View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 07:48 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING to keep things interesting!

I was happy this morning when Annie tested at 162, Guess the 400 yesterday evening was some sort of fluke. As I mentioned, yesterday morning injection didn't feel right; like I was injecting into a hard spot.

She has been eating pretty well recently, so I was irritated when she walked away from her bowl having eaten less than half. I got out the baby food and doctored her leftover and she ate maybe 3/4 the meal. I reduced the Novolin-N by one unit to compensate for the less than full meal.

I left her bowl down, figuring I'd give her an hour to go back and finish the meal. Sure enough, about 45 minutes later she was at the bowl, licking it clean! I tried to give the one unit of insulin I had withheld earlier. Boy is it hard to inject just one unit! I couldn't feel the syringe plunger move, but I guess it did.

BTW, when she tested 441 with the PetTest meter, I retested with the AlphaTrak meter a few minutes later and she tested 452. So it appears my PetTest and AlphaTrak meters read pretty much the same even at higher numbers. Previous comparisons were in the 100-200 range and I wondered if the two meters would continue to show similar readings in the higher range.

Craig