Introducing......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing......

Boy, it's raining cats and DOGS in my neighborhood!!!

Torn between a few names right now- Walter White (from tv show Breaking Bad) or Scruffy.

Came home sunday night and was cleaning up when I looked out the window only to find a little cream colored dog running on neighbors steps. I grabbed a leash and headed out to investigate. This poor little baby came running over to me. He was filthy, flea collar, skinny, more than half his hair gone, and bald, bleeding paws. I put the leash on, headed in and bathed him. He was infested with giant fleas!!!!!! Joey ran and bought a flea comb, food, and various things.

*****I already had a giant crate setup in the garage because last week I found a little min-pin under a car around the corner. Luckily he was in great shape and his owner was already out looking for him. Owner checked out and picked this one up.******

I took him to the vet for frontline and he has an appointment today to exam.

Depending on the cats, (total of 3 now-Pia, Chooch, and Simon-newest) I think I'll be keeping him. trying to get a home for Simon but no one wants a cat.

I really can't understand people and how they just don't care for these animals. It's so sad.

Why do they keep coming to me? I can't even ignore them because they come to my door.

Will post a better picture later.
    I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Re: Introducing......

IT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE A HUGE HEART!!!! Goodness you are an angel! I can't wait to see pictures of SCRUFFY!!!!!
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Scruffy is a doll. And so are you! Word is getting out on the animal hotline. Most loving woman and partner at your house!
      lucky doggy
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

maybe heisenberge would be a good name, ha ha try saying that name for dinner time maybe try it out you might like it, ha ha

he is really cute jesse sees a similar dog on our walks he is let to wander by the owners and in need of some grooming .

why do people do the things they do i guess because they are people and dont realize the little things make the world a little better
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
          maybe heisenberge would be a good name, ha ha try saying that name for dinner time maybe try it out you might like it, ha ha
          I know, that's what I can call him when he's being bad.

Yeah, the word does spread quick doesn't it.
          I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Debbie...

I think Nibbles is bringing them to you..... You do have such a HUGE HEART, and I do like Scruffy, or Heisenberge

Barb
            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Originally posted by Abby's Mom View Post
              Debbie...

I think Nibbles is bringing them to you..... You do have such a HUGE HEART, and I do like Scruffy, or Heisenberge

Barb
              I totally agree with Barb. Nibbles has been busy and all of them are lucky to have found you! Love the picture. Look forward to updates!
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

It's good that Nibbles sent you Scruffy. LUCKY SCRUFFY!

I'm happy for him - and for you.
                http://www.coherentdog.org/
                CarolW

Comment

He sure came to the right place!
                  Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

so cute!!! of course they go to you because you have a HUGE heart looks like a "cinder" to me. of course after his bath maybe scruffy works lol
                    Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Awww Nibbles is doing a great job!! He could tell this little guy needs you!!

Sandy

Comment

Thanks guys! All encouragement is welcomed.

Everything is going pretty smoothly. Went to the vet, they said he's around 2yo. He loves to be held and likes the cars. He nd pia can be out together. She really likes him. Chooch, on the other hand, is a major bully. He weighs almost 16lbs, they dog is only 13lb and pia is around 10lb. Chooch is gigantic and as big as the dog. He and pia till can't be out together because he runs after her and tackles her and bites. He isn't mean, but he loves to bite. He still bites me constantly but not too hard and I know he's only playing. He's just too big for her and she doesn't fight back.

The dog was in the crate last night and chooch sat on the step and reached his paws in and grabbed his neck, played with his ears and tail and the dog just wagged away. Bath day is tomorrow and joeys niece is coming over for a spa day.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Comment

Long awaited photo...

He's growing more hair by the day.

We still cant decide on a name. Any suggestions?

Comment

Awww.... he is such a cutie.... That expression is priceless.... like.... "Hey, you are not going to throw me off this couch, are you?"

Names..... I like Scruffy, seems to fit his look.

Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

He looks like a shamus to me
                              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X