Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patty's Ali

Sending good vibes and a hug...

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
      As you know, for me it's the guessing that's the worst, the imagination running wild. At some point even bad news is less painful than not knowing what's going on.
      Oh my God - that is so well put and so true!
      Karen & Sammie 65 lb Female Golden Retriever/Collie 12 years old. Addisons and diabetes diagnosed June, 2011. 15 U am/ 8 U pm Novolin N & 2 mg of Prednisone/day. 3 cups Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Lamb split into 4x a day feedings.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
        Awe, thank Barb

Shellie when I started I was at 8 just touching the line. I moved slowly and am at 8 1/4u now. Doesn't seem like much but for Ali it makes a difference.
        Wow! That is a small amount! Who would think a big dog would be so sensitive! I'm glad that you're so good at microdosing...think I'd be lost. How is Ali doing? Hugs!
        Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I went ahead and made an appointment at the same place we've gone for her eye appointments. July 10th is our date. This is the neurologist my vet recommended and we have an appointment with the dermatologist as well regarding Ali's injection sites that I've been struggling with.

Seems it's hit or miss on how well her insulin is getting absorbed right now which makes it hard to establish patterns and requires more testing. This is when testing is necessary but "not fun."

I can't help but feel something's going on with her.

We also have heavy thick smoke here due to an uncontained wildfire very nearby and temps in the 90s-100s, so Ali's staying in quite a bit (as am I).
          Last edited by Patty; 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM.
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Yes, I was wondering and worrying where you might be in relation to the fire.

I know this sounds trite, but you and Ali have been in my thoughts and I feel for the worry you must be going through. Thanks for giving us news of her.
            Tara in honor of Ruby.
            She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
            Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

I was hoping the fires were farther away from you Patty. Stay safe. Judi
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

The fire jumped 2 ridges this afternoon due to high winds and starting burning homes where it was just forest before. There are a lot of mandatory evacuations in place. Very sad to watch. It's so dry here. All it takes is a burning ember carried by the wind to start another section burning. We have open prairie grass behind us that's always a worry.

I've started gathering important things into one area as a just in case. Ali's food would be a big concern. Let's pray the effort won't ever be needed.
                Last edited by Patty; 06-26-2012, 09:55 PM.
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Patty its horrible to think of these wildfires so close to you and Ali. I really wish I could offer you some of our constant rain and drizzle that we joked about before, but now its not really the time to joke about these things.

Hope you all stay safe and well, and that things get more in controll for you.

Big hugs, Jen x
                  Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
                    The fire jumped 2 ridges this afternoon due to high winds and starting burning homes where it was just forest before. There are a lot of mandatory evacuations in place. Very sad to watch. It's so dry here. All it takes is a burning ember carried by the wind to start another section burning. We have open prairie grass behind us that's always a worry.

I've started gathering important things into one area as a just in case. Ali's food would be a big concern. Let's pray the effort won't ever be needed.
                    Hoping and praying the fire stays away from your area. Just read about it this morning and it looks as though it's just getting worse and Mother Nature will be no help.

"Colorado wildfire of 'epic proportions' displaces 32,000; tests firefighters"
                    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Oh Patty! Am worried but will think good thoughts! I wonder if Ali senses what is going on and that might have something to do with what she is going thru? I hope the docs can figure out something if not. Sounds like you've got her covered one way and another.

It's good that you are getting prepared. Too many folks wait and then it's too late! We go thru that here now and again with hurricanes although we are lucky in that it doesn't happen often. Here's hoping for the best!!!!!

Keep us up to date on how you and Ali are doing! Uber hugs!!!
                      Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Hoping and your family are safe. Just what you need on top of everything else going on.

Stay safe.
                        Hugs,
                        Barb
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

This is horrible to see....all are in our prayers. Stay safe, it's a good thing you are prepared lets hope you don't need to leave.
                          Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

Oh no, these fires are just awful this year. Hoping for the best, stay safe!

Comment

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and heres hoping those wildfires soon get under control and get no closer to you!!

Comment

Stay safe, Patty. Thinking good thoughts for you, Ali, and your whole family. I can't imagine how nerve wracking that must be.
                                Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Working...
                                X