• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Sweet Bagel in Heaven now..

So very sorry for your loss Sande.

Hugs xx

Allison
    Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

I'm so very very sorry for your loss and your pain. Bagel was one lucky dog - that's for sure...
      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Sande - I'm so sorry you finally lost Bagel - of course, you clearly made a great choice with the timing - preventing her from suffering unnecessarily. Like the others, I'm glad you had a good holiday, and got to celebrate Bagel's 13th birthay.

It's wonderful that the vet came to the house and you reminisced - just BEAUTIFUL! And that Bagel slipped away to take her flight, in your arms.

Keep that Bagel-sized hole in your heart open, because Bagel WILL come back and hover there, and talk to you, when you least expect it.

With my warmest condolences, love and hugs,
        Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:22:11 (PST)
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        CarolW

Comment

Sande,

I was sadden to log in to see that you lost Bagel. What dedication, but I know what heartache you must be feeling.

Godspeed... I know that Bagel is running free with no pain. You will meet again.

Hugs,
          Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Sande,
            I'm so sorry you lost your girl. I am glad she felt good for so long. It's hard to let them go, even when it's to prevent further suffering. Holding you tight as you grieve.
            Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

So very very sorry for your lost, what a special girl
              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Thanks, Guys...Your sweet words make me smile..I have peace in knowing it WAS the right time and I told her I would never let her suffer like our other beagle years ago...The Vet kept naming issues that Bagel had overcome in her lifetime! Even lasted 2 months with a cancer that was suppose to be a few weeks...So I do have peace in that area...
                But the VOID is so big and I have so much time on my hands.
                Time..and the thoughts and prayers of good people..
                Sande

Comment

Sande I'm so sorry to hear about bagel. Forbin went the same way. I'm so glad you got to enjoy her to the end. Run free bagel. Give Forbin a sloppy kiss from me
                  Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Oh Sande....I'm so sorry to read this news....you were so brave in letting her go as soon as she started to fail. Bagel had such a blessed life with you....I too will remember your stroller walks.
                    Please take good care of yourself at this time....
                    (((HUGS)))
                    Jo-Ann

Comment

Oh so sorry to read of your loss...hugs and prayers being sent

Comment

Sande-I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Bagel. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
                        Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Comment

Sande,
                          Wondering how you are doing. Would love to hear from you next time you stop by.
                          Patty
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

HI ALL,

Man this doesn't get easier, really...I still cry most days for my sweet girl...Been four weeks now...I hate coming home and not seeing her face in the window or hearing her howl when I pulled up in the parking space.

Several friends have lost their sweet old furbabies since then...We hug and run from each other mostly...

I don't want another dog..I want her...and I so loved caring for her when she developed her issues..

Some dear friends took the buggy- I insisted that they do that. They have two elderly pugs and they live about 30 miles away so I wouldn't have to see it... We have had a few warm days and it just tears me up when I think of our buggy years...

My cat is sleeping on the bed most nights which is a switch for her. She has adjusted I think- and having her here is better than not having an animal...but she is not a huggy cat so we just do the best we can...

I have lost people and many animals in my life...but this is just the worst grief ever...I know that the prayers of so many folks and the grace of God keep me going right now...A new season of my life is beginning and I am retiring from teaching in two weeks...

I will find outlets and things to help keep me busy...
                            Sorry to sound so YUK.....but I know you guys understand...
                            sande

Comment

You're right, Sande; we do understand. Each of us finds some different ways to manage our griefs - but they don't just go away. It takes time - lots of time - to heal from the worst of the griefs we feel when we lose a companion animal in whom we've invested so much care.

I believe the energy of those animals isn't lost, which is why I speak so freely of Kwali and Kumbi moving over here with Camellia and me to our new home, of them playing at Rainbow Bridge, welcoming new companions, especially from here, of them dropping things as needed from the Bridge to the humans caring for dogs here on the forum - and so forth.

They are just going on doing what they did naturally (or at least, thought about) when they were here on Earth with me.

Every animal who has been on this forum (lots of cats in Everything Else, for instance) is always a member here. It's a BIG, growing, increasing, family. And we keep learning from each other - animals and humans alike.

And the loving energies provide assistance to all who are here.

Bagel easily does her share, alongside and with you. So don't hesitate to tell stories of your life together.

Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:38:30 (PST)
                              http://www.coherentdog.org/
                              CarolW

Comment

Sending hugs your way, Sande.
                                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Working...
                                X