Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4998)

Riliey and Mo 08-18-2013 11:20 PM

Re: My Monster Vinny

Hey Mel

Can u get another curve in before you vacation? Changing food and Vinnie, s insulin at the same time needs monitoring dont you think?
Might help to determine increase or decrease to enjoy your holiday

Mo

Monsters Momma 08-19-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riliey and Mo (Post 112743)
Hey Mel

Can u get another curve in before you vacation? Changing food and Vinnie, s insulin at the same time needs monitoring dont you think?
Might help to determine increase or decrease to enjoy your holiday

Mo

You are so right. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...I shouldn't have changed both at the same time. I was just thinking that I was only adding a bit to his food so I wasn't really changing it. :rolleyes:

I can't do a full curve, but I can get close. I'll see what day provides the best opportunity since I work full time...I have some days where I can get away easy than others to run home. ;)

Thanks Mo.
Mel

Monsters Momma 08-21-2013 11:06 AM

So far, Vinny's (modified) curve isn't look so good...
327 6 am before food and insulin
329 8 am
358 12:30 pm

Pretty consistent, but I'm not liking the 300's! :(

I may only get one or two more in before dinner...we'll see.

Abby's Mom 08-21-2013 11:46 AM

Actually I like that curve!! When they are flat like that, the resolution is simple.... more insulin.

Hoping for a FLAT curve!! Hmm is there such a thing: flat/curve:confused:

Barb

Monsters Momma 08-22-2013 07:15 AM

Ok, Vinny's 'curve' was incredibly flat...
327 6 am before food and insulin
329 8 am
358 12:30 pm
366 5 pm
347 6:15 pm before food and insulin
...and this morning
315 6 am before food and insulin

I know I need to go up with the insulin, but I'm wondering if I need to wait until after we go camping tomorrow and Saturday. What do you think?
Mel

Abby's Mom 08-22-2013 07:39 AM

I love that curve....

But to be safe, and if it were me, I would keep him there if you are not home. If you are only going away for two days, up his dose when you get home, and don't worry, and enjoy your time.

Have a nice time!

Barb

Monsters Momma 08-23-2013 05:04 AM

Today is the day! We leave for camping later this afternoon! I'm nervous, but we won't be that far from home that we can't leave if we had to.

I even made a bandana for him that says 'please don't feed me'. Hopefully that will get the message across. :)

Wish us luck! ;)
Mel

sherryandfred 08-23-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsters Momma (Post 113139)
Today is the day! We leave for camping later this afternoon! I'm nervous, but we won't be that far from home that we can't leave if we had to.

I even made a bandana for him that says 'please don't feed me'. Hopefully that will get the message across. :)

Wish us luck! ;)
Mel

have fun!! we have to go away next month i am dreading it as well..:eek: but you need time away as well..you couldnt bring him camping with you? we took fred a couple of years ago and he was fine..it was a challenge packing his insulin and food but he was fine..maybe i missed why you couldn't bring him but thought i would ask anyways..either way he will be ok :)

Abby's Mom 08-23-2013 05:56 AM

Have a wonderful time. Remember you need the reprieve.. it is good to come back and refocus.

Barb

Monsters Momma 08-23-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherryandfred (Post 113141)
have fun!! we have to go away next month i am dreading it as well..:eek: but you need time away as well..you couldnt bring him camping with you? we took fred a couple of years ago and he was fine..it was a challenge packing his insulin and food but he was fine..maybe i missed why you couldn't bring him but thought i would ask anyways..either way he will be ok :)

Oh no, he's going! I don't know which would be worse... Leaving him or taking him!;). I'm just nervous because we haven't taken him out of his comfort zone and this is definitely out of his and mine!