Dog starting to regulate on his own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog starting to regulate on his own?

so our 10 year old lab has been on 25 units of novilin n for about 3 months now. He eats purina vet prescribed dual fiber. He has been very consistent with being around 350-400 at shot/meal time and down to 200s in between. Now all of a sudden he is at 120 when checked 2 hours before his pm shot and stayed at 180 an hour after his meal? I'm afraid to give him his shot and lower his level too much. Is it possible he is finally starting to regulate on his own?

Re: Dog starting to regulate on his own?

its hard to say . my jesse started running lower on 2 units of insulin yesterday .very unusual she needed a few extra treats . fireworks has started so she gets very uptight over that which may have dropped her suggar

many things can cause sugar to go lower like excitement or exercise .

it is possible for a dog to take a bit longer to settle in on a new dose if thats what you are seeing but keep an eye on things to go from a higher level to a lower level so quickly can be concerning and sugar might even go lower

its ok to lower a dose if needed i had to work backwards as far as dosing

you need to see how it goes for the next few days
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
    X