Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

thanks Danielle. I know what you mean. I hate to see "our" dogs pass on
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thinking of you and sending hugs to you and a pat for Jenny!!!
      Cosmo 9 y/o Yorkie 20 LBS, DX 9/16/14 Novolin N 3 u BID. DX w Cushings 2 yrs ago, hepatomegaly, pancreatitis, peritonitis, gall bladder disease, heart block, BPH, bil fluxating patellas.

Comment

Thanks Jas. it's been a sad week. But we finally got her ashes so she is home. Ranger is not dealing with her loss very well. Lots of accidents and he clings to me. It's weird not to be dealing with insulin and testing. We need to get past the sadness. Hugs to all of your dogs.
        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Sending hugs to you and a virtual treat for Ranger
          Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

glad jenny is home judi . my brothers dog scooter is still on the mantle after passing a couple years . i just dont think there is a rush to find that special place . i think there spirits will let you know when and where they want to be .
            it shows how dogs do get attached to there brothers and sisters . i think the change in routine has to be a bit overwhelming . most things like when your kids leave home can be on a gradual coarse but an abrupt end to something done everyday for years must be perplexing . i try to prepare myself for that inevitable out come but i think thats just not possible. i am sure i will be wondering around trying to figure out what to do

ranger will slowly find a place of acceptance and so shall you and the family . its got to be a bit weird going from one reality to the next . yes dogs have many illnesses and challenges that can bring us close to them and rely very much on there survival but diabetes is another kind of animal . i think because we can have such a big impact on there lives outside of the vet so our responsibility is so great
            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I remember when I picked up Decker's ashes. I thought it would be difficult but I surprisingly found peace in being able to bring him back home. Glad Jenny is back with her family.

Poor Ranger - he is lucky to have you there to comfort him - as I'm sure he does the same for you.

The grieving process is so varied from individual to individual. So sorry you had a sad week - wish there was a magic wand to make things easier.

Thinking of you and sending you a virtual hug.
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Thanks Laura Jessegirl and Holli. There is peace having her home and we will be fine. I hope you guys are right about ranger. He's always been a weirdo. He is back to howling when I leave. If wade is home he'll sit on his lap and howl. He wears his heart on his sleeve.

Comment

Like you Judy, I felt much better when' Otis ashes arrived back home. He's on the mantle for now, and will be with me when I'm buried.

Still tear up every time I drive by his doc's office because it brings back memories of our last day together. Happens every time I go for a haircut. Don't mind anymore, .... just have it little chat with the little fella to let him know I'm still his #1 fan.
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Bill I'm glad it isn't horribly sad for you any more. I know Otis was a special guy. My hat is off to you voluntarily doing the diabetic pug thing again.

It is nice to have her home. And not in pain

Comment

Awe Judi sooo nice to have Jenny girl home. Glad you have your Ranger you and your hubby. Its always nice to have 2 animals.

we had a terrible snowstorm Riles went around in circles one way so he could lift his leg to pee, he,s a leg lifter, then made a circle the other way to poo. I got crazy eights all over the back yard lol. The snow compacted his underbelly legs even with his snow suit on, took hours to melt the big snowballs with a towel.

Lifting you up my friend

mo
                      Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Aw winter is so tough. He is a great boy. Give him a hug from me. Our snow melted this weekend. Ranger the psycho is still nuts.

Comment

I have thought of you so often lately - I know the holidays must be tough.

Poor Mags has gotten so old in the past month but she can be feisty like Jenny. She got really mad at Mya the other day for running into her and promptly put her in her place. Then, during the night she fell off the bed and was pitiful again. Her and Jenny must be distantly related.
                          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

they do share some personality traits! I love it when the older dogs show some spunk! poor darling falling off the bed. way to work it Maggie!

Comment

Warm Greetings to you from the Uk.
                              I have been on the K9 cushings site and they are so helpful,they signposted me here. Your Angel Jenny had Cushings and Diabetes; she looks a lovely girl Harry, my Llasa x King Charles Cavalier Spaniel has both too; I am grateful that you can share your experience and empathise with others too. Thank you.

I hope to post more here and share Harrys experiences:I value the knowledge the people here have: we dont seem to have such a fantastic resource here, so Im glad I found you all.

Harry is on Vetoryl 40mgs once a day since December 2014 and 5ml insulin twice a day since 8 days ago. My vet wanted to treat the Cushings first as she thought it was causing the diabetes. Ive seen an improvement since giving the insulin but need to inform myself more about it . Im working so evenings /weekends are when I can visit the site. Bye for now, Harry and Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Momakah View Post
                                Warm Greetings to you from the Uk.
                                I have been on the K9 cushings site and they are so helpful,they signposted me here. Your Angel Jenny had Cushings and Diabetes; she looks a lovely girl Harry, my Llasa x King Charles Cavalier Spaniel has both too; I am grateful that you can share your experience and empathise with others too. Thank you.

I hope to post more here and share Harrys experiences:I value the knowledge the people here have: we dont seem to have such a fantastic resource here, so Im glad I found you all.

Harry is on Vetoryl 40mgs once a day since December 2014 and 5ml insulin twice a day since 8 days ago. My vet wanted to treat the Cushings first as she thought it was causing the diabetes. Ive seen an improvement since giving the insulin but need to inform myself more about it . Im working so evenings /weekends are when I can visit the site. Bye for now, Harry and Sue
                                Hi Sue: We'd love to hear more about Harry. Dealing with both diseases can be tricky but it can definitely be done! I'm glad Harry is showing some improvement, please stop in when you can!

Comment

Working...
                                X