Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

thanks barb

you have a nice way to look at it as being simple in its approach taking things down to its simplistic form which is what we look for .complicated is a bit difficult for me
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Belated congrats - somehow I missed the latest update. So glad to hear she is still doing so good - all due to your willingness to do whatever it took to figure this out.
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

thanks amy jesse makes it easy for me she is such a good girl
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Another year of good news for Jesse - Happy Belated! Looking forward to many more years of updates.
          Holli
          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

thanks holli jesse appreciates your well wishes

Comment

So happy Jesse has reached this amazing milestone!
              Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
              10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

oh yes gus it is amazing from where she started this journey

Comment

nice 7 years Jessie you Rock girl!

glad Jessie's had no more seizures

I too notice a reduction in insulin just a 1\2 unit

Riliey had lumps removed 5 years ago as they did get bigger. he has one on his chest just keeping an eye on it.

otherwise same food, same insulin. same eye drops for allergies the Bausch and laumb.

and his teeth removal 2015. breathings good

of course were dealing with abit of doggie Alzheimer's. he,s happy, loves the snow and were just starting to enjoy spring weather.

great update
                  Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                  20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

thanks mo you have a nice way at looking at the world as not being so complex

stick with what you believe and things will work out as they have for you and rilley its not that complicated

Comment

Just dropped by and want to say happy sugar anniversary!

Jake
                      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

thanks linda its nice to here from you . jesse appreciates your well wishes

hope all is well

Comment

just a quick update and i think craig would find this interesting . jesse went almost 4 months with her vial of insulin . she had such good regulation i did not want to change it but as with all things we were nearing the bottom of the vial

now i dont recommend anyone to do this as it doesnt follow the manufactures recommendations but it was nice to have a good run . the new vial did not start off as well but i expect jesse to settle into it

Comment

Jesse always manages to live well outside the "norm."
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
                              Jesse always manages to live well outside the "norm."
                              yes she does patty age has begun to creep up but thats ok she will always be my girl

Comment

update on jesse

it is her 13th birthday today .

we have a magical story of jesse . she was having a rough patch early in the summer and i thought she maybe moving on . well we got back home after visiting my mom and jesse was in the back yard searching the ground with her nose quite intently for something

i noticed a sparrow on the fence with something the size of a silver dollar in its mouth. seemed kind of big for a little bird . the sparrow flew off the fence and landed on the ground next to jesse and dropped what it had in its mouth and flew away jesse came over to the item and gobbled it up . what a funny thing i thought at the time

after that she seemed to get better and before i knew it she put weight back on and acting younger than ever .my mom thinks it was manna from heaven . i cant argue that point

today she is doing well .still chasing those pesky rabbits everyday and having a good time doing it . added some canned mackerel to her diet . she enjoys it . i always thought jesse was the reincarnation of my cat from child hood (nah nah sita ) she acts like a cat and love is on her terms kind of like a cat

every time i think she maybe heading out to greener pastures she proves me wrong and i am glad she does

Comment

Working...
                                X