Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Annie & Craig - Getting too smart! (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637)

CraigM 09-22-2013 07:41 AM

Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 115475)
Did you ever test Cooper? :)

No:(. He never stopped moving, and I'm sure if I had pricked his lip that tongue would have gotten to the blood droplet much quicker than the meter would have!

I might give it a try next week (better not tell my son though!)

Judi 09-22-2013 08:08 AM

what a weekend! Cooper is a cutie. Hope next weekend goes better for all of you

CraigM 09-22-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judi (Post 115484)
what a weekend! Cooper is a cutie. Hope next weekend goes better for all of you

It's 8:30 and Linda is still sleeping, making up for the past two sleepless nights;) Even Annie went back to her puppy bed soon after I gave her meal / injection this morning. Guess I'll let my "girls" sleep a bit longer.

Even with all the commotion the guests gave us, it was fun having a young pup in the house (even Linda smiled a few times:))

Riliey and Mo 09-22-2013 09:28 AM

Lol Craig thanks, I laughed so couldnt type. Am jealous. Can, t wait for Cooper, s next saga lol. Maybe they, ll bring a roll out couch next time.

Abby's Mom 09-30-2013 12:01 PM

What a wild weekend you all had. I bet when Annie sees Cooper, she may not be so pleased.

Have you told Linda yet that you will be pet sitting?

Barb

k9diabetes 09-30-2013 01:36 PM

Aw, poor mom! I hope your son will do something really nice for her!

I was supposed to house-sit a houseful of black labradors once. Spent the first night there on the couch and they took turns keeping me awake wanting me to hold their paws and jostling for access to my hand! I bailed and spent the next two nights sleeping at home and instead went over and fed their and played with them early in the morning!

Cooper sounds too cute.

Natalie

CraigM 09-30-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9diabetes (Post 116025)
Aw, poor mom! I hope your son will do something really nice for her!

Our son caught two salmon, so he gave us a good sized portion. Mom is happy with the payment in salmon.:)

We, Linda & I, agree we would NEVER get a Boxer pup at our age. They are soooo cute, but way to active!

Craig

CraigM 10-03-2013 08:40 PM

Rainy season has started in the Pacific Northwest so Annie wanted to change her avatar.

Made a discovery - again. I usually give Annie a small treat after her meals as desert. I figure these two thumb nail sized baked salmon treats as a part of her meal. I ran out of these treats on Sunday, and the boutique pet store was out of them:eek:. I picked up another type of salmon treat as a replacement because the ingredient list looked good.

Her BGs had been running 100 - 250, then came Monday evening: 333.
Tuesday AM 285
Tuesday PM 355. Stopped giving the new treat Tuesday evening

Wednesday AM 203
Wednesday PM 172
Thursday AM 132. I was curious, so gave the new treat after breakfast
Thursday PM 372. Will be giving these new treats to my son's pups!

Pretty sure this little difference in her meal is adding 100+ points to her BG! I even weighed the last two of the old style treat = .1 oz, and one new treat was also .1 oz. Consistency is important!. Switched to green beans after dinner.

Craig

Riliey and Mo 10-03-2013 11:23 PM

Lol Craig, give those salmon treats to Cooper, bet he can go fishing get his own lol, love this dog

Patty 10-04-2013 12:40 PM

I should be immune to the difference a small change can make that looks like a good substitute, but I continue to be amazed at the bg differences they produce..