Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

ceruleanblue 06-23-2014 03:30 PM

Re: My Monster Vinny

Yay! Happy Sugarversary!

Linda1 06-23-2014 05:17 PM

Congrats on your first anniversary!!

runtotorun121 06-23-2014 05:29 PM

And MANY MORE!!! :)

Charlie's mom 06-23-2014 08:32 PM

Congratulations on your 1 year!

sherryandfred 06-25-2014 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 131887)
Wow!! Vinny's First Sugarversary was Saturday!! A year ago I would have never guessed that Vinny would let me poke and prod him like he does! I would have never told you that I would grow so close to "John's dog" that he comes to me before John most days! And I definitely wouldn't have told you this diabetes thing would make my dog more outgoing and such a charmer! ;)

There is always good with the bad. Sometimes we just have to look for it!:)

Happy Sugarversary My Monster!!

yaa Happy Sugarversary to Vinny!!!! many more to come.

Abby's Mom 06-25-2014 06:55 AM

Wow.... one year!
Happy Sugaranniversary, to that wonderful Monster of yours.

Barb

Monsters Momma 09-29-2014 06:10 AM

Wow! I didn't realize I had not updated since the beginning of summer. Summer was crazy, and even being back at school/work hasn't seemed to slow things down! I try to get here and read updates once a week, but rarely have much more time than that! :o Life is good.

Vinny did pretty well on the Metronidazole and then getting back on his regular food...until recently when his numbers starting going all wacky again. He started losing weight and got down to 80.5, so we started feeding him a little of Bogey's food, watching his numbers of course. Finally it was back to the IMS last week for a re-check. She still believes this indicates that Vinny has Chronic Intestinal Disease. So, she put him back on the Metronidazole indefinitely. She likes the combination of food we're giving him (he's up to 82 lbs.) and we're to do a curve in a couple of weeks to check to see where we are.

She did mention an endoscopy down the road as an option...

Of course, Vinny was his charming self! :rolleyes:
Mel and the Charmer, Vinny

Oh, and we're getting ready for our first trip since Vinny was diagnosed. We have a vet tech that will be staying at the house taking care of all our pets. We've never done it this way, but with Vinny, we feel safest this way. I am really nervous though! :eek: Give your pups a scratch from us!

jesse girl 09-29-2014 06:23 AM

sounds like a little bump and back on track

sounds like the medication and food combination makes a difference

the vet tech idea sounds like a wonderful plan . have a nice trip .its nice to have a break and have something to look forward to

nice update

amydunn19 09-29-2014 08:10 PM

Good to hear from that handsome, charming devil, Vinny! Hope everything gets back on track soon.

Judi 09-30-2014 05:17 AM

glad you found a vet tech to stay! and that you are getting answers! :)