View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicago vet looking for home blood glucose testers

Its nice to see a vet taking a proactive methodology for the caretaker to have a big role in managing this disease

I think for vets is the difficult part of getting caretakers to take more responsibility for the management of this disease .there odds of a normal happy dogs life is greatly improved but there are some that just cant or wont and then you got the challenge of euthanasia . I think thats why some vets may deter from testing sugar at home because maybe thats what the owner may suggest if it becomes to difficult at least for some vets

I am glad she is upfront with her patients and let them know home testing is part of the equation

To bad jesse doesnt live in Chicago she is a piece of cake for testing and in a weird way she enjoys it

kudos to dr ruth
Jesse-26 lbs - 15.5 years old - 10 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number