Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Good luck to both Annie and Craig at the vet's tomorrow. It sounds as though this has been pretty tough on you both.

Don't forget the medical marijuana card...for you or Annie?

Tara
    Tara in honor of Ruby.
    She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
    Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Good luck, Craig! Thinking good thoughts for Annie!
      Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
        we may have two choices in the near future. Either laser surgery for the glaucoma, or have the eye removed. Another eye appointment tomorrow.

It's especially upsetting because we've been able to keep her BGs in what we thought was a good 100-250 range for the last 2+ years (very few 300+ tests).
        Good luck to Annie & you, Craig!

There's a special place for people like you for always going the extra yard for your furry friend.
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow Craig!!!!! Keeping everything crossed for a goo outcome!!

Sandy

Comment

Shellie,
            Mildred's cataract surgery back in 2005 was THE best thing I could have ever given her. She had absolutely no eye issues for the 7 years she lived with her newly implanted lens'.
            The surgery and post op was a breeze for her.

Craig,
            Sending good vibes your way for Annie.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Good luck Craig and Annie! Waiting to hear how things go! Hugs!!!
              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Originally posted by eileen View Post
                Shellie,
                Mildred's cataract surgery back in 2005 was THE best thing I could have ever given her. She had absolutely no eye issues for the 7 years she lived with her newly implanted lens'.
                The surgery and post op was a breeze for her.

Craig,
                Sending good vibes your way for Annie.
                Thanks Eileen....I'm still on the fence...most especially since he is doing so well right now. I think I'm going to wait to make any final decisions until he is fully blind if/when that happens. He seems to be adjusting so well that I wonder if he has even noticed it yet!
                Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Craig, just catching up on Annie's thread.

Hope all goes well and will be looking for an update.

Good luck

Louise

Comment

Just back from the eye vet. The good news is that her eye pressure was 6, and the vet was happy. Gave us a choice of continuing all the eye drops, or to think about laser surgery. I've set Annie up for the surgery on 5-16. Hey, it's only money and I still have room on my home equity line of credit!

It might just be my imagination, but her eye had looked less red the past several days: until we got to the vet clinic. When we got out of the car, it was as red as ever. She had her nose out the car window, wonder if it was some sort of wind burn?

Darn, I forgot to ask the vet about a marijuana card for the glaucoma!
                    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                      Just back from the eye vet. The good news is that her eye pressure was 6, and the vet was happy. Gave us a choice of continuing all the eye drops, or to think about laser surgery. I've set Annie up for the surgery on 5-16. Hey, it's only money and I still have room on my home equity line of credit!

It might just be my imagination, but her eye had looked less red the past several days: until we got to the vet clinic. When we got out of the car, it was as red as ever. She had her nose out the car window, wonder if it was some sort of wind burn?

Darn, I forgot to ask the vet about a marijuana card for the glaucoma!
                      that's great news maybe they can get a card for jesse epilepsy heard great things for human epileptics
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Good news Craig. Will be praying the surgery is a success! I'm curious (I know I asked Jj this too, forgive my memory) what does the laser surgery do for reducing the eye pressure? How does it work?
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Great news Craig and I hope the surgery goes well.

Tks for the update

Louise

Comment

guess we can't blame the red eye on her marijuana use yet! I think it is great that the vet thinks surgery is an option. I hope Annie sails right through it!

Judi
                            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Hey Craig, it is only Money glad she is a candidate- Please keep us posted- Hopefulyy they can get her down to 2 drops p/day
                              Everything crossed.
                              Jj
                              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
                                Good news Craig. Will be praying the surgery is a success! I'm curious (I know I asked Jj this too, forgive my memory) what does the laser surgery do for reducing the eye pressure? How does it work?
                                Good question! Sounds like the laser is used to "drill" small hole(s) to allow the eye to drain.

http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/laser-surgery.php

I understand this surgery may, or may not, return some sight. If it returns some sight - great! If it doesn't return any sight, it should still reduce the number of eye drops used and I'm hoping will pay for itself ($650-700 estimate) within a year.
                                Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Working...
                                X