Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Annie & Craig - Getting too smart! (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637)

momofdecker 08-11-2013 03:41 PM

Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Congrats to you and Annie! And thanks for all you do to help so many on this forum!

jebsmom 08-11-2013 03:57 PM

Huge congratulations to you, Craig and Annie. What a milestone! And you've taught us all what FUN it is to test. :D

CraigM 08-17-2013 03:03 PM

Annie just got home from the groomer. I was wondering how her BG was because when we picked her up she was acting like a puppy, pulling on the leash, wanting to run wild, just acting like a 12 year old goofball! She was 102 at breakfast and I thought about reducing her insulin by 1/4 unit incase she got overly excited, but I went with the normal dose. 15 minutes after she got home, and finally calmed down, she tested 187. Guess the excitement didn't affect her, or maybe they gave her treats? Forgot to ask.

In the three minutes, since starting this post, she has fallen asleep on my feet! Guess the excitement did get to her, even if the BG stayed good. :-)

Craig

CraigM 09-19-2013 07:56 PM

Weekend company

Annie has started a rough weekend:D. We are pup sitting our son's Lab (Sierra) and 9 month old Boxer (Cooper). Sierra is a well behaved lady, Cooper is....a Boxer! Annie puts up with them as long as they stay off her spot on the sofa and generally ignores them as long as they maintain her 5 foot rule. Of course Cooper being a big goofball of a Boxer is trying to play with Annie;)

My son has warned us to keep all food and anything that could be confused as food under lock & key. It is going to be an interesting weekend.

Both Sierra & Cooper seemed to be interested in Annie's BG testing and injection. I'm considering trying to test Cooper on his big flappy lips just for fun.

Craig

Emily 09-20-2013 03:33 AM

LOL.....sounds like Annie is in for an interesting weekend! Cooper may be in for a couple surprises too! I'm willing to bet that by the end of the weekend he'll know exactly what that BG meter is for...hahaha! Have fun:D

Eddie 09-20-2013 05:05 AM

We used to look after an old lady springer spaniel and I think she operated the same 5 foot rule with our dogs! I am sure Annie will keep them in order.

And yes, I think you should test those big flappy lips - all in the interests of scientific research of course! Annie would probably approve too!

Monsters Momma 09-20-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily (Post 115359)
LOL.....sounds like Annie is in for an interesting weekend! Cooper may be in for a couple surprises too! I'm willing to bet that by the end of the weekend he'll know exactly what that BG meter is for...hahaha! Have fun:D

I wouldn't take that bet Emily!!

Have fun Craig, it does sound like an interesting weekend for all! ;)

Patty 09-20-2013 05:29 AM

Oh boy, you are in for some fun!

Carol & Milo 09-20-2013 05:48 AM

Re: Weekend company

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 115344)
Both Sierra & Cooper seemed to be interested in Annie's BG testing and injection. I'm considering trying to test Cooper on his big flappy lips just for fun.

haha Well, if Cooper is interested in Annie's testing then you should show him what he is missing :D

I test our non-diabetic mini schnauzer whenever I open a new box of test strips. He makes a good "control solution" and is easier to test than Milo :)

Carol & Milo

Abby's Mom 09-20-2013 08:22 AM

Craig,

Doesn't Annie have some high BG when those pups are around.. I can see more testing for Annie, and for the Boxer.... well I suppose testing will calm him down.

You are in for some fun!!

Barb