Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

Monsters Momma 10-03-2015 05:33 PM

Re: My Monster Vinny

Sorry it's taken me till now to update. Vinny is still with us! It's been a stressful few days. Vinny picked the worst time to get sick, one of my best friends died last Sunday so on top of dealing with Vinny we were also dealing with her funeral and helping out her family.

We do know that Vinnys biopsy's came back no cancer. Our vet called the lab personally and asked that they hurry the results. So she called with that news tonight. We do not know why he has a large lump in his groin that is hard as a rock. It's gotten bigger and there's bruising around it. The swelling in his legs has gone down with diuretics in the last 24 hours, but he's still in a lot of pain and we still don't know what is causing the pain. We've got more questions than answers but he does seem to be moving in the right direction.

He on so many pills. His bg has gone through the roof but he has let us do what we need to and what the vet needs to. He's been a star and everyone loves him!

We've been up all night last night so I'm fading fast. I'll let you know if things change. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers!!
Mel and Vinny

Cara Sandler 10-03-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 149324)
Sorry it's taken me till now to update. Vinny is still with us! It's been a stressful few days. Vinny picked the worst time to get sick, one of my best friends died last Sunday so on top of dealing with Vinny we were also dealing with her funeral and helping out her family.

We do know that Vinnys biopsy's came back no cancer. Our vet called the lab personally and asked that they hurry the results. So she called with that news tonight. We do not know why he has a large lump in his groin that is hard as a rock. It's gotten bigger and there's bruising around it. The swelling in his legs has gone down with diuretics in the last 24 hours, but he's still in a lot of pain and we still don't know what is causing the pain. We've got more questions than answers but he does seem to be moving in the right direction.

He on so many pills. His bg has gone through the roof but he has let us do what we need to and what the vet needs to. He's been a star and everyone loves him!

We've been up all night last night so I'm fading fast. I'll let you know if things change. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers!!
Mel and Vinny

Thank goodness! I've been really worried. Glad to hear that it's not cancer - and hope he starts feeling better soon! Pain is not fun :-(

amydunn19 10-03-2015 08:05 PM

I am so relieved. I was afraid to look and see the update. Our forum family is pretty tight and Vinney is such a fun guy and kind of a hot mess so I feel like I know him from all of his adventures. Hoping things continue to improve and he feels better soon.

Monsters Momma 10-04-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amydunn19 (Post 149326)
I am so relieved. I was afraid to look and see the update. Our forum family is pretty tight and Vinney is such a fun guy and kind of a hot mess so I feel like I know him from all of his adventures. Hoping things continue to improve and he feels better soon.

Kind of a hot mess! How accurate that is! ;)

ceruleanblue 10-04-2015 04:03 AM

I'm so glad it came back no cancer! I hope you can get it figured out, and he gets back to normal soon!

Judi 10-04-2015 06:00 AM

I'm sorry for your loss Mel. Hope the vet can figure out what is going on with Vinny. Thank goodness it wasn't cancer. hang in there. Judi

farrwf 10-04-2015 07:06 AM

Whew, ... I was fearful of reading your message too. Real happy Vinny's still here and fighting, and we're not dealing with cancer.

Sure hope your vet can figure out what the problem is, ... or refer you to someone who can.

Eddie 10-04-2015 09:43 AM

I was relieved to see your update - but I hope that the vet can sort things out and get Vinny feeling better soon.
Antonia

k9diabetes 10-04-2015 04:16 PM

Did they say what was in the needle biopsy? They should have some idea of the kinds of cells or fatty tissue or whatever it was they found there?

There may be a written report if they had it reviewed by someone.

Could it be some kind of abscess or infection?

Natalie

Monsters Momma 10-07-2015 01:50 PM

Vinny is living up to Amy's 'hot mess' assessment. Every day it seems he throws another ailment at us.

Sunday we noticed he had some open wounds on his groin around his penis. Same area that has been swollen and bruised. So Monday we talked to our vet again, we were told that the one biopsy came back fat cells and the other was a bacteria infection. The advice was an u/s with a needle biopsy of the lump.

I asked for an appt in the meantime for them to look at these open sores he had so I took him in. To say that his sores looked gross is an understatement. The vet thinks that Vinny's skin stretched too much with the swelling and it split open. :eek: She thought long as we were on antibiotics and we were keeping it clean we should leave it alone for now and get him a cone of shame to keep him from messing with it.

Today he had his u/s and good news bad news...the dr could not find a lump so no biopsy. They are leaning towards it being an abscess and with all the meds Vinny is on, it's gotten better. Sores looks better too, but vet thought laser treatments might help it to heal faster. Ok, bad news is we don't know what caused the problems we initially had which was pain and sweeping in the abdomen. Vet said we may never know. As long as he stays better, I can live with that...however.

About an hour ago, he got excited about someone at the door and jumped up on his hind feet. They didn't hold him and splayed out. Now he can't seem to walk across our wood floor without his legs splaying out. I ha e him some pain pills and I thought I'd see how he does. Our vet is closed for the day and I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. :( I would welcome anyone's thoughts.

Trying to work and all the vet appt's, not to mention Gabbi is on fall break and has had her own appt's scheduled every day. I really need a drink.