X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

thanks antonia

yes it is a team effort but i give jesse most of the credit
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Woot, six years!!! You're and inspiration to all of us!

Jake
      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Linda1 View Post
        Woot, six years!!! You're and inspiration to all of us!
        without the forums support linda with people like you we would not be here today enjoying jesses milestone and she with her friends the bunnies
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Wow! Six years! You two obviously work well together! I got such a giggle out of the image of her nudging that baby bunny! The bunny was probably terrified!!
          Keep up the good work Jesse...you too Jesse's Girl!
          Mel and Vinny
          Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

thanks mel

yes that baby bunny just would not move. jesse did give a gentle nudge with her nose but no go and i said time to go jesse leave the bunny alone

hope jesse will be here to have more fun with the bunny when he or she is all grown up . spring is a fun time

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
              so with jesse we take it one day at a time never look to far ahead and look back and think about what she has accomplished shes a good sweet girl
              A wonderful outlook for your girl! Love hearing an update on her!
              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Love to pop in and see that Jesse is having a anniversary You do such a wonderful job with her, and the advice you give is invaluable.

Give her many bunnies to chase.

Barb
                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

thanks patty and barb it has truly been an adventure and because of people like you jesse still gets to chase the bunnies and i enjoy watching

Comment

I just realized I never posted anything about Jessie's update. I think I typed it and then got distracted at work and it disappeared. I do always try to keep up with the adventures of Jessie and so love to hear your stories! You have done a great job with her.
                    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

thanks amy your presence on the forum covers all boundaries dont know how you keep up with things but jesses glad you do and me also

Comment

Time for an update on jesse

she will be 12 years old on thursday a normal life span for a beagle . Back in the day i did not think she would make it to her 6 th birthday . she proved me wrong .

Her seizures from epilepsy has continued to be almost non existent her last seizure was feb 2nd so this is the longest in her life she has gone without a seizure and appears to be in remission if you can say that about epilepsy

earlier in her life she could have 1 to 3 seizures a month . Have never put her on medication for it . Could not find any info on dogs going in remission as they get older i presume most dogs are on medication so you would not know

So knock on wood that it continues down this path wish i new it was something we were doing but i have no idea but put in in the miracle
                        bracket

her routine has remained pretty much the same and her numbers and health appear to be good . She still enjoys chasing her rabbits every day and fun to watch her howling at them getting them to run

Comment

Happy birthday, Jesse!

Jake
                          13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                          At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Happy Birthday to Jesse! Glad she is going strong
                            Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                            Diabetes: Aug 2013
                            Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                            Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

thanks linda and mike jesse really appreciates your happy birthday wishes

now we just have to figure what to do maybe a bit of ice cream yum

Comment

best birthday wishes to jesse...maybe an extra bunny hunt,lol...then ice cream
                                Keep up the good work
                                Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Working...
                                X