Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

Eddie 07-23-2015 03:45 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny

I hope the vet can sort it out for you and that Vinny is soon feeling better
Antonia

Monsters Momma 07-24-2015 07:19 AM

I have to brag about Vinny for a minute. My poor boy has to endure me putting three different eye drops in his eyes, nine times a day. :eek: Not to mention my usual poking and prodding that goes along with this diabetes thing. :( He has not given me an ounce of trouble, he has not balked or ran. It's obvious he doesn't feel well, but he has been nothing but cooperative. I am so proud of him!

jesse girl 07-24-2015 07:44 AM

me and jesse are proud of him and he is our hero

Cara Sandler 07-24-2015 07:52 AM

Aw, Vinny, what an awesome guy you are!

Jamie_DeBree 07-25-2015 10:58 AM

I hope Vinny's feeling better with the drops - that is a *lot*, poor thing (and poor you, too)!

Judi 07-25-2015 11:14 AM

Vinny is a love bug and you are awesome. 9 times a day? well done!

Monsters Momma 07-28-2015 06:26 AM

Took Vinny in for a check up on his eye. It is slowly getting better, however she said that his third eyelid may stay pulled up like it is...time will tell. She did take him off one of his eye drops and cut one to once a day so now we're down to just 4 times a day I have to put eye drops in his eyes. He was so good for the vet...they even checked his eye pressure and he just let them. :) Proud Momma here!

Funny story, when she told me about Vinny eyelid, she compared it to Bell's Palsy and asked if I was familiar with it. I just started laughing...my husband had a bad case of shingles on his chest, neck and face this past April-May and it caused Bell's Palsy. :D So now Vinny has something similar.:rolleyes: (Just recently, John was diagnosed with pre-diabetes...my husband and dog seem to be sharing diseases!)

jesse girl 07-28-2015 06:50 AM

that is weird i guess they are very close maybe to close

jesses third eyelid remained pronounced after what we believe was horners but just a small amount and maybe will go away or maybe not

gald vinny is so cooperative hes a good boy

Monsters Momma 10-01-2015 06:38 AM

Vinny could use some prayers. :( He hasn't been moving around very well lately and the vet and John and I thought he was showing signs of arthritis. We had him at the vet last Friday. Tuesday, he decided he didn't really want to eat. :eek: You all know Vinny, he has to be really sick not to eat. We called the vet, added Tramadol and some canned food to entice him and it worked. Then last night he wanted nothing to do with food and John found a large lump under his chest. With the obvious pain he was in, not eating and the lump, we decided to go to the ER. They found another harder lump in his belly. :( They did bloodwork (his white cells were up a bit), needle biopsy's of both lumps and put him on several meds (pain and antibiotic) in the meantime while we wait. We may not hear anything until Monday.

That's the Reader's Digest version for now.

farrwf 10-01-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 149255)
  • Vinny could use some prayers. :(
  • Then last night he wanted nothing to do with food and
  • John found a large lump under his chest.
  • ER. They found another harder lump in his belly. :( They did bloodwork (his white cells were up a bit), needle biopsy's of both lumps and put him on several meds (pain and antibiotic) in the meantime while we wait.
  • We may not hear anything until Monday.

Hopimg and praying Vinny gets some good news on the biopsy.