Meet Toby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meet Toby

A full day of school = time to catch up tonight - LOL!

Mel, here are some updated pics - see any of Vinny pup in there? Now you'll have to dig some baby Vinny pics out to share!

Toby's been loving all the delays, snow days, vacation days and early dismissals and has done fantastic as a result of having someone home at least every other day if not every day.

He's one of the snuggliest pups I've ever met. Every morning he gets up with John, eats, potties, then comes back to bed, nestles his head into my neck and flops his body down to snuggle for a bit more.

Saw a bit of his protective instincts last weekend. Rebecca & I were playing out back with the dogs. John had been fishing. Came home and came in the gate dressed in his waders still. Toby didn't recognize him. John didn't speak. Toby started growling at John. Then John moved towards me. Toby stepped in front of me. John moved closer. Toby bolted behind the tree. Well at least he warned me before he left me for dead - LOL!

Kinser's doing well too. Still full of attitude, enjoys his walks when Mother Nature cooperates and continues to be king of the begging in the house. His legs are starting to show his age a bit. He'll be 13 in April.

Miss Bubby Girl continues to hold her own too. She'll grace us with 18 years in April.

And my human baby girl will be ten in April... Where does the time go?

Originally posted by jamiel18 View Post
    Just checked this out and LOVE Toby! He is so cute and have to laugh at how he's keeping you guys on your toes. The puppy years seem so long ago!
    Thank you - he has great spurts of energy and speed but then settles right down to snuggle. A new concept to us. Our diabetic Decker, he had great energy and speed, and went 100% at all times. Toby, he has an off switch that Decker never had.

Bill - Go 'Cuse!
    Last edited by momofdecker; 02-28-2014, 08:40 PM.
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Great pictures Holli! Ali used to love the fishy smell of Tim's waders...I just know she would have love to go with and "help."
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

so cute! my toby does the same thing! big smuggler, rips stuffing out of toys, protects me even in the car lol
        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

love these pictures and love your not-so-brave pup!

esp. love Rebecca and the pups sleeping
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thanks Patty. One of my favorite pictures of Kinser is when he was one or two and he's in the river 'fishing' by John's side. John often fishes when we take the dogs to the break wall. Both Kinser & Decker would watch the pole and when they saw the bend they'd go running to John because they knew there'd be a fish to 'give kisses' to. Toby doesn't have a good sense of spacial awareness (we're always blocking him from falling off the bed, couch, down the stairs, etc..) so I'm a bit hesitant to take him out on the break wall. The center is wide but the drop on one side is on staggered rocks and the other side is steep. A fall on either side would be awful. Did Tim get to do any fishing when you lived in NY?

Peggy, Love your Toby stories too. Would love to see a picture of him!

Judi, the 'kid' picture was a lazy Sunday morning. They were all laying under the kitchen table while John & I ate breakfast. Toby is gaining some confidence. The first time he saw a squirrel he came running up the steps faster than his little paws could keep pace with as he had no idea what that moving thing was. Saw him chasing said squirrel up the tree the other morning.
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I'm trying to remember Holli. I don't think he did. However, he did a lot of fishing in CO. Ali loved to head into the garage to meet him and sniff his net and waders.
              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy to hear everything's going well with your gang, Holli. Love to watch Toby growing up.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Great pics Holli. I showed John who promptly said the one with all the stuffing around Toby definitely looked like Vinny. I'll find some pics and share.

I love the one with Rebecca and both dogs!! 💕💕
                  Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Love Toby! He's adorable. Glad everyone is doing well.
                    I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

• Re: Meet Toby

Thanks Debbie.

Here are a couple of pics from yesterday. I still see Toby as being a little guy but he seems to have had a growth spurt recently:

Comment

How cute!!!!!
                        Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Sure looks like it, Holli. It will be interesting to see how big he gets.
                          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Ha, did I mention that his energy level has had a growth spurt as well? Took him running early last week before the snow put us in a state of emergency once again. He must have sprinted a good two miles on/off then came home and had a good bark fest with Kinser and then wanted to play tuggie.

He was bouncing off the walls this morning and I had one of those awful slips in front of the kid... and called him Decker. First time I've done that - was mortified but she took it all in stride and Toby continued to carry on with his crazy Monday morning energy.

Good news is that he no longer has any fear of going for a walk - he perks right up now days. Should our snow ever melt and our temps hold steady at a decent range for any length of time, I'm pretty certain Toby will be willing to go running with me. My biggest concern is trying to keep up with him - LOL!

Comment

Toby is adorable and growing so fast.

Glad to read that your gang is doing well.

I'm with you on the snow and can't wait for the real "spring" weather and warmth.

Cheers
                              Louise

Comment

Originally posted by buddingartist View Post
                                Toby is adorable and growing so fast.

Glad to read that your gang is doing well.

I'm with you on the snow and can't wait for the real "spring" weather and warmth.

Cheers
                                Louise
                                Thanks Louise - So great to hear from you! Hope all is well with your two and four legged family! Sending you lost of warm wishes and hope that Spring is coming soon (not soon enough for me).

Holli

Comment

Working...
                                X