Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Oh, so sorry to hear this. I know it hurts you just as if she had stayed with you the entire time. Actually, a part of her did stay with you and always will. Blessings to you....
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Oh my gosh...I remember Lucy! I thought how lucky she was to have such special people in her life! I'm so sorry you've lost her! It is always such a blow no matter when or how. Hugs!
      Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I'm so sorry to read this and am so sorry for your loss. May her spirit stay with all those she loved and may fond memories of her help you through this difficult time.

Holli
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I went back and read some of the earliest posts about Lucy and how you all rallied to save her. Sounds like she had 5 terrific years. I'm so sorry for your loss
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

• Re: Lucy has gone to The Bridge 4/21/2014

so sorry Rick. She had a wonderful life thanks to you!
            Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

• Re: Lucy has gone to The Bridge 4/21/2014

Oh, Rick! I'm so sorry to hear that Lucy has passed away. Please, if you are in touch with Dr. Dave and Connie, extend my most sincere sympathy to them on the loss of their beautiful Lucy girl and thank them again, so much, for being Lucy's true Mom and Dad.

I have thought about Lucy so often over the years and I will always be so grateful and happy that Lucy had 5 wonderful years with Dr. Dave and Connie, being a pampered and very much loved member of their family. It took an online village to rescue Lucy and one very special foster Dad (you!) to keep her safe until her forever home with Dr. Dave and Connie could be found. I know that none of us will ever forget her and that Lucy will be safe now, in our hearts, forever.
              Originally posted by Fishslayer View Post
              Lucy passed on to The Rainbow Bridge on April 21, 2014 from liver & kidney failure.

I'm kind of a basket case right now. She was only with me for four months but she was such a special girl. I feel so blessed to have known her. She was one of those dogs that comes along once in a lifetime but only if you are really, really lucky.

Thanks to her Syndicate and Dr. David & Connie she had 5 wonderful years of love and devotion she probably wouldn't have had.

Dr. David sent this...

Rest in Peace, sweet girl.

Comment

I'm so sorry to read of the loss of Lucy. I did not get in on the beginning of her story with you, but caught up several years ago. These little ones really work their way into your heart.

She was fortunate to have the extra years, and you to have known her. RIP, Lucy dear, and we will see you at the Bridge.

Mary
                Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Today is the first anniversary of Lucy going to the Bridge.

Got a nice email from David & Connie today. Lucy is never far from my thoughts.

Comment

it is a time of reflection . they have such a powerful affect on our soul . they maybe gone physically but not spiritually and always present with us
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Aw... Lucy was and still is special to me.

Did Dr. Dave and Connie adopt another dog since then? They are wonderful caregivers.

Natalie

Comment

Tomorrow is the second anniversary of Lucy's passing. Got an email from David & Connie today.

Lot has happened. July 2014 I was Dx with throat cancer. Finished treatment in November.

December 3 my wife of 30+ years passed unexpectedly. Thankfully some of her family came down & helped out. I wouldn't have made it without them and a few friends. Chemo has a side effect known as "chemo fog." Your short term memory just kind of checks out and attention span goes to zilch. The bad part is you recognize it and it gets pretty infuriating.

The cancer in my throat was gone but showed back up in my lung. I'm doing treatment for that. Getting my last chemo tomorrow then a PET scan to check things out. Paws crossed.

Last edited by Fishslayer; 04-20-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Oh Rick! I am so sorry for all that you have been through these last couple years!

Paws crossed here for good news for you....

Please keep checking back in.
                          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Today marks the third anniversary of Lucy's passing. Looking at photos & remembering her magnificent movement when she ran & the regal way she had of holding herself when she walked. She truly was the Queeen of the Yard.

Comment

Peace to you and Lucy is stilling running free.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

thoughts with you and sweet lucy . thats my 2 year old granddaughters name
                                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
                                X