View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 04:11 AM

Default Re: My Monster Vinny

Thanks for the responses! I am definitely thinking we need to start home testing. Between food and exercise...and the laying around he does, I just think it would be good. I think I read on another thread that I can get a BG tester at Walmart. I'll have to look for that again! And look for those video's I saw...I wouldn't know where to begin on all of this if it wasn't for this forum!

Vinny is 100 lbs, but not overweight...just a big lab. He probably has a mix in him, we've just never been able to tell what if anything. We are feeding him Iam's Rx for diabetes ($37 a bag!) at just under 2 cups 2x a day. He eats it all in what seems like one gulp. This is less food than what we were giving him before by about a cup (not that we measured it) and he would get dog treats throughout the day. I really think we need to give him a snack at mid-day. Vinny is always looking for something to eat, or sneaking our food if he can; he just has never shown this much interest in food! Vinny got into some pizza that my daughter left on the counter and I freaked! I called the emergency vet clinic to see if I needed to do anything. Just a week ago, he would have been scolded...no wait, he probably wouldn't have gotten into it.

I'll be taking Vinny to his next appointment...I have too many questions not to.

Thanks again!