Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
    No, we all were too tired from the fight, and wet, to stop. I might go out later by myself (Annie would likely refuse to get in the car) and bring home an ice cream treat for her.

It's 100 degrees here today, nearly 20 degrees above average. Annie is napping and I'm thinking I might do the same.

Craig
    I didn't think you guys got that hot up in Portland. Arkansas has actually been in the 80's and raining the last week. It never rains in August here. The yard is like a jungle - usually the yards are dead from the drought.

Get that baby her ice cream.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
      I didn't think you guys got that hot up in Portland. Arkansas has actually been in the 80's and raining the last week. It never rains in August here. The yard is like a jungle - usually the yards are dead from the drought.

Strange weather all over this year. We had a record cool July without a single 90 degree day. Then comes August with 90's and several 100s. Many folks don't have A/C, but we do. Monday is forecast to have only a high of 79, but high 90's Thursday-Sunday. No rain in the forecast, so the forest fires will continue.

Yea, a Dairy Queen run later this evening is being planned.

Craig
      Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
        Mission accomplished! She liked the ice cream (about ½ cup, I ate the other half!). Problem is now she has a messy face / beard just hours after her bath

Craig
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

💕💕💕Annie!!!!!
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Just a little Annie update.
            Her diabetes and meals have been great the past 3 weeks. Only one reading outside 100-225, a 270ish after we shared a bit too much pizza crust? She has also been eating 99.9% of her meals, only leaving 1-2 pieces of kibble or "crumbles" of canned food. I think she just doesn't "see" the food (blind). Besides, she will usually go back to her bowl after the injection and hunt for the last morsels, even if there aren't any.

You would think I'd be happy and stay the course . Tonight I changed the ratio of canned & kibble (decreased canned & increased kibble) just for the fun of it.

Craig

Comment

Sweet Annie... it can be so challenging with these older pups.

I just talked to my great aunt who lives in Portland and I was surprised to hear that you have had such hot temperatures. Down here in the Sacramento Valley, we had one of the nicest end of August / beginning of Septembers I can remember, rarely above 90 degrees.

Natalie

Comment

Here's a recent example of Annie's BG. The 6:30am reading was unusually high, possibly due to a different brand of canned food that I tried on 9-29 and 9-30. Anyhow, it shows how her BG varies during the day with her lowest BG at feeding time.

10-1
                6:30 292
                10:30 215
                2:30 243
                4:30 219
                6:30 153

10-2
                6:30 162
                10:30 142

The afternoon might be interesting because we plan to do a little grooming and then take a trip to the doggy self-wash. It amazes me how a 15 year old, blind pup, can fight over grooming and a bath!

Craig

Comment

Annie is at the vet clinic (spa?) today. You might recall she had a growth near her right eye. It has grown and I figure it was time to have the growth removed. While there, she will have a dental cleaning and FACE GROOMING (she won't allow us to groom her forward of the ears!)

The house is soooo quiet!

Craig

Comment

Oh wow Craig,
                    I always get so nervous when sissy needs procedures
                    She should get her teeth done again,but I worry about her age and overall health so much...!!
                    Hope all goes well.I'm sure miss Annie will be glad to get home..Is it a tag on her face
                    Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Originally posted by stylynjm View Post
                      Oh wow Craig,
                      I always get so nervous when sissy needs procedures
                      She should get her teeth done again,but I worry about her age and overall health so much...!!
                      Hope all goes well.I'm sure miss Annie will be glad to get home..Is it a tag on her face
                      Not sure what I'd call the growth, something like a wart? It was about the size of a peanut that covered ½ her eye socket. I had to spread the eye open to put in her eye ointment because the growth covered so much area.

Just got a phone call from the vet, Annie is done and will be ready to come home in a couple of hours. Will have to guess at her insulin this evening since she will get a reduced dinner. Thinking ½ dose will be OK.

Craig

Comment

glad all is good.... give her lots of hugs
                        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

glad the procedure went well

Yes everyone gets all kinds of growths and spots as we get older

Not sure if annie will be happy with you at this moment but she always understands its for her own good
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Maggie had one a couple of years back - it grew and obviously started bothering her because she kept scratching it and so she would have a bloody eye every time we turned around. It healed so fast.

Hope she does good and has a few treats with her pearly white teeth.
                            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Glad that Annie did well with her "spa day". Jake also had 2 growths that grew right on the edge of his eye lid. I had them removed when they started to rub his cornea.

Jake
                              13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                              At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Glad to hear things went well!
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X