No announcement yet.

Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

Craig, words can't describe the time when our most loyal and true friend has to move on. Doesn't seem fair.
    But we need to think about everything we learned from their companionship, and be very thankful and grateful to have had the opportunity to own a dog, and remember the positive influences it had on your lives.
    Heartfelt condolences.
    Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

I'm so sorry Annie's time has come. She lived a blessed life with you guys and I know there will be an empty hole in your family. Godspeed Annie. No baths in heaven! Love, your k9 diabetes family
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

annie may have lived with diabetes longer than any other dog . its a testament to the care you gave her and her zest for life

you guys make a GREAT pair . always enjoyed her antics and how you rolled with them

me and jesse will be thinking of annie and you craig for a peaceful and a smooth transition to the other side surrounded by the ones that love her
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
          annie may have lived with diabetes longer than any other dog . its a testament to the care you gave her and her zest for life

you guys make a GREAT pair . always enjoyed her antics and how you rolled with them

me and jesse will be thinking of annie and you craig for a peaceful and a smooth transition to the other side surrounded by the ones that love her
          Annie was one month short of being 16 years old and diabetic for over 9½ years.

What am I going to do at 4am without Annie to take outside?

Craig
          Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Oh Craig, my heart hurts for you. It's so very hard, even when we know it's "time". I recently lost my oldest schnauzer, Bailey, (non-diabetic) 5 weeks ago. He was 15.5 yrs old. I heart aches so bad for him and I am still having hard time realizing he's gone. He and my Gus were buddies. And, with him being older, I had to care for him with his senior problems, as well, as take care of my Gus with his diabetic routine. We had a special bond, as I know you and your Annie did. Hold on to your precious memories, and it's okay to grieve. You had your precious Annie for 16 long years and the bond you two shared was pretty special. "Hugs" to you, Craig.
            Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
            10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

Craig,
              I am so sorry to hear the news about Annie. The two of you were a true inspiration to those of us with senior pets. I'm keeping you in my thought and prayers.
              Snickers was an 18 year old Skye terrier mix. - Diagnosed 12-1-15. Angel status 4-21-19. She was a once in a lifetime dog that will always be in my heart.

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Craig. You've taken great care of Annie's diabetic needs for the last 9 years, providing your buddy with a great quality of life, despite this disease. They're smart little beings, and she knows how much you've done to care for her and how much she's loved as a cherished member of your family..

Again, Craig, I'm very saddened to learn this and offer my deepest condolences to you and yours, ... and Godspeed to Annie.
                Last edited by farrwf; 09-06-2017, 04:41 AM.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Craig, I am so sorry and my heart hurts. Annie had the best of care and you did such a wonderful job. Through Annie's journey you both have helped so many and inspired me to know it can be done.
                  Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Craig... I knew this day was not far off but hoped against hope that she could stay longer. I suspect the seizures were a symptom of the thing you couldn't get past and it was only a matter of time. It seems to me that your decision-making was exactly right.

I'm just so sad. I think Annie must hold some kind of a record for living with diabetes, with much of the responsibility for that down to you and your incredibly dedicated care for her.

Sending her a kiss skyward and a hug to your and yours.

Natalie

Comment

Craig I can't think of any words to describe How bad I feel knowing You to had to make the decision to let Annie go. I have been there a few times in my life also and I always have a hard time understanding why our Furry Friends can't stay with us longer.
                      Our Hearts go out to You and your Family My Friend .
                      Dogg
                      My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day

Comment

Oh, Craig, I don't know what to say except I know the pain and how hard this was to go through. Annie, like my Maggie, was one of the long timers here and through her journey taught so many others the way to go through you. There are no words to ease this or make it better right now. Just know, you are in my thoughts and I am grieving for you and Linda right now. It took me some time and distance to be able to look back on Maggie's journey with more joy than tears and I still have my moments.

Annie was a great friend and family member to you guys but now she can eat to her hearts content and run free of pain, needles, and the confusion of dementia. Hugs to you, my friend!
                        Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Craig,

I'm sitting here thinking about you and your little angel. I know it is so hard to live without the familiar rountines.
                          Every day you will be reminded of what used to be.

My heart is breaking for you. Annie was so precious and you provided for her every need. She knows you loved her unconditionly, as she loved you.

Hugs,
                          Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Craig
                            I am so sorry to read this news about your little Annie. You looked after her so devotedly and I am sure she will have known how much she was loved right to the end.

I am sure that you and Annie have helped many many people over the years, including us, with all your wise advice and encyclopaedic knowledge on meters and testing.

It's tough getting used to not having to look after a diabetic doggy; I am still adjusting to not having to fit our entire schedule around Eddie's food, insulin and testing regime. It's undeniably easier but we'd all do it again in a heartbeat if we had the chance.

All best wishes to you and your family
                            Antonia
                            Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Craig,
                              My heart breaks for you. Our fur babies are never here long enough.

You were such a great carer for Annie and she was so lucky to have your love and devotion and you lucky to have her companionship.

Your journey with Annie and experience you shared with all of us on this board has helped so many of us, and I thank you for that.

I wish you comfort and peace at this time.
                              Dasani, Miniature Schnauzer 13 yrs old - Diagnosed Diabetic 3/21/15 - 22 pounds - 9 units Vetsulin 2X a day - Feed a mix of W/D and Solid Gold Wee Bit. Fish oil pearl supplement twice a day to help with high triglycerides.

Comment

Craig, I am so sorry to hear about Annie. Run free sweet Annie.

Jake
                                13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                                At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X