Rusty's Journey Sugarversary March 10!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rusty's Journey

Well done on making it to the first anniversary! Here's to the next one!
    Antonia
    Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Great job, you two, ... congrats! Many more.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

happy dance for rusty and you

congrats
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Belated congratulations on your One-Year Sugar-Versary!!!

Wishing the two of you many more sugar-versaries in the future.

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
            Belated congratulations on your One-Year Sugar-Versary!!!

Wishing the two of you many more sugar-versaries in the future.

Natalie
            Thank you Natalie could not have done it without this wonderful and informative forum.
            Rusty 28lb male mixed breed. 7 1/2 units Humulin N 2x a day,Purina EN Fiber Balance, string beans and 2 cubes of chicken breast as a treat after injection. Afternoon snack of his kibble,string beans and a cube of chicken breast. AlphaTrak 2. Diagnosed with diabetes March 2015.

Comment

• Yay! Congrats on 1 year!
              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Rusty had his vet appointment on Thursday night and so far so good.
                He lost a few more pounds but that is what she wanted since he was a bit overweight when first diagnosed.
                Brought all my glucose readings and his insulin was raised to 61/2 units.
                All in all he is still a happy pup and we are just waiting for the nicer weather to be outdoors more.
                HAPPY RUSTY=HAPPY RUSTY'S MOM
                Rusty 28lb male mixed breed. 7 1/2 units Humulin N 2x a day,Purina EN Fiber Balance, string beans and 2 cubes of chicken breast as a treat after injection. Afternoon snack of his kibble,string beans and a cube of chicken breast. AlphaTrak 2. Diagnosed with diabetes March 2015.

Comment

such good news! I'm happy for Rusty and his mom!
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

its nice to seem them feel better

happy dance
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Haven't been here in a bit with a Rusty update....so here it goes
                      He has been doing very well and adjusting to his diabetic life.
                      doing the best I can and treasure every single day I get to be with him.

Comment

glad rusty has adjusted to his new reality . most diabetic dogs can live a normal life with some limitations

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty (Bobba) mom View Post
                          Haven't been here in a bit with a Rusty update....so here it goes
                          He has been doing very well and adjusting to his diabetic life.
                          doing the best I can and treasure every single day I get to be with him.
                          Glad to hear this from you. Hope his recovery will keep on going, the way you say "The best you can" it reflects about your personality your a good man I know god will see you in your situation right now, don't lose hope Rusty will overcome in this situation. I pray for you.

Comment

Just a quick update that Rusty is still doing well.....

Comment

great . When we get the diagnosis we believe the sky is falling but once a routine is established we then go to that new normal and a happy dogs life

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
                                great . When we get the diagnosis we believe the sky is falling but once a routine is established we then go to that new normal and a happy dogs life
                                Couldn't have said it better my first.
                                I remember how frantic I was back in March 2015 when he was first diagnosed and now it is just a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X