Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kitty Gus - July 1996 - April 1, 2011

Natalie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. But Kitty Gus is thankful that he had you to take care of him and notice the spark was gone from his eyes.

Hugs,
    Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Hi Natalie - I've been afraid to ask about Gus lately knowing that you were probably wrestling with "that question" again.

It's a hard road we have to take when we have pets that we outlive. I've often run those moments through my brain requestioning my decisions. Having said this, I will also say what I told you before....if I could pick someone to be at my bedside answering for me, you'd be one of the people I would choose.

You are so diligent and focused in your care for Chris, Gus and Jack (these are three I know of) that they couldn't possibly have had a better caretaker - or one more knowledgable.

Still, I know you miss him, and my heart goes out to you. But Gus had a very good life with you! What more can we ask?

Comment

Naltalie, so sorry to hear about your loss. Gus was a very lucky guy to have you as his mom. We all know you are the best. Gail

Comment

JJ,

I'm so sorry to learn of Quincy's passing... Torties are special. Our tortie Winky passed away about five years ago under very similar circumstances. That was sweet that Quincy had her own room and extra special that, after hard times, she found a home where she was deeply loved.

Sharing your sadness,

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by pgcor View Post
            I will also say what I told you before....if I could pick someone to be at my bedside answering for me, you'd be one of the people I would choose.
            Is that option available to us? To have Natalie be our healthcare proxy? Sign me up!!!!!
            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Oh Natalie, I'm so sorry to read of Guss' passing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

hugs

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Natalie,

I was so sad to read about Gus' passing today, and I am so sorry for your loss. I wish we could keep our little ones forever. I do know you did everything possible for Gus for as long as possible, and nothing more could have been done. Your constant oversight and dedication to Jack and Gus have been an inspiration to us all, from which we have all drawn strength to provide the best care we can for our animals. For me, that will be Gus' legacy. Please accept my very deepest condolences, and know that we all understand how difficult this is for you.

All my love,
                Kevin
                Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Natalie and JJ,
                  As a mom of two 20 year old cats, I can totally sympathize. I am so sorry that you are going through this, but your cats could have asked for better care and love. They were so lucky to have you as their loving parents.
                  Deepest sympathies and prayers. Definitely, the hardest part of pet parenthood is seeing these innocent creatures suffer and letting them go. I am hoping when my turn comes, I come out as strong as you and still have capacity to care for others in need.

Yunhee

Comment

Natalie,

I am just so sorry to read that Gus has passed away. Any animal lucky enough to reside with you has always gotten the best of care and love. It's hard but regardless of how much we love we just can't get that extra time with them.

Thinking of you

Jenny

Comment

Hello Natalie....I'm so sorry to hear of Gus' passing.
                      It's strange....because I was thinking of you within the last two days and wondering how things were going with you and Jack....so I came to check and found this about Gus. I know that you did the very best for him and letting him go was your only option.
                      (((HUGS)))
                      Jo-Ann

Comment

OMG, Natalie, I am so sorry to hear about Gus. You have always been here for me and I would give anything to make everything better for you. Please know that my love, prayers and healing energy go out to you.
                        To Gus: Roll happily in the catnip fields of heaven, little guy, with all your new friends across the Rainbow Bridge. Watch over your Mom and all of us still fighting all these battles down here. May sunshine warm your face and gentle breezes be at your back. Until we all meet someday at the Bridge......
                        Godspeed and God Bless, our precious Gus,
                        Carrol & Sparky
                        Carrol & Sparky (AKC Nuage Sparks a Flyin') Bichon Frise 10 yrs. old, diagnosed October 2010, 18.8lbs, Humulin N 5 1/2u twice a day; 2/3 cup Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight with 1 tsp. Blue Buffalo canned chicken meatloaf twice daily. REALLY likes: Romaine lettuce

Comment

Natalie,

I am so sorry to hear about Gus.........but there is one thing that is certain Gus was well and truly loved.

You and Jeff did everything you possibly could for him. He is resting in peace now Natalie free from pain...........It hurts so much but you know within yourself it is a happy release for Gus.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs

Margaret
                          Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Natalie

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Gus. He was lucky to have you and I know he is waiting at the bridge with chris for you.

peggy
                            Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Hey Nat,

I know how much you cared and loved Gus. God knows you did everything possible for your boy. As a matter of fact you did more than most pet owners would have done. He was lucky of had you as a Mom. You weren't thinking of your pain you were thinking of his. The most important thing consider is the quality of life of an animal. When there isn't any quality it is time. I think you knew this. Doesn't make it easier does it? It still hurts like heck. I am sorry. Hugs to you, your family and to Jack and Katie. Transfer your love to your others. It helps with the healing process. So sad Nat. So sad

Marianne
                              Marianne and canines: Jasmine( diabetic since 4/10) Puma,Harley,Sebastian,Sophie and cats: Yoda,Sabrina and Cleo. Also Baby Boy (my cockatiel) & Angel Pebbles

Comment

Natalie I am soooo sorry for your loss! I'm sure you did everything you possibly could and Gus was a very luck guy to have you as his mom!!

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family
                                Sandy

Comment

Working...
                                X