Vetsulin bubbles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetsulin bubbles?

Does anyone else use Vetsulin? Instructions from manufacturer say to shake it to activate the crystals, then wait til foam disappears. I do, but get tons of fizzy little bubbles in it which I am sure lowers the overall dose my little guy is getting. In a bigger dog might not make a huge difference but Romeo gets 1.5 units so bubbles take a lot. I’ve tried flicking. Ive tried hitting the syringe with a pen. I’ve tried pulling insulin up and down, etc. and bubbles stick to plunger as well, don’t know if that’s a flaw in the syringe? Help!
    Romeo, toy poodle dx diabetic Feb 2019. Natural Balance L.I.D. Sweet Potato Bison, Whole Life freeze dried turkey snacks. Vetsulin 2.5 units every 12 hrs. Ocu-Glo supplement. Dry eyes: Tacrolimus 1.0 (max dose available) 3x day and Diclofenac drops 2x day, along with Genteel gel lubricant at least 3-4 x/day.

Re: Vetsulin bubbles?

The instructions for Caninsulin, the Canadian version, says to turn the vial upside down and back a few times. This gets the bottom crystals mixed into the solution.
    Accomplishes the same thing as shaking but with less foam.
    Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Re: Vetsulin bubbles?

Ok thanks. I’ll try that.
      Romeo, toy poodle dx diabetic Feb 2019. Natural Balance L.I.D. Sweet Potato Bison, Whole Life freeze dried turkey snacks. Vetsulin 2.5 units every 12 hrs. Ocu-Glo supplement. Dry eyes: Tacrolimus 1.0 (max dose available) 3x day and Diclofenac drops 2x day, along with Genteel gel lubricant at least 3-4 x/day.

Comment

Working...
      X