Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spirit Crossed the Bridge Today..... June 9, 2016 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6869)

Patty 01-05-2012 11:42 AM

Re: Spirit-Newfoundland

Love hearing the updates! Safe travels as you move on! :)

jim maceri 01-14-2012 10:34 AM

Hello friends....
Getting ready to get back on the road to a new destination early Monday. I have reduced spirits insulin during the day to 11 or 11.5 units instead of 12 since the warm weather does affect him and make his BG levels lower. Still getting readings between 100-200 most of the time but for last few days the adjustment has kept him from falling under 100.

He is meeting lots of dogs and has taken a fancy to a pug in the campground. On his walks he seems to always end up at her site... They are quite a couple, odd couple that is. All is well and we are heading to Orlando on Monday to stay at fort wilderness. Then we will settle in for 3 weeks in st Augustine. Travel agrees with spirit and he is having very steady numbers, I'm so grateful for all your support in the last months. I miss not being able to participate more but I know the new folks are in capable loving hands. Talk to you soon.

Jim MJ & spirit

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom 01-14-2012 11:40 AM

Hurray for Spirit!!!!

Perhaps you can get a picture of Spirit and his new lady friend? ;)

Cebe 01-14-2012 12:01 PM

Sounds great, Jim!!

MaryLea 01-14-2012 01:46 PM

Great news! Thanks for the update. Glad he still notices the girls. :D

Mary

Shellie 01-14-2012 10:04 PM

Yay for Spirit! Glad he's doing so well! And it's not as odd as you think...one of Hank's absolute FAVORITE dogs is a girl Newfoundland. He's about a fifth her size and weight and he just ADORES her. Googoo eyes and everything! I just sigh and roll my eyes. :rolleyes: I'll admit, I'm charmed by her as well... she's an amazingly beautiful girl but a tad large! LOL But Hank loves her. LOL So at least Spirit has good taste...Pugs are cool babies! :)

Soaphie & Sydney's Mom 01-15-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellie (Post 65762)
Yay for Spirit! Glad he's doing so well! And it's not as odd as you think...one of Hank's absolute FAVORITE dogs is a girl Newfoundland. He's about a fifth her size and weight and he just ADORES her. Googoo eyes and everything! I just sigh and roll my eyes. :rolleyes: I'll admit, I'm charmed by her as well... she's an amazingly beautiful girl but a tad large! LOL But Hank loves her. LOL So at least Spirit has good taste...Pugs are cool babies! :)

I envision Hank and his famous "hubba hubba" statement....lol

Shellie 01-15-2012 11:31 PM

Oh yah...the whole 'hubba hubba' goo goo eyes manly strut. It's so much testosterone you'd think he wasn't neutered anymore! LOL

jim maceri 01-23-2012 12:30 PM

Hello friends,

We made it to St. Augustine where we will be camping for a month and I finally have wifi... Yea! Spirit is doing well and loves being at the beach with cool evenings. Family visits are done so this is now our time to chill and relax. I'll be checking in daily to read everyone's posts and hopefully continue to give back to this wonderful site. I've come to realize that if it wasn't for all of you neither myself or my baby would be doing well. Spirit is basically down to 11 units and holding steady between 100-200 on his BG. Yesterday he dipped to 71 before dinner, my bad, we took lots of walks probably too many but he was one happy dog. Gave him a biscuit with some karo and it quickly brought him up over 100. I was a little nervous giving him his usual dose after dinner but I delayed the shot by 20 minutes and all was well. Bless you all we thank God every morning for bringing us to this. Community.

Jim-MJ-spirit bear:)

Patty 01-23-2012 05:22 PM

Enjoy the chill/relax time! You'll have to take some pics of him romping on the beach while you're there ;).