Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

momofdecker 07-10-2013 10:46 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
In knowing he's prone to vomiting, a small snack may work. But I'd go with something more carby - to hold him over if his bg is a bit low.

Monsters Momma 07-10-2013 04:35 PM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
Well I ended up going home and testing Vinny...168. Pretty good for vomiting! :p He really didn't want anything this afternoon, but he ate tonight and seems to be fine.

Thanks so much for your input!
Mel

CraigM 07-10-2013 04:54 PM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 109999)
Well I ended up going home and testing Vinny...168. Pretty good for vomiting! :p He really didn't want anything this afternoon, but he ate tonight and seems to be fine.

Thanks so much for your input!
Mel

:D Now if you could only have him vomit everyday around noon!:D

Craig

momofdecker 07-11-2013 03:40 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
Glad Vinny is ok and feeling better.

Your comment about him being a chicken dressed in dogs clothes cracks me right up. He's a handsome boy!

Monsters Momma 07-11-2013 06:55 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by momofdecker (Post 110019)
Glad Vinny is ok and feeling better.

Your comment about him being a chicken dressed in dogs clothes cracks me right up. He's a handsome boy!

I keep threatening to buy him a chicken costume for Halloween, but haven't found one big enough! I think that would be hilarious! :D

Monsters Momma 07-12-2013 05:49 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
I decided to do a curve today so the two tests I've done so far have been...
6 am 199 (before food and insulin)
8 am 190
I'm a little surprised they aren't farther apart. I'm interested in seeing what he is at 10.

Eddie 07-12-2013 06:40 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
Flat is good! I would have expected to see a bit of a food rise but then what do I know... Interesting to see how he goes for the rest of the day.

Antonia

Monsters Momma 07-12-2013 07:10 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 110102)
I decided to do a curve today so the two tests I've done so far have been...
6 am 199 (before food and insulin)
8 am 190
I'm a little surprised they aren't farther apart. I'm interested in seeing what he is at 10.

.
At 10 am 199 AT2 and 107 Prime (There was enough blood for both and my daughter helped! ;) )

So, high 100's? Is that ok?

Judi 07-12-2013 07:40 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
that is pretty perfect to me.

Jenny never used to "curve" much either. Flat is good

and congrats on the testing! you multiple meter people! :)

SandyL 07-12-2013 07:40 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 110107)
.
At 10 am 199 AT2 and 107 Prime (There was enough blood for both and my daughter helped! ;) )

So, high 100's? Is that ok?

High 100's is fine... Especially with a nice flat curve like that. And who knows, he may still go lower for you today

Sandy


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009, 2010 k9diabetes.com. All rights reserved.