016 10:00 PM

So very sorry for your great loss! I know how you feel first hand. Tears just hearing about your baby. I know you did everything you could for sissy and she knew that as well. I know they know how much we love them because they give so much love back to us. My prayers will be with you so hang in there because you know that's what she would want you to do. It does get less painful in time. Bless you.

momofdecker 12-31-2016 06:41 AM

Jackie,
I'm so very sorry to learn that Sissy has crossed the bridge. You were an amazing advocate for her and she was lucky to have you there with her as she left this world. My heart goes out to you as I know there are no words that will ease the pain you feel. Sending a virtual hug your way and hopes that in time fond memories of Sissy will give you reason to smile again.
Holli

Riliey and Mo 12-31-2016 07:13 AM

hey Jackie

sorry to hear of Sissy,s passing. she didn't lose the fight life just ended early for her.

it takes a lot of dedication and patients to take care of a diabetic dog. you did that sooooo well.

of course it takes a specially strong dog to survive and you two were awesome. 4 years. wow!

you Rock Sissy, run free

mo

Linda1 12-31-2016 10:00 AM

Jackie, I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Sissy.

Patty 12-31-2016 07:16 PM

Oh Jackie, I'm so very sorry to read this. :( Your love for Sissy was so apparent in all that you did for her. My deepest sympathy.
Lifting you up,
Patty

stylynjm 12-31-2016 07:41 PM

Thank all of you so much.you're very sweet. This has been the hardest couple of days,the tears don't stop. Every move I make Sissy is there..
I am going to make her a shadow box when I get all her things together..I have tried to print all of your comments to put in her box,but can't do it?? Is there a way someone can email them to me,then i can print them..
This forum has been the most wonderful source of info and friendship.I am forever grateful

momofdecker 01-01-2017 08:31 AM

Jackie I tried to copy and paste and emailed you. Let me know if it didn't work.

Holli

Brownies Mom 01-01-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stylynjm (Post 158716)
It is with unimaginable pain that my precious Sissy became an angel yesterday held tight in my arms. I can't think...

So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Sissy's loved ones.

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom 01-01-2017 05:21 PM

Oh dear! I wasn't expecting to pop onto the site and see this! I am so very, truly, utterly sorry for your loss! You two made such a great team!!!!!

You did well by her - and then some.

Hugs to you and a kiss skyward to our Sissy!!!!!

Monsters Momma 01-02-2017 05:17 AM

Jackie, I'm so sorry to read about Sissy! 😔 I am absolutely sure she felt your love and devotion every day of her life. Be kind to yourself, a loss like this will take some time to deal with. 💔
I'll keep you in my prayers,
Mel and Vinny

Abby's Mom 01-03-2017 09:23 AM

Jackie,

I logged back in today, and was shocked to see your post on Sissy. I am so sorry...no words can describe the pain you are feeling right now. Your dedication and love for Sissy always shined through your posts.

They say that time heals, it does to a certain extent..I think more appropriately, is that we move on, but the pain and loss is still there.

She will always be a part of you, and will never be forgotten.

Hugs,
Barb

Eddie 01-03-2017 10:22 AM

Jackie I was very sorry to see the news on Sissy. I am sure she knew she was well loved right to the end.
Antonia

bgdavis 01-05-2017 10:46 AM

Jackie,

I just returned from Europe and found out about Sissy's passing. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is.

Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Fua2015 01-07-2017 02:14 PM

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about Sissy. She was a beautiful girl. I can fully comprehend what it is like for you, as I lost my boy, Fua, to diabetes, on 21 December, he was my special dog, and I have been crying since.

No one can prepare you for a loss, it comes like a sudden wind. However, take comfort in knowing that Sissy is now resting and happy, she is in complete peace, and having fun over the Rainbow Bridge with all our dogs who have gone. My deepest condolences to you and your family.