Animal Sanctuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Sanctuary

I got oan e mail from a lady who runs an Animal Sanctuary near Houston Texas. SHe is amazing She runs this her self 30 dogs I am pasting the link so ya'll can look at this Dr B at A& M gave her my info so that I could send her a meter which I did She has 2 diabetic dogs there all diagnosed with in a week T(2 minipins) Taz is at Tx at A & M with pancreatitis,blocked bile duct,possible cushings etc He has been there for a week now She is traveling 2 hours there and back to see him daily. He is a sick boy They won't operate on bile duct problem until he is better.He also has a swollen liver,gallbladder adrenal glands.
    I am hoping she registers here as I have given her the link, She will be getting a meter from me in a few days to home test the other mini pin.BTW Dr Bostrom ( Dr B) is treating Taz. Small world

www.PureMuttsAnimalSanctuary.com
    Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Re: Animal Sanctuary

That's great that Dr. B thought of you to help her with a meter!! You're gonna be Texas' canine diabetes ambassador!

By the way, there's someone on the Cush board who was looking for a good vet in Austin in case you have any ideas...

Natalie

Comment

Who? Send me a pm please.
      Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

Re: Austin vet question

It's the woman in Mexico... she will be in Austin:

The vet here has been testing the cortisol level in her blood through a lab. They just can't do the ACTH testing. They have of course tested her fully for all other bloodwork and diabetes. She was first tested with a result of 3.26ng/ml and the latest is at 1.47. I'm going up to Austin Texas in a couple of weeks to get her some better testing and see an ophthamologist. - Perhaps someone can recommend a vet there?
        http://www.caninecushings.net/forums...ead.php?t=8530

Comment

Nat,
          I posted on the Cushings forum that she should take the dog to Texas A& M Hopefully she does.

Comment

Working...
          X