Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Annie & Craig - Getting too smart! (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637)

CraigM 09-20-2013 08:41 AM

Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Barb - Yes, Annie usually gets excited with "company", but this morning was only 173, so not bad at all.

Here is a copy of a post I made for my son this morning letting him know what is going on:

Breakfast went OK, everyone ate their own food (with appropriate supplements). I had a GREAT night sleep, Mom not so much! I went to bed around 11ish and CLOSED THE DOOR. Mom took pity on the pups and tried to sleep on the sofa to keep them company. Her second mistake was that she didn't crate Cooper! She said she couldn't fall asleep because Cooper walked around the livingroom all night and she feared he would want to join her on the sofa (fearing a large dog jumping onto your stomach / face will do that to you). Then came sun rise and Cooper figured it was play time and time for everyone outside the CLOSED BEDROOM to get up! Poor Mom & Annie, I think they will try to nap during the day to be ready for Cooper this evening. Me? I'll be closing the bedroom door and getting a great night's sleep!

Abby's Mom 09-20-2013 09:04 AM

Craig....you can have day shift, and Mom can have night shift....
This was too funny!!:)

Patty 09-20-2013 01:56 PM

Hahahahaha! Sounds like a smart Dad! :D

CraigM 09-21-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 115381)
Barb - Yes, Annie usually gets excited with "company", but this morning was only 173, so not bad at all.

Here is a copy of a post I made for my son this morning letting him know what is going on:

Breakfast went OK, everyone ate their own food (with appropriate supplements). I had a GREAT night sleep, Mom not so much! I went to bed around 11ish and CLOSED THE DOOR. Mom took pity on the pups and tried to sleep on the sofa to keep them company. Her second mistake was that she didn't crate Cooper! She said she couldn't fall asleep because Cooper walked around the livingroom all night and she feared he would want to join her on the sofa (fearing a large dog jumping onto your stomach / face will do that to you). Then came sun rise and Cooper figured it was play time and time for everyone outside the CLOSED BEDROOM to get up! Poor Mom & Annie, I think they will try to nap during the day to be ready for Cooper this evening. Me? I'll be closing the bedroom door and getting a great night's sleep!

The saga continues. Here is this mornings email I sent my son:

"Last night might have been a little better for Mom. I put Cooper in his crate at 11:30 and headed to bed with Annie & Sierra. Yes, I put them both on the bed. This was a minor problem for me because Sierra seems to have a share-the-bed problem. She plopped down next to my leg, and then rolled over nearly on top of my legs! If I shifted, she repositioned within a second to be pressing HARD against my legs. Annie, the little angel, just stayed on the other side of the bed - no problem with Annie.

I thought Cooper did OK in his crate, only heard "crying" noises from the livingroom a few times. Then again, If I could hear his noises at the other end of the house, with two fans and my CPAP machine on, He was a little loud. Mom just reported, with a groggy voice, that she again failed to sleep because of Cooper's crying / noises. I'm thinking the only thing to try tonight is to have Cooper join Mom on the sofa! (What, you thought I'd suggest he join me on the bed??? NO WAY!)

Everyone, except Mom, got up just before 7:00 and had their breakfast. Soon after eating, Cooper wanted to show Mom what he had for breakfast and went face-to-face with her. Should have heard Mom scream when she smelled the puppy breath and opened her eyes and saw sweet Cooper 3 inches from her face!

I'm afraid not much more sleep for Mom. Cooper is bouncing around the livingroom, trying to bounce a hard nylon bone (note: they don't bounce, but makes a racket on wood floors). He has also walked to within about 3 feet of Annie (retired to her puppy bed after breakfast) and is barking at her - something like "get up, I wanna play". He doesn't understand how to use his "inside voice"?

GOOD TIMES!"

Link to Cooper's photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/98qsuf6syt...MG_0706_2.jpeg

stylynjm 09-21-2013 10:50 AM

lol, omgosh Craig, what a cute face!!!! and the tongue hanging out.... to funny. Sorry for the lack of sleep.... Are the pups or grandkids better, lol. gotta love it.:D

Eddie 09-21-2013 02:28 PM

I think the dogs are trying to tell you something...if only you'd let them all three go on the bed, they'd be fine! You'd both have to sleep somewhere else obviously but the dogs wouldn't mind that so long as they were comfy.....
Did Cooper order the wrong size tongue?? He looks very sweet!
Antonia

Patty 09-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Then again, If I could hear his noises at the other end of the house, with two fans and my CPAP machine on, He was a little loud.
Oh my word. That a riot! How's Annie's bg doing with all the fun?

amydunn19 09-21-2013 07:59 PM

Poor Annie - having to put up with those house guests! That boxer is super cute, though.

CraigM 09-21-2013 10:04 PM

Annie is again the queen of the house, Cooper & Sierra have gone home;)

Her BGs basically stayed in a good range, even with crazy Cooper causing havoc. I haven't the heart to tell Annie that we've agreed to pup sit again next Thusday-Saturday! Our son will try salmon fishing again next week, no luck these past two days :(

I think we will be going to bed early tonight!

Monsters Momma 09-22-2013 04:56 AM

Oh Craig, it sounds like you are having way to much fun seeing how upset everyone else can get with these two new ones around!! ;)

Did you ever test Cooper? :)