Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle

Great she keeps you on your toes, Judi! Good catch - sounds like you may have been more shaken up by it than she was. I still love her spunk!
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I wonder if her and Maggie are texting. That sounds like Maggie every once in a while. One day, I was trying to get a new tire after hitting a pothole. I went out to my car and asked one of the girls to test Maggie since it was snack time. The reading on the OTU was LO. She called me from the store and she couldn't even put words together. I had never gotten that before and it was a real shocker. I have had some 20's. So scary.

These old girls just don't give us any breaks. Good thing you know what to look for!
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Scary! - but great that you're on top of things.
        Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

thanks you guys. Amy these old girls must have a network. I cut her insulin last night from 4 to 3 and she was still 41 this morning. bleh.

she feels so good when she is too low. she gave me hell till I got her breakfast ready lol
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Ugh Judi. I hated that for Ali too. Every time I tried to back off she'd throw me a curve ball. Glad you caught it. My heart always did double time when I'd see that on the meter even if I was calm on the outside and able to respond accordingly. Those furkids take years off your life...
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Good catch!

Last year some neighbors found a very old and sick looking chihuahua wandering the streets. For various reasons, we wound up keeping him for the night and decided to take him to the ER vet because all involved thought he might have been hit by a car because he was so wobbly and pathetic looking.

Next day he was reunited with his family who advised that he always looked like that... just very old and frail and lots of health problems!

I understand he passed away many months later. His name was Taco and he was a cherished member of the family.

Old ain't dead or even dying. It's just old. I'm aiming to take on old age as gracefully as Chris did!

Natalie

Comment

Judi,

Glad you were able to make the catch. Hope the roller coaster ride doesn't last too long.

Judy
                Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Given the sad mood of a lot of folks I am hesitant to post this morning but we just said goodbye to my Jenny.

She says she will see you on the other side and to please bring treats and belly rubs! She knows we will miss her horribly because there is only 1 Jenny but she was really starting to hurt and not know where she was. Also, her insulin needs had dropped from 3.5 to 2 with no other changes so I suspected something not good was going on internally.

Her vets were all deer hunting Saturday when we called and the brand spanking new vet who was working is not comfortable finding veins in small dogs. We appreciated the heads up and used this last weekend for extra treats, cuddles, quick walks in the sunshine and lots and lots of Tramadol.

Her first night with us she slept on my husband's chest in his armchair all night as I stupidly thought we'd keep her out of our bed. Her last night with us she slept in my husband's lap in his armchair because she hurt and would only let us hold her for brief periods at a time.

I feel good that we didn't do it too soon. She really started being uncomfortable Thursday night but the extra tramadol helped. It was hard though. She fell asleep in my arm fighting the sedative for awhile cause she was tough.

She would like to thank you all for helping us with all of her illnesses. you gave us 3 and half more years with her that we probably wouldn't have had.

Love from me, Wade & Jenny

Jenny 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh no!!! So very sorry for the loss of your Jenny. I know that she has many pups ( including 5 of mine) to play with.

Hugs
                    Mary
                    JoJo 6 yr old mini-schnauzer dx with diabetes over 3 years ago. Currently on 16U of Novolin N 2 x a day. AlphaTrak 2. Also Calli 3 yr old yellow lab mix.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about Jenny. I'm sure Sparky Love met her at the bridge, showed her around, and shared some of his extra special treats with her.
                      Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

oh judi . it sounds like it was time for miss jenny to move on . she had so many challenges . she was a tough old girl and you have to respect that .

you guys did a wonderful job giving her a good dogs life and i was impressed at how you addressed the challenges that popped up . i know its because you loved her so

lots of hugs to you and your family and a kiss to miss jenny on her new journey
                        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Such a sad time, but you know you loved her and cared for her and she knew it too. She is happy and healthy now at the Bridge with all those other much loved furbabies.
                          Hugs to you and yours.
                          Chuck-108 lb male Rottweiler, 8 years old. Dx Sept. 24, 2014. 22.5 units of Novolin N 2 x a day. Alpha Track 2. 2 1/2 cup Purina OM Select Blend, 2 x a day. Also mom to 2 Boxer boys, I love my 3 boys-chucksmom aka Kim

Comment

gasping for thoughts and trying to type through the tears - know how very sorry we are for your (and our) loss.....The Diva was ours and we loved her so...

Sending you hugs and holding on....

Tami and Soaphie
                            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Jenny. She is running free at the Bridge with many of her friends.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your sweet Jenny. Run free Jenny.

Mike and Lily
                                Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                                Diabetes: Aug 2013
                                Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                                Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Working...
                                X