Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Ontario, Minnesota and Buffalo...looks like we're all familiar with the polar vortex and wonderful 'lake effect' snow. I'm also not too anxious to be dealing with the cold and brutal winter weather we get in this part of the country. Right now, the only warm spot seems to be in Florida!
    Grayson - 95lb black lab, 10yrs old, diagnosed 3/22/14 - Novolin N (27units) and Merrick Grain Free Buffalo and Sweet Potato dry food - Novox 100mg twice daily & a Cosequin supplement - Alphatrak2 & One Touch Mini

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
      Judi,

I have been keeping up with your thread and I find it hard to get through it without tears. I just saw Jenny and Maggie as such kindred spirits, so alike in so many ways - both traveling the road with complications and both always coming back so many times from the brink because they were tough girls.

I am glad you are at peace with the timing and you knew it was the right time. That is a huge blessing. I think any decision we make out of love is the right one. I know it still must be painful and so very sad. I will keep you in my thoughts in the coming days as I have been all week.

Amy
      thanks Amy. When Jenny got pancreatitis we leaned on you a lot. You know I admire your "village" that is helping take care of Miss Maggie.

Jenny was one of the tough girls but I think it made it easier to see when it was time. That last Wednesday we had about 2 inches of snow and it was a windy 30 degrees. I went outside with her and scooped her up as soon as her business was done but she still let me know how unhappy she was that I let her get so cold. I love that

I started thinking that night and the next day, wondering how we were going to get a few more months with her when the real cold was coming. I always said as long as she was still fiesty and still wagging her tail she was still Jenny and it was too soon. Then Thursday night she started the frantic pawing at her bed because something hurt. She ate ok but the only way I could soothe her was to sit next to her bed and stroke her side and her ears. That would bring an hour or two of relief then it would start again.

I gave her eye drops, ear drops, washed her face, and tramadol and the frantic pawing kept going on along with her getting lost inside the house.

So I felt like that was my sign. I think I've mentioned before that one of my coworkers waited one day too long with her cat, who she loved to the moon and back, and the poor cat had a stroke. She came home to find the cat alive but unable to move laying in the hall. It still haunts her wondering how long her cat was like that.

So, as much as I miss my little poodle I'm so glad we spared her further pain and that I was with her.

no more survivor's guilt! I hope Maggie has many more years to entertain us with her antics and her outfits.

our blue haired girls on the forum are very special.

love, Judi
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Judi I am so very sorry to learn of Jenny's passing. My thoughts are with you.
        Deepest condolences
        Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

thanks Jane.
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Hey Judi, thinking of you with this dang snow

how the heck is Ranger doing getting threw the snow to do his business?

hope our polar vortex isnt as bad as last year eh Judi?

like -40 degrees with 100 km winds, so far were good gees but its tough at -20. 30 km winds. Snow just started tonight. Took the car out, drive a mile out it back in the garage. Took a cab for beers
            Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
            20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Judi, I have no words, just a shift in the atmosphere when one of ours, and jenny was one of ours, takes that walk. I admire your strength and everything you did for the tiny Diva.
              I always loved your post and grew to looking forward to updates on Jenny, just not this one
              Peace and light
              Jj and eddie
              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Hi Mo: I think the stupid polar vortex is back. It was 3 degrees F today last year on this day it was 42.

thanks for asking. Ranger is having numerous accidents, he is still adjusting to Jenny being gone. A Big owl swooped from my deck to my tree the other night at midnight when I let him out. He was oblivious but it scared the crap out of me. thanks for asking.

JJ & Eddie: thanks so much for everything you did for us. We still miss her but she was really fading these last two months. She'd do something reminiscent of the "old" Jenny and it would surprise me. And I'd realize that she didn't do it much anymore.

so thanks and hugs to all of your dogs. We are sad and cold. And Ranger is getting lots of new toys and treats to try to keep him from being bored.

Judi

Comment

Thinking of you, hugs!
                  Cosmo 9 y/o Yorkie 20 LBS, DX 9/16/14 Novolin N 3 u BID. DX w Cushings 2 yrs ago, hepatomegaly, pancreatitis, peritonitis, gall bladder disease, heart block, BPH, bil fluxating patellas.

Comment

Originally posted by jas77450 View Post
                    Thinking of you, hugs!
                    Thanks. You are sweet. Ranger and I have had a sad weekend

Comment

Judi
                      As you may have noticed I only visit this board periodically since I lost my Buddy,

I am so very sorry to read about your baby girl Jenni having crossed over where I know she had a lot of furry friends to welcome her.

There are some furbabies on this board that you never quite forget because we seem to have been fighting the same challenges together.

You never do forget but you learn to live with it.

Sending you a great big virtual hug

Louise

Comment

Thanks Louise. I agree. I feel like groups of us went through a lot together and you helped me and Jenny a lot. I still look for her but am glad she isn't hurting. Hope things are good with you

Comment

Hi Judi,
                          Glad to see you are still checking in.

We are still hanging in but it's one day at a time for us at this point.
                          Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

It took us 14 months to stabilize our Angus and to properly manage his colitis and this past Friday, he was diagnosed with Addison.

I am just thankful that I was able to recognize the subtleties of the symptoms between Colitis and Addison and we rushed him to the vet immediately.

I now just pray and hope that I am not back on this board (for diabetes), not that I don't like you guys.

A friend told me that our little Buddy sent Angus to us to adopt knowing that we would take good care of him.

Keeping my fingers crossed and wishing all furparents the best of luck

Louise
                            Last edited by buddingartist; 12-02-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

aw Judy, enjoy every day and spoil her some for me.

Louise, I hope you don't wind up back here either! I don't know how you do it. I know Addison's is tricky but Angus definitely has the right people taking care of him. please keep us updated!

Judi

Comment

So sorry for your loss Judi...Jenny was an inspiration to us all. I'm not on the site very much since losing Ollie but it seems every time I do we've lost another one. Big hugs and thinking of you
                                Danielle and Ollie - 10.5 yo Silky Terrier May 17, 2003 - February 15, 2014. diagnosed Dec 28, 2012. See you on the other side Baby Bear.

Comment

Working...
                                X