Thread: Jesse girl
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 09:24 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Jesse girl

Time for an update on Jesse . It is her 10 year sugarversary . At 15.5 she is a little old lady now . she is slower sometimes steps in her water dish and her bodily functions may not get her outside at times but there is something special having an older dog . My mom is 90 and they kind of remind me of each other except jesse does not need a walker . Its been over 4 years that she has had a seizure from epilepsy which she had as a puppy It shows you can avoid medication and a dog can still live a long life with the disease . Why it went away I wish I new and jesse is not talking . Her sugar has been in that 100 to 250 and we are down to one test day as she has protested a bit on testing so I said ok jesse I think we can do this safely with one test . The rabbits are way ahead of her now but she can still locate them with her nose . I never had an older dog before and with jesse its very special . She is more affectionate and loving . Her younger 6 month old french bulldog cousin is a little much for her as he comes out like a battling ram at her but she can hold her own . Young whipper snapper . We take one day at a time and enjoy everyday and dont worry about the small stuff . We give thanks to the forum for her long life with the disease .