Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

Charlie's mom 05-26-2014 01:28 PM

Re: My Monster Vinny

Happy Birthday Vinny, Charlie says to come over for leftover cake ....if only the could!

MikeMurphy 05-26-2014 03:53 PM

Happy Birthday to the Monster! :)

Judi 05-26-2014 04:54 PM

Happy Birthday Vinny, you much loved boy!

pacots 05-26-2014 05:48 PM

Happy Birthday, Vinny.

Monsters Momma 05-27-2014 03:47 AM

Thanks all for the birthday wishes!! Vinny had an enjoyable day being outside with all if us while we worked in the yard. Napped in the afternoon, several pokes and proddings by Momma, and a lovely dinner of a combination of easily digested food! ;) ( He's still on a diet.) No birthday candles for my chicken in a dog suit! :D

All in all it was a good day! Thanks again!
Mel

amydunn19 05-27-2014 06:10 PM

Happy Belated Birthday, Vinny! I am glad to hear he is doing better.

k9diabetes 05-28-2014 01:01 AM

:) Happy happy birthday to you Vinny Monster Man! Wishing you many many more. :)

Natalie

Monsters Momma 06-01-2014 11:47 AM

Thought I'd update from our visit with the IMS on Friday. They did an ultrasound and found that the wall of Vinny's small intestine measures 6+ instead of 4.5 that it should. She believed that this indicated that Vinny has Chronic Intestinal Disease. (I think she may have said something slightly different but that is what I have in my notes.) Considering all that could have been wrong with Vinny, I'm thankful that it is something that can be treated! :)

She put Vinny on a month of Metronidazole and said that it should help reduce the inflammation. We'll keep him on the Iams Intestinal Plus and see how he does when he comes off the antibiotic. She said once we have this under control, Vinny's diabetes might be easier to control and he might need less insulin. He's on 18 units right now and has had a couple of low numbers that makes me question the 18. Problem is, he jumps in the first two hours by 150+ points! So we've been keeping a watchful eye on his bg numbers. Thank God for home testing! :)

So that's all I have for an update. Vinny is one dog that loves going to the vet, so he charmed everybody there...visitor's and staff alike! ;)
Mel and the Charmer, Vinny

jesse girl 06-01-2014 12:45 PM

that vinney does seem to be a charmer .

glad you got an answer mel and it can be treated . probably most of the dogs that do struggle have something else going on one way or another which can have a big affect on the numbers

Bobby 06-01-2014 12:46 PM

Thats great news! I'm glad he is going to be ok sometimes just finding out what is wrong can help at least now you can concentrate on healing
I wish my dog was good at the vets I'm just thankful they have shiny floors so I can drag Bob in