Otis Farrell July 24, 1999 - October 4, 2013 RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Otis Update

Oh no, I'm so sorry. Run free sweet Otis.

Jake
    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Oh Bill....Otis was such a fighter I was hoping to log in and find he'd beaten the odds once again. The tears are flowing freely and my heart breaks over the loss of your best friend. May he watch over you always and live in your heart forever. Sending a virtual hug your way. Holli
      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Oh, Bill - this is truly sad news. It is some consolation that you got to be there with him in that last moment. You have always gone above and beyond for sweet Otis and I know he loved and appreciated it all. I hope you can find some peace and comfort in time once the shock wears off. Thinking of you!
        Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

• Re: Otis Farrell July 24, 1999 - October 4, 2013 RIP

I'm so sorry. Otis will always always be with you. Run free sweet boy
          Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Oh Bill.....

I remember you writing about the first time you came home after Otis had gone blind to find him in the middle of the room howling and being at a loss of what to do, and how sad you felt for him.

I see you now in your house, your soul mournfully crying and at a loss of what to do....

I hope there is some connection for you and maybe you can feel O's spirit offering you some comfort and guiding you through this so difficult time.

Our cherished animals seem to go through this separation so much more gracefully and bravely then do we. Maybe that is always the way it is for the person left behind.

I wish I could offer you some comfort, but I know there is none to be had for quite awhile.

O, my wish for you is the same as it was for Ruby. I wish that when you opened your eyes on the other side that you could see all the wonderful things that you couldn't while still on this earth.

Tara
            Tara in honor of Ruby.
            She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
            Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

darn it, I am so sorry Bill. Otis was a trooper. Like Jessegirl said we all cared about him. Judi
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh, Bill . I'm at a loss... I'm so sorry you've lost your best friend. You're relationship with O was akin to mine with Ali and I know the hole in your heart must feel so deep. Thinking of you and praying you will find comfort as you navigate the days ahead. We are here when you need us.
                Patty
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Bill,
                  My heart goes out to you, I know Otis was deeply loved and cared for... I hope sweet memories will forever fill your heart.
                  Dawn
                  Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

Oh no.... Bill. I am speechless and heartbroken for you. And I know you are just devastated. Sending you a huge hug and a kiss skyward to the O. I can't believe he's gone.

so sad,

Natalie

Comment

oh my bill

ottis was a fighter tough as nails but he knew his time to leave had come and it was time to go home where we all come from .

your faith will give you some solace but the missing part is what gets us all .even though we know that they are in a much better place we are not there with them and have to wait. for are loved ones its probably just a flash in time but for us it feels like eternity .

he is such a fun guy your description of him is like planting him on my lap and would know it was him even though i had never seen him .

we were with you 2 through the trials and tribulations it did bring you closer to together and us with ottis and you .

he will be truly missed. every time i see a pug i will think of the big O
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Oh Bill, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet boy Otis.
                        My thoughts and prayers are with you.
                        Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Comment

Oh Bill, my heart is breaking for you. I know what a special bond you and the big O had. May you find peace in the days ahead knowing that your guy has no more pain and runnning free at the bridge, waiting for the day he will see you again

Hugs
                          Sandy

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Otis.

Carol & Milo

Comment

Tears flooding here. I'm so sorry, Bill. I hope you can take comfort knowing Otis couldn't have had a better DogDaddy. Sweet Otis - fly free, and hover in that giant hole in Bill's heart - it's forever yours.
                              http://www.coherentdog.org/
                              CarolW

Comment

Bill....

I am heartbroken for you.
                                O had such a huge personality and know you will miss him terribly.
                                You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Allison
                                Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Working...
                                X