Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

Monsters Momma 10-23-2013 10:24 AM

Re: My Monster Vinny

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherryandfred (Post 117855)
oh no i am so sorry it didnt work out for you guys...i hope you can find a good home for him as well..i hope mine doesnt do the same thing..

Sherry...Vinny just gets so worked up! Otis and Bogey play all the time and Vinny doesn't know whether to jump in and play or be Dad! Maybe he feels like the third wheel! I don't know, but I don't think yours will be that way! After all, there's only Fred and your little new one! :)
Mel

Monsters Momma 10-23-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby's Mom (Post 117859)
Mel,

Just catching up on some threads. Sorry that the pup is not working out, he looks like such a cutie. Hopefully you find a good home for him soon.

Barb

Thanks Barb! He is a cutie and we really do love him, but Vinny's bg numbers are all over the place and I can't get him to relax when the pup is constantly wanting to play! :o We end up separating the dogs and that's not good.

Good new is, he's being crate trained and potty trained while we have him so his new family will have a head start! :)

sherryandfred 10-23-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 117860)
Sherry...Vinny just gets so worked up! Otis and Bogey play all the time and Vinny doesn't know whether to jump in and play or be Dad! Maybe he feels like the third wheel! I don't know, but I don't think yours will be that way! After all, there's only Fred and your little new one! :)
Mel

thanks mel i hope that's the case but Fred is blind so thats my concern but as you i guess we will never know till we try right?

Monsters Momma 10-28-2013 07:06 AM

I can't believe it, but we have apparently found the perfect home for little Otis! We live in an old historic neighborhood and I posted about Otis last week on their FB page. I had three people interested within hours!

The first one that said she wanted to meet the pup came over on Friday with her pup. I felt like we were interviewing her, but I wasn't going to give him to anyone! ;) She has sent me several texts over the weekend, complete with pictures! :) Her dog and Otis are about the same size and really love each other.

The best news is that Vinny's bg yesterday was more back to normal. I'm going to continue with 20 units for a few days and then decide if I need to take him up. He really scared me when Otis was around and he kept dropping so low!

harleychik66 10-28-2013 07:31 AM

Sounds like good news all the way around.:D

sherryandfred 10-28-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 118205)
I can't believe it, but we have apparently found the perfect home for little Otis! We live in an old historic neighborhood and I posted about Otis last week on their FB page. I had three people interested within hours!

The first one that said she wanted to meet the pup came over on Friday with her pup. I felt like we were interviewing her, but I wasn't going to give him to anyone! ;) She has sent me several texts over the weekend, complete with pictures! :) Her dog and Otis are about the same size and really love each other.

The best news is that Vinny's bg yesterday was more back to normal. I'm going to continue with 20 units for a few days and then decide if I need to take him up. He really scared me when Otis was around and he kept dropping so low!

congrats on the new home for otis..glad vinny is back to him self..:)

Eddie 10-28-2013 12:18 PM

That sounds like it might be for the best all round. Maybe you'll be able to keep in touch if Otis goes to the new people so you know how he gets along.
Antonia

maladuca 10-30-2013 07:06 AM

Glad you found a caring home for Otis! Thank YOU for taking the time to find him one. Sadly many would not. Glad Vinny can relax now. :)

Monsters Momma 10-30-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie (Post 118220)
That sounds like it might be for the best all round. Maybe you'll be able to keep in touch if Otis goes to the new people so you know how he gets along.
Antonia

Alli has texted (I'm not even sure that's a word ;)) with pictures since Otis has been there. The last text was yesterday when she let us know that she was going to be keeping the name Otis. :) That made Gabbi very happy!

Alli has even mentioned having Gabbi walk the dogs occasionally, if she can't get home!

We do have a close-knit neighborhood! :)

Monsters Momma 11-06-2013 02:22 PM

So I think it's time to give some pasta a chance. Vinny's number's are a bit whacky...his number after fasting all day was 108 when it should have been up around 250 or more. We had so much company last weekend, we just didn't want to change anything, but tonight, is spaghetti night! ;) I can do a curve over the weekend to see how we're doing then.

On the Otis front...I keep getting pictures and video's! :D I don't think we could have found a better home!! God certainly had his hand in this! :) Oh and she kept the name Otis!! Gabbi is thrilled!
Mel