View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 01:16 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: fructosamine testing

Section1 is correct as the fructosamine test just shows the average and not knowing the exact low number is a problem . My dog had a curve that ranged from 500 to 100 . A fructosamine test may show you need to raise the dose but that 100 numbers actually says no and a raise of the dose could take the dog dangerously low . Another factor it does not show big swings in blood sugar called rebound which can point to insulin being to much

Most on the forum test blood sugar and do curves at home . I have been doing that for jesse for over 10 years . I took over the management of the disease after about a month with the vet . Not much different than a human diabetic would do to manage the day to day of the disease
Jesse-26 lbs - 15.5 years old - 10 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number