Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

ceruleanblue 05-13-2014 10:40 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny

I hope it's something easily fixed, and Vinny feels better soon!

Patty 05-13-2014 12:06 PM

Can they do a test for pancreatitis too while you're there? Hope he feels better soon!

k9diabetes 05-13-2014 04:11 PM

Hope Vinny is okay and is feeling better!

Natalie

Monsters Momma 05-13-2014 04:21 PM

Thanks All!
I took Vinny to the vet and after taking a good look at him that included poking and prodding...she didn't feel that X-rays were needed. Vinny certainly doesn't act like he's feeling bad, he only really acts hungry! :p He's not in pain, has no hard spots that she could feel and is not running a temp. He's just vomiting a lot. So, he got a shot of anti-nausea medicine, also sent me home with some. Put him on some easily digested canned food for a couple of days and some Pepcid too. Right now he's eaten a couple of tablespoons of food and every time someone moves he thinks it's time for more! :rolleyes: Poor guy, he has to be starving, he hasn't kept anything down since Sunday!

So that's the update. Treating the symptoms for now, hoping that's all we need to do. Crossing fingers and paws and saying a prayer to the Man upstairs!
Mel

amydunn19 05-13-2014 05:47 PM

Poor Vinny! Maggie always did well with cerenia. I always try to keep it on hand just in case. I hope it is just one of those things that passes. Maybe he ate something gross in the yard - my schnauzer always finds something like that, it seems.

Auddog 05-13-2014 07:10 PM

So sorry to hear Vinny isn't feeling very well. I hope treating the symptoms will do the trick and he'll be able to start keeping more food down.
Sending cyber hugs and healing vibes your way,

Audrey & Bazzle

Grayson 05-13-2014 07:40 PM

Aww...poor Vinny! Hope it's just a touch of a stomach bug that he will rebound from with a bit of tender loving care. At least he's not acting sickly and still has an appetite. Does he like to eat grass? Grayson does that with abandon when he has a tummy ache, then he does the 'army crawl' to rub his belly on the lawn until he finally gets sick. Once he does, that seems to settle things for him. It's been a while since he's done that - not at all since the diagnosis and food change thankfully. I'd hate to have to worry about the insulin levels at his unregulated stage. Someone once told me that grass eating was a 'Lab' thing, and that it's not always a sign of stomach upset. I try to discourage him from nibbling on it these days as I don't want to deal with anything more than we are...

Feel better soon Vinny...and take it easy on mom's nerves!

Monsters Momma 05-15-2014 06:03 AM

Vinny has been doing so much better! :) This morning I finally gave him his full meal with a full dose of insulin. I guess I finally felt he was going to keep it all down! :o

Curiously, his bg has been pretty stable throughout the last couple of days. I really thought it would skyrocket, but the highest I've seen it (only spot checking) has been at 286. I can live with that.

Tonight we start transitioning him back to regular food. Bogey has been refusing to eat his without a bit of the canned food Vinny is getting. :rolleyes: Cannot give one something the other doesn't want!

farrwf 05-15-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 129724)
Bogey has been refusing to eat his without a bit of the canned food Vinny is getting. :rolleyes: Cannot give one something the other doesn't want!

Kids!!! ... Gotta love the little tykes!

jesse girl 05-15-2014 06:20 AM

glad to hear some good news .