View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:27 PM

Default Re: trouble regulating my SIssy

Seems every dog is different. Decker gets overlap (more than 12 hours of duration, spilling into his next injection time) from his morning to evening shot (runs about 14 hours). But evening to morning he gets 12 hours or sometimes less.

If you are willing to run a night time curve, starting before evening fasting through morning fasting, every two hours, it may give you a better picture of how Sissy process the insulin day time vs night time.

Have run a couple of 24 hour curves with Decker because his morning and evening fastings are about 100 points difference. Just set my cell phone alarm for every two hours, get up, test, record and thankfully am able to fall back asleep until the next alarm. Still find myself a bit tired the next day though - lol!
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!